Windows 10: Same screensaver on multiple computers

Discus and support Same screensaver on multiple computers in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; We already had a laptop with Windows 10, and I recently bought a second computer also with Windows 10. After powering up the new one several times I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FredrickWeissflach, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Same screensaver on multiple computers

We already had a laptop with Windows 10, and I recently bought a second computer also with Windows 10. After powering up the new one several times I noticed that it had somehow adopted the same screensaver as the laptop had, presumably through the internet or at least locally through wifi. How do I make the computers work independently of each other? I really hate how over-integrated this system is! I dont want either computer to undergo and changes made on the other one. Can I turn off this feature?

:)

FredrickWeissflach, Jan 28, 2019
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Same screensaver on multiple computers :)

terrace, Jan 28, 2019
  3. Setting Picture Screensaver for Multiple Screens

Hi Daryan,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I like to know; are you using any third-party screensaver?

If yes I suggest you to change the screensaver to Windows default screensavers and check if it helps.

To set the Screensaver on the extended display, follow the below steps:

Step 1: Right-click on a blank area of your desktop and select “Personalize.”

Step 2: Click “Screen Saver” at the bottom-right corner of the window.

Step 3: Select the desired screen saver from the drop-down menu and indicate a “wait” time in minutes. The screensaver will come on automatically after the computer has been idle for that period of time.

Step 4: Check the “On resume, display logon screen” for added security, if desired. This feature requires you to enter your password when resuming your Windows session.

Step 5: Click “Apply” and then “OK.”

Step 6: Click on the “Display” link at the bottom left.

Step 7: Click “Adjust Resolution” on the left.

Step 8: Choose “Extend these displays” from the Multiple Displays drop-down menu if you’d like a single screensaver to travel across both displays. Click “Duplicate these displays” if you want a duplicated screen
    saver to display on each monitor.

Step 9: Click “OK.”

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jan 28, 2019
  4. Rose Ter Win User

Same screensaver on multiple computers

Screensaver frozen

Hi Jeana,

There are multiple factors that we can consider why you're screensaver froze after the Windows 10 update.
    For us to isolate the issue, we will need to ask you a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • Any other troubleshooting steps that you have tried so far aside from the ones that you've mentioned?
    • Can you possibly send us a screenshot?

Regards.

Rose Ter, Jan 28, 2019
Thema:

Same screensaver on multiple computers

1. Same screensaver on multiple computers - Similar Threads - Same screensaver multiple

2. Locked Computer and Screensaver

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked Computer and Screensaver: I accidentally locked the wrong computer, I locked my desktop. Also deleted it from MS 365 account. My desktop has a screensaver protected by a PIN. I can't get past the PIN because the computer is locked. I have rebooted several times, unplugged it twice. Is there a way to...
  3. Locked Computer and Screensaver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked Computer and Screensaver: I accidentally locked the wrong computer, I locked my desktop. Also deleted it from MS 365 account. My desktop has a screensaver protected by a PIN. I can't get past the PIN because the computer is locked. I have rebooted several times, unplugged it twice. Is there a way to...
  4. Locked Computer and Screensaver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Install same software on multiple computers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install same software on multiple computers: Is there any way that I can install the same software and apps on several Win 10 computers without having to download it for each and every computer? It is very costly on data to download the same thing over and over again. Can't I download it just once to a .exe file and...
  6. Log in with multiple users on the same computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Log in with multiple users on the same computer: There are three users on my computer, one admin & the other two standard users (no admin privilege). When one user logs on and then logs off of, a message appears "another user is logged on ….. data will be lost. The other user did not log on, so how did that other user...
  7. Multiple windows on same PC with same license?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Multiple windows on same PC with same license?: I need to use the same license on the same pc, as I need to have multiple versions on windows running on the same computer. Say one installed normally then multiple virtual machines running on the same pc. Do I have to purchase multiple licenses or is it possible I use...
  8. multiple computers with same MS account log in a problem?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    multiple computers with same MS account log in a problem?: Is it OK to have 2 or 3 computers with the same xxxx.outlook .com log in credentials? Would it confuse matters for example computer #1 runs on Windows 10 Home with Office 2013 Home and Business and computer #2 has Windows 10 Pro with Office 2013 Home and Student? Would it be...
  9. Windows 10 screensaver with multiple folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 screensaver with multiple folders: When I select a specific folder within “Pictures” - screensaver goes through and displays the photos in that specific folder. However when I select the folder Pictures (which contains 100s of folders) – it stays on the 1st picture and doesn’t go thorough that folder or any...
  10. Can I have multiple cards and multiple displays on the same computer?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can I have multiple cards and multiple displays on the same computer?: A friend gave me a 22" monitor that has only VGA and DVI inputs. My main monitor has only DVI and HDMI. I currently am using DVI for my main monitor and HDMI for a HDMI-only second monitor (actually a cheap lo-res small TV). My main monitor doesn't accept HDMI and my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. screen saver for multiple systems

2. screensaver in multiple computers

3. screensavers for multiple