Windows 10: Same Product IDs, Different Keys

Discus and support Same Product IDs, Different Keys in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, We have two Lenovo P330 Windows 10 Pro boxes with embedded keys. After setting up one of the units, we decided to clone it to the other new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mechya, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Mechya Win User

Same Product IDs, Different Keys

Hello,

We have two Lenovo P330 Windows 10 Pro boxes with embedded keys. After setting up one of the units, we decided to clone it to the other new PC.

The activation worked without issues, and I'm seeing the proper keys, but the product IDs are matching. This is causing some software to see these computers as the same units. Is there any way that I can force one to pickup a different ID?

This is my first post on this forum, so let me know if I'm missing details. Any thoughts or advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

:)

Mechya, Jul 29, 2020
  2. One4ever Win User

Same product key but different ids

Hi my friends

Myfriend and I have upgraded windows from WIN 8.1 to 10

but suddenly I saw our last block of the windows Product key. both of us have same product key but different IDs.

Is this Possible?

Please Help

what does this means?

Thanks a lot

One4ever, Jul 29, 2020
  3. maranna Win User
    product key/id

Is the product key different from the product id?
    I have a 25 character key for windows and on the profile page it says product id with a different number. Then on the right it says change product key. This confusing.to me. Could you please explain in case I have to reinstall.

maranna, Jul 29, 2020
  4. Same Product IDs, Different Keys

Product ID

Hi Russell,

We appreciate the information you've provided regarding the product ID. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you do the following steps:

• Click on Start and type: Command Prompt.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey.
    • Press Enter. That should give you the product key to type in the activation.
    Get back to us if you need further assistance.

PreciousLeb, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

Same Product IDs, Different Keys

1. Same Product IDs, Different Keys - Similar Threads - Same Product IDs

2. Regarding the Product ID and Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regarding the Product ID and Product Key: Sir i have lost my product key details and unfortunately i have also downloaded the fake windows can I get it back as my on my registerd email.i will be very thankfukl for this thankimg you...
  3. Regarding the Product ID and Product Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regarding the Product ID and Product Key: Sir i have lost my product key details and unfortunately i have also downloaded the fake windows can I get it back as my on my registerd email.i will be very thankfukl for this thankimg you...
  4. Product ID changed after entering the same windows 10 product key twice on the same computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Product ID changed after entering the same windows 10 product key twice on the same computer: Hi,My product ID changed after entering the same product Key which is XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-3V66T on the same PC. So is there any way to get my Product ID back?...
  5. Product ID changed after entering the same Product key in the same PC

Product ID changed after entering the same Product key in the same PC: Hi,My product ID changed after entering the same product Key which is XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-3V66T on the same PC. So is there any way to get my Product ID back?...
  6. Different Product Keys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Different Product Keys: So I was going to reinstall windows, and decided to get my product key. I got this pc from someone with w10 pro already installed. I go to cmd, and type the text that displays the key, and I get a key. Just to make sure, I do the notepad.vbs script and I get a different key....
  7. different product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    different product key: I can not activate windows 10. 0x8007007B error in my display. please give me different product key. please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/different-product-key/706a4405-de9e-4c92-9312-875c8ed0a859
  8. Different Product Keys

Different Product Keys: I am trying to determine the product key for system incase I need to reinstall windows. I have a windows 10 install along with a product key I used to activate windows. However when I run this command in powershell "wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get...
  9. product key/id

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    product key/id: Is the product key different from the product id? I have a 25 character key for windows and on the profile page it says product id with a different number. Then on the right it says change product key. This confusing.to me. Could you please explain in case I have to...
  10. Different Product Keys?

Different Product Keys?: Would appreciate your help. *Smile Have an Acer with a COA showing the product key for Windows 7. Ran Belarc Advisor, and it shows a different Product key for Windows 7. Any clues as to why he PKs do not match? Also, planning to install Windows 10 Home, and...