Windows 10: Same router gives two different subnet ip's. What gives?

Discus and support Same router gives two different subnet ip's. What gives? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have the following setup: two computers, in different parts of the house, are connected to the same router. One of them answers to ipconfig as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MihneaD, Mar 4, 2019.

1. MihneaD Win User

Same router gives two different subnet ip's. What gives?

Hi, I have the following setup: two computers, in different parts of the house, are connected to the same router. One of them answers to ipconfig as 192.168.1.XXX, while the other as 192.168.0.XXX.

The router's DHCP list is .0.100-.0.199

Same router gives two different subnet ip's. What gives? 82e9a171-8c2e-431d-bfed-11736418da2d?upload=true.png

For the life of me I can't figure out what's going on. The general setup is:

A modem that connects to the internet, DHCP range 192.168.100.2-99.

A router is connected to one of its ports and has a DHCP range 192.168.0.100-199, then blasts out wireless and wired internet.

Both computers are connected to the second one. Both computers have access to the internet, but one of them is on a completely different subnet (if that's what it's called). How is that possible? Is it hardware? The older one is on the 1.XXX subnet.

Thank you!

:)

MihneaD, Mar 4, 2019
  2. brainiii Win User

IP camera issue with wireless Access Point

well I connected the second router as you said, indeed it stayed on the same subnet, but wouldn't give ip address to the camera, not in router or in AP mode.
    However, I managed to solve the problem even with 2 subnets.
    On the primary router, I port forwaded port 80 to the ip address of the secondary router.
    On the secondary router, I port forwaded port 80 to the ip address of the ip camera.

Now I can access the ip camera from the mobile app AND from any pc/browser externally.

solved, thanks for the suggestions

brainiii, Mar 4, 2019
  3. Slyrfecso Win User
    N82 Wlan - manual IP to router?

I need help for my N82.

I changed my router:

- no DHCP

- mac address filter

- wpa2

- manual roter IP address (192.168.2.1)

If I will connect with my mobile, than I can't, because I can't change IP.

I need, how can I give manual IP and gateway IP in mobile!

I tried with DHCP nothing happend.

I will give:

- my ip: 192.168.1.105

- subnet mask: 255.255.255.0

- gateway: 192.168.2.1

- DNS: 192.168.2.1

Any idea?

Slyrfecso, Mar 4, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

Splitting IPs

everything the router forwards is on a different IP subnet, and therefore cannot communicate with the direct IP system.

I seriously suggest you to just buy a good all in one router (modem, router, wireless AP) and then connect that up to a switch (8+ ports by the sound of your network). Its simple, its effective, and it will fix your problems.

Mussels, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Same router gives two different subnet ip's. What gives? - Similar Threads - Same router different

2. Windows giving two different sign in prompts for same task

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows giving two different sign in prompts for same task: So, I have a strange issue where I have a user that is attempting to log into a Windows 365 VM using a local account that they made on the VM. In order to log in, you have to use the web browser or the Microsoft RDP client. We can verify that using the web browser, they can...
  3. Windows giving two different sign in prompts for same task

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows giving two different sign in prompts for same task: So, I have a strange issue where I have a user that is attempting to log into a Windows 365 VM using a local account that they made on the VM. In order to log in, you have to use the web browser or the Microsoft RDP client. We can verify that using the web browser, they can...
  4. Windows giving two different sign in prompts for same task

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Active Directory DNS - Queries from different IP subnet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Active Directory DNS - Queries from different IP subnet.: Hi, I have an active directory 172.16.44.0/23 with the DNS service active DNS 172.16.45.254, which works without problems, however if I create a new zone and try to resolve from another subnet 192.168.0.0/23 the error Non-Existen domain does not work. Using the same equipment...
  6. Two different IP addresses....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two different IP addresses....: Is it possible to have two different IP addresses?I logged into my Security account, I checked Verify Activity and I see now a different IP address.Is it possible someone hack my account?Thanks,...
  7. Two different IP addresses....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two different IP addresses....: Is it possible to have two different IP addresses?I logged into my Security account, I checked Verify Activity and I see now a different IP address.Is it possible someone hack my account?Thanks,...
  8. Two different IP addresses....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Windows showing two different wifi connection for the same router.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows showing two different wifi connection for the same router.: [ATTACH] I switched off the router to see whether both the connections goes of and it did. So which means for the same router windows is showing two connection and I can connect to both the connection. The strange part this doesn't show up in my android phone....
  10. Run the same app twice, but on two different IPs?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Run the same app twice, but on two different IPs?: Hey, I have an app that I need to run in parallel, but I can't change the app's port. So I basically need to run the same app (from the same machine) on different IPs in order to allow clients to connect to each instance on different IPs. So is there any way to run an app...