Windows 10: Same number of cores as processors in Task manager

Discus and support Same number of cores as processors in Task manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The short of it is that task manager is displaying the correct number of CPU cores, 6, but also saying that there are only 6 logical processors.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Pablo Griswold Morales, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Same number of cores as processors in Task manager

The short of it is that task manager is displaying the correct number of CPU cores, 6, but also saying that there are only 6 logical processors.

Here's the context: I just received the Dell precision 7540 that I ordered so that I can run engineering simulations etc while quarantined. It has an i7 9750H in it, which should have twelve threads two each on six cores. I believe that this was even displaying correctly earlier today, but I've been putting it through a lot all today installed NX, Solidworks, and Matlab so far, with Ansys and some more coming up and i just noticed that somewhere along the way it seems to have forgotten that it should have two threads per core. I've obviously right-clicked on the task manager CPU usage graph to display logical processors with no luck; it has six graphs. I've poked around albeit not TOO thoroughly in msconfig looking to see if any processors were disabled on boot and found nothing useful the restriction box was unchecked but only goes up to six anyway. I doubt anything is actually broken, as it's brand new and running smoothly, and i certainly haven't gotten any malware on it, as I've basically only been to trusted software company sites and YouTube so far.

I'd appreciate any help to troubleshoot why it's only showing six threads.

P.S. yes I've rebooted it ;

Same number of cores as processors in Task manager 2f5e46d3-9a05-4417-8115-9b188bb45bc6?upload=true.png

:)

Pablo Griswold Morales, Apr 25, 2020

2. Number of processes core showing on task manager is wrong

The task manager showing only one Processor Core while Device manager shows 4 No of Core. the print screen attached....

Same number of cores as processors in Task manager 5921da51-47bb-4ce4-bcab-5bdd1133346f?upload=true.png

JoydeepSarkar3, Apr 25, 2020
  3. I have 4 cores but task manager just show 1 core

Press Windows key + R

type msconfig

Hit Enter

Select the boot tab

Select advanced options

Uncheck Number processors

Click OK

Click Apply then OK

Restart when prompted

Check if the right number of cores now show up in Task Manager.

Andre for Directly, Apr 25, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Same number of cores as processors in Task manager

I have 4 cores but task manager just show 1 core

Hi Lee, that processor is a Dual Core Processor with 4 threads . . .

In Task Manager, right click the graph for your Processor and choose 'Change graph to logical Processors . .

How many processor cores do you then see?

Same number of cores as processors in Task manager 9e1af6d0-5678-4542-8469-f353a9e3935b?upload=true.jpg

DaveM121, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

Same number of cores as processors in Task manager

1. Same number of cores as processors in Task manager - Similar Threads - Same number cores

2. Task Manager is only showing only half of my cores and logical processors.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Manager is only showing only half of my cores and logical processors.: i switched cpu quite a while back and recently noticed bad performance and ive changed nothing in the bios and turns out im olny using 3 cores and 6 threads on a ryzen 5 5600x when it should be using 6 cores 12 threads...
  3. Task Manager is only showing only half of my cores and logical processors.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager is only showing only half of my cores and logical processors.: i switched cpu quite a while back and recently noticed bad performance and ive changed nothing in the bios and turns out im olny using 3 cores and 6 threads on a ryzen 5 5600x when it should be using 6 cores 12 threads...
  4. Task Manager is only showing only half of my cores and logical processors.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Task Manager is only showing only half of my cores and logical processors.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager is only showing only half of my cores and logical processors.: HiI just upgraded my CPU from an Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 to an Intel Core 2 Quad Q9505.It has 4 cores and 4 threads, but task manager only shows half of those.It says 2 cores instead of 4 and 2 logical processors instead of 4.I need help on how to fix this....
  6. Task Manager is only showing only half of my cores and logical processors.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager is only showing only half of my cores and logical processors.: HiI just upgraded my CPU from an Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 to an Intel Core 2 Quad Q9505.It has 4 cores and 4 threads, but task manager only shows half of those.It says 2 cores instead of 4 and 2 logical processors instead of 4.I need help on how to fix this....
  7. Task Manager is only showing only half of my cores and logical processors.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Task Manager is only showing only half of my cores and logical processors.

Task Manager is only showing only half of my cores and logical processors.: Hi, I just upgraded my CPU from an Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 to an Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400. It has 4 cores and 4 threads, but task manager only shows half of those. It says 2 cores instead of 4 and 2 logical processors instead of 4. I need help on how to fix this.I also checked...
  9. Task manager only shows 2 cores of my processor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task manager only shows 2 cores of my processor: I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I have recently installed an I5-9400F processor which is supposed to have 6 cores, yet I see only 2 in the performance tab in task manager. I tried with msconfig, and I also tried reinstalling chipset drivers, but I didn't...
  10. Number of processes core showing on task manager is wrong

Number of processes core showing on task manager is wrong: The task manager showing only one Processor Core while Device manager shows 4 No of Core. the print screen attached.... [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/number-of-processes-core-showing-on-task-manager/5d5d3eea-aa7d-4bdd-b692-57fe94a1fe66