Windows 10: Same view on all folders not working

Discus and support Same view on all folders not working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've tried to apply my prefered view (List) to all folders, but it doesn't always work. For example, when I want to save or attach, I see more details... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Abi8220, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Abi8220 Win User

Same view on all folders not working

I've tried to apply my prefered view (List) to all folders, but it doesn't always work. For example, when I want to save or attach, I see more details than List, and change every so often. Is there another way of applying preferences?

:)

Abi8220, Dec 17, 2019
  2. mrgeek Win User

Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Jan 7, 2020
  3. Custom Folder view for new folders registery hack ?

Te new folder has default view of LIST

I want DETAILS

When making new system ... it's a pain in ass changing always.

RuskiSnajper, Jan 7, 2020
  4. TomStrong Win User

Folder view issue

I want my folders (and subfolders) to stay in List view but they keep changing to Details view.

I have tried View>Options>Apply to Folders many times but it doesn't stick.

Any suggestions?

TomStrong, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Same view on all folders not working - Similar Threads - Same view folders

2. How to set All folders to open with the same view

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to set All folders to open with the same view: I asked this question about a year ago and some kind soul sent me a link to an app that allowed me to set view preferences for all folders permanently. Unfortunately the app has gone missing. I would appreciate any assistance.Thank you....
  3. How to set All folders to open with the same view

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set All folders to open with the same view: I asked this question about a year ago and some kind soul sent me a link to an app that allowed me to set view preferences for all folders permanently. Unfortunately the app has gone missing. I would appreciate any assistance.Thank you....
  4. How to set All folders to open with the same view

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Viewing all folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Viewing all folders: How do I view all folders on the left hand side using Version 16005.14326.20970.0?Also, how I can get the folder list to stay on the left so I can still see my reading pane?...
  6. Viewing all folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Viewing all folders: How do I view all folders on the left hand side using Version 16005.14326.20970.0?Also, how I can get the folder list to stay on the left so I can still see my reading pane?...
  7. Viewing all folders

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Office 365 - How to change file folder view for all folders at same time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Office 365 - How to change file folder view for all folders at same time: I'm trying to set view options for all folders in one location. All I can find under the view tab are the following: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  9. File Explorer same view for all files

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer same view for all files: I want File Explore to show all files in list view. 64653
  10. Apply Folder View to All Folders of Same Type in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Apply Folder View to All Folders of Same Type in Windows 10: How to: Apply Folder View to All Folders of Same Type in Windows 10 How to Apply a Folder's View to All Folders of Same Template Type in Windows 10 While browsing folders in File Explorer, you can apply the view settings of the current folder to all folders on your PC...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. apply same folder view to all folders doesnt work