Windows 10: Same Updates 3 Days Running

Discus and support Same Updates 3 Days Running in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; 2nd system is about a week old and for 3 consecutive days the same 388 updates keep showing up in the reliability monitor. Whats up with that? [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SoFine409, Jul 28, 2020.

1. SoFine409 Win User

Same Updates 3 Days Running

2nd system is about a week old and for 3 consecutive days the same 388 updates keep showing up in the reliability monitor. Whats up with that?

Same Updates 3 Days Running [​IMG]

Here is the update history:

Same Updates 3 Days Running [​IMG]

SFC comes back OK and I've run Checkdisk with no errors. As fgar as I can tel there are no problems with the PC but I've never see this kind of constant updating before. Any thoughts?

:)

SoFine409, Jul 28, 2020
  2. Pavan_N Win User

No keyboard, no mouse 3 days after updating to Win10

Hi,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Please answer this question to assist you better.

• Are you able to boot to desktop?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Are you able to use the external keyboard and mouse?

If yes follow the Methods below.

Method 1: Running the troubleshooter will help in detecting and identifying the issue and in certain cases will fix to enhance the performance of the system.
    I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type troubleshooter and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View all from left side panel of the screen.
    • Select Hardware and Devices, click on Advanced
      option and check Apply repairs automatically option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooter to complete.
    • Check for the errors displayed , close the troubleshooter window and check if the changes are effective.

Method 2: If the issue persists, update the device driver from Device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Window logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Device manager
      from the context menu.
    • Expand Keyboard option to update keyboard drivers and
      Mice and other pointing devices
      for mouse drivers.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update this software option from the context menu.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction and wait for the update to complete.
    • After the update is complete, check if the changes are effective.

Method 3: If the issue persists, I suggest you to download and install the latest and most compatible Keyboard and mouse device drivers for Windows 10 operating system form the manufacturer’s website and check if the issue
    is resolved.

Do let us know the status of the issue. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jul 28, 2020
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Update installs same files each day.

Hi Glen,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with installing a Windows Update as the update is repeatedly offered. I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. Incorrect Windows Update settings.

2. Corrupt Windows Update components.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to run “Windows Update troubleshooter” to diagnose the exact issue.

a. Press Windows key on the keyboard.

b. Type Troubleshooting in the search box.

c. Select View all option from the left panel.

d. Then select “Windows Update” option from the list and follow the onscreen instructions.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to try the steps under the section
    Manually reset Windows Update components and check if it helps.
    Resetting Windows Update Components will fix corrupt Windows Update Components.

How do I reset Windows Update components?

Windows Update - Additional resources - Windows Deployment

Warning:

1. Applies to Windows 10.

2. Please avoid running Fixit’s and Step 11 in this article, as it does not applies to Windows 10.

3. This section, method, or task contains steps that tells you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully.
    For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the
    Microsoft Knowledge Base:

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jul 28, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Same Updates 3 Days Running :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Same Updates 3 Days Running - Similar Threads - Same Updates Days

2. Antimalware Service Executable running for 3 days and using RAM

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Antimalware Service Executable running for 3 days and using RAM: Something is making my PC weird, and my games are currently playing laggy when they never have done before (Witcher 3 in particular). I've updated Win10, updated my drivers, and double checked everything is in order which it seems to be. It's obviously to do with Windows...
  3. Windows 10 update stuck 3 days

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update stuck 3 days: [IMG] Its been doing this for 3 going on 4 days. I let the laptop die and turned it on and off 3 times for the safe reset but nothing works. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-stuck-3-days/ad46a90b-2a0f-4ea3-83f2-ab7bf6f896a4
  4. Same Updates 3 Days Running

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Same Updates 3 Days Running: 2nd system is about a week old and for 3 consecutive days the same 388 updates keep showing up in the reliability monitor. Whats up with that? [img] Here is the update history: [img] SFC comes back OK and I've run Checkdisk with no errors. As far as I can tell there are...
  5. Been having the same blue screen two times in 3 days, and it's getting annoying. I updated...

Been having the same blue screen two times in 3 days, and it's getting annoying. I updated...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Graphiiczz677 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gx8vqj/been_having_the_same_blue_screen_two_times_in_3/
  6. what the hell is this thing? it "runs" every day at 3 am!

what the hell is this thing? it "runs" every day at 3 am!: https://i.imgur.com/nqqZBUy.png for the past few weeks it pops up at 3 am every morning, crashing my full screen game and then vanishes. today I played a different game so I could do a screen grab of it. that's all it does. no text, no action, just that blank CMD window...
  7. Microsoft App Store Showing Same 9 Updates Day After Day

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft App Store Showing Same 9 Updates Day After Day: Hi Guys, As the subject title states, the app store updates shows that we're all up to date, but lists 9 apps being out of date. These 9 apps can be updated, but then require updating again approximately 24 hours later. This has been going on for a few weeks. Is there a...
  8. Avira fail to update for days and days. Same report. How to resolve ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Avira fail to update for days and days. Same report. How to resolve ?: I have noticed for days and days my Avira it's not updated................ it's obtain ever same report and on log event's this is this errors for about two months. I have tryed to press on manual update and it's report this errors after about 30/40 seconds: Code: Avira...
  9. Why two updates in the same day ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why two updates in the same day ?: I was on 1903-18334.19H1. This morning at 8:00 am I received 1903-18343.19H1 through WU. At 10:00 PM I received 1903- 18346. 19H1. Why would I get two updates the same day. I am an insider on the fast build option but I never received two updates the same day before. Has this...
  10. 3 BSOD's in the last 3 days

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    3 BSOD's in the last 3 days: Hello, I've been getting BSOD's every day since 3 days ago. The first one had the "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT" error, as well as the third one. The second one was the "IRQL_unexpected_variable" error. According to BlueScreenView, the 1st and 3rd BSOD's were caused by Ntoskrnl.exe, and...