Windows 10: Same old problem - files chrevert to "read only" and won't change back

Discus and support Same old problem - files chrevert to "read only" and won't change back in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Having searched these forums, to the best of my limited ability, I can see this is a topic that has regularly surfaced over the years. I found many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dogfonos, Oct 27, 2020.

1. dogfonos Win User

Same old problem - files chrevert to "read only" and won't change back

Having searched these forums, to the best of my limited ability, I can see this is a topic that has regularly surfaced over the years. I found many instances of this issue and many, many suggested fixes. However, the fixes I've tried haven't worked for me.

Question is: after years of this problem surfacing, is there now a definitive solution and if so, would someone kindly provide a link.

:)

dogfonos, Oct 27, 2020

2. my n97 won t charge or connect

when i put a usb on my n97 it won t charge when i put on the computer it won t say nokia pc suite or else it not reading the usb cannot work on my phone plz hel

karim71---01, Oct 27, 2020
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

4. Same old problem - files chrevert to "read only" and won't change back

Asus Transformer t100ta won´t turn on Win10

Yesterday was reading on it. All of a sudden turned off and now it won´t turn on

GabrielaAraya, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

Same old problem - files chrevert to "read only" and won't change back

1. Same old problem - files chrevert to "read only" and won't change back - Similar Threads - Same old problem

2. read only change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    read only change: how to fix the stubborn read-only status ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/read-only-change/f469db65-bc46-4459-8935-8505d683998e
  3. read only change

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    read only change: how to fix the stubborn read-only status ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/read-only-change/f469db65-bc46-4459-8935-8505d683998e
  4. read only change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Read-only reverts back problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Read-only reverts back problem: Read-only reverts back problem what, I have right now currently. I've tried to seek help but all the solutions for this problem did not work unfortunately. I had a problem called Attribute changer but, I've ran the program before the problem, so that shouldn't be the seed of...
  6. After I updated, all my files became Read-Only and won't change back.

After I updated, all my files became Read-Only and won't change back.: I'm on Windows 10 home version 1909 build 18363.959 64-bit. I was trying to use my camera when it gave me an error code 0x80270200. I looked it up and found that my photo files were read only. I changed them back but they revert to read only no matter what I do. So I...
  7. Folders changed to read only and revert if I change it back.

Folders changed to read only and revert if I change it back.: I was offline for a couple days after moving. After a restart I noticed I couldn't write to a folder in appdata that a program usually does. I also became unable to play State of Decay 2 which requires a microsoft/xbox account. I had been playing it earlier that day while...
  8. Documents won't change from Read Only

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Documents won't change from Read Only: I did a fresh installation of Windows 10 a week ago. Didn't back up anything either so everything is fresh. But I'm having an issue. I'm trying to uncheck Read-Only for files in Documents. It seemingly accepts, but checking the files shows that they are still set to...
  9. Can't change a file to read only

Can't change a file to read only: Hi, I was trying to set a file to read only but I keep getting an access is denied message, I've looked online for solutions but can't seem to find one that works. [ATTACH] This is the message I keep receiving, my account is set to administrator so not really sure what to...
  10. Read only problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Read only problem: I just bought a new 1 terabyte external hard drive and for some reason when I try to make a new folder it say it's read only, and then when I right click on the drive (Which is my D drive) it says that it's read only. I really need help with this, is there any way I can get...