Windows 10: Same problems with Windows Defender Verification and Scan Tasks

Discus and support Same problems with Windows Defender Verification and Scan Tasks in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Myself and others have posted about the problems with Windows Defender Verification and Scan Scheduled Tasks and nothing has been done about it. Tried... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mcd73165, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Mcd73165 Win User

Same problems with Windows Defender Verification and Scan Tasks

Myself and others have posted about the problems with Windows Defender Verification and Scan Scheduled Tasks and nothing has been done about it. Tried using Feedback Hub to contact MS about it but have never gotten a response. The Verification Task creates a Windows Module Restore Point every time it runs. The Scan Task always returns a result of (0x2). A Scan Task can be created that works perfectly which myself and others have done. The only good way to handle the Verification Task is to Disable the task. Others have Disabled System Restore as a workaround which in my opinion is not the way to go! The Scan Task problem has existed for more than 2 years and the Verification Task problem started between the last day of July 2018 and August 1st 2018. There has been 2 or 3 Windows Defender Platform updates since then but issue(s) have not been addressed. I'm aware that MS has been improving on Windows Defender with sandboxing and so on but they either don't want to or don't care about correcting these issues. Creating System Restore points everytime the WD Verification Task runs makes no sense. I like and use WD on 2 machines and it seems to work well with the exception of these 2 issues.

:)

Mcd73165, Nov 3, 2018

2. defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Nov 3, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Defender - How to make it default to task bar?

Using Windows 10 and currently I am using Defender for anti virus. For whatever reason Windows Defender does not show up in the task bar unless I search for the program or right click and scan a file/folder. Is there a way to force Defender to show up in the task bar at start up?

Flogger23m, Nov 3, 2018
  4. mwidunn Win User

How do I get Windows Defender Scheduled Scan back in Task Scheduler?

How do I get Windows Defender Scheduled Scan back in Task Scheduler?

I go: Schedule tasks > Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows > Windows Defender.

I had been messing around with the scheduler trying to make it work properly. Unfortunately, in the process I believe that I deleted the whole task (when I thought I was just deleting its properties and triggers).

Is there any way to get Windows Defender Scheduled Scan back in the list of tasks?

Thanks!

mwidunn, Nov 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Same problems with Windows Defender Verification and Scan Tasks - Similar Threads - Same problems Defender

2. SETTING UP WINDOWS DEFENDER SCAN IN TASK SCHEDULER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SETTING UP WINDOWS DEFENDER SCAN IN TASK SCHEDULER: I am attempting to set up a scheduled daily scan in Windows Defender using Task Scheduler. I am following steps outlined as follows:Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows > Windows Defender. At this point, there is no option or listing of "windows defender scheduled...
  3. SETTING UP WINDOWS DEFENDER SCAN IN TASK SCHEDULER

in Windows 10 Customization
    SETTING UP WINDOWS DEFENDER SCAN IN TASK SCHEDULER: I am attempting to set up a scheduled daily scan in Windows Defender using Task Scheduler. I am following steps outlined as follows:Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows > Windows Defender. At this point, there is no option or listing of "windows defender scheduled...
  4. defender quick scan problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    defender quick scan problem: When I open Virus & threat protection it says a quick scan is due so I click on the icon and get a red ball with a white x through it and these 5 blue pips that continuously recycle. My tablet is just a couple of weeks old and I have no other security software on it - just...
  5. defender quick scan problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    defender quick scan problem: When I open Virus & threat protection it says a quick scan is due so I click on the icon and get a red ball with a white x through it and these 5 blue pips that continuously recycle. My tablet is just a couple of weeks old and I have no other security software on it - just...
  6. Windows Defender Full Scan Problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Full Scan Problem: HI,When I try to full scan using defender it always stuck at 50%. Today I clean install windows 11 No other software or files , still same...the problem is only with FULL scanMy laptop spec - I3 10 Gen, 256NVME, 8gb RAM.Thanx.......
  7. Problem running scan in Windows Defender

Problem running scan in Windows Defender: I an unable to run a scan. It gets to 50000+ approx3.5 mins in then freezes. Why? [Original Title: windows defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/problem-running-scan-in-windows-defender/b4c29982-6e4a-4398-8fc7-daac3e00542d
  8. Problem with Scanning in Windows Defender

Problem with Scanning in Windows Defender: Split from this thread. windows defenders is not working any scan are did not scan file how to fix it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/problem-with-scanning-in-windows-defender/a682fad4-633b-469d-b031-b5ea879a1590
  9. Problem with Windows Defender Scan

Problem with Windows Defender Scan: Defender won't scan how do I fix [Original Title: Defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning-windows_10/problem-with-windows-defender-scan/36771d59-9e7e-453c-b3c1-c40bb76d150b
  10. Build 10074 Windows Defender scheduled task scans ?

Build 10074 Windows Defender scheduled task scans ?: I installed Build 10074 as a clean install in a VM. I see Windows Defender running a quick scan MANY times per day. I would prefer it run a quick scan once a week. I disabled the built in Windows Defender Scheduled Scan scheduled task. Windows re-enabled the task, and...