Windows 10: sample rate for wav files not listed in properties

Discus and support sample rate for wav files not listed in properties in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I'm trying to find a quick and easy way of finding the sample rate for any wav file. When I google the question, all the answer point to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GrahamKC, Aug 8, 2020.

1. GrahamKC Win User

sample rate for wav files not listed in properties

Hello, I'm trying to find a quick and easy way of finding the sample rate for any wav file. When I google the question, all the answer point to file>properties>details. The problem is the sample rate is not shown. Only the bit rate is shown. There must be a way to customize what metadata I can see? Why does sample rate seem to show for everyone else, but not me?

:)

GrahamKC, Aug 8, 2020

2. WAV Playback at 44.1 kHz sampling rate on N91 (or similar)?

hello everybody,

CAN ANYONE HELP ME FIND OUT, WETHER N91 (or similar) CAN PLAY WAV FILES @ 44.1 kHz sampling rate (CD-quality)!?

previous attempts with sony-ericsson have been disappointing, even though their tech specs indicate, that the phones can play WAV files, in reality CD-quality WAV with a sampling rate of 44.1 kHz does not work.

NOKIA also writes in the tech specs of their nseries homepage, that many N series phones are able to play WAV -- but no further details.

Thank you very much in advance,

Michael

PS: Please do not offer any workarounds with MP3 or AAC or other compression formats, in my specific respect CD-quality is essential.

mschindler---01, Aug 8, 2020
  3. WAV music won't play in Xbox Music app. but it plays in Files app.

I'm having the same issues on my Lumia 820. The WMA files show up fine and play fine but the xbox music app doesn't even recognize the WAV files, but I'm able to play them in the files app. If you check the official format support, WAV is very much listed
    there with sample rate upto 96KHz at bit depth of 16 bits and bitrate upto 1500bps. I seriously hate this....

AviralSingh, Aug 8, 2020
  4. gdrago Win User

Speaker default sample rate not changeable to 44.1 kHz

I recently purchased a piece of drumming software called Aerodrums that needs to enable a windows feature called WASAPI to reduce latency issues. The Aerodrums troubleshooting says the following:

''On Windows, it is also important that an appropriate low latency audio device is selected on the Latency screen. We highly recommend you use the Exclusive WASAPI option for the best experience. If this option is not available on the Latency screen, you will need to enable it as follows:

1. Go to Windows Control Panel –> Sound –> Playback tab
    2. Select the audio playback device that you are currently using and then go to Properties -> Advanced tab
    3. In the Default Format drop down menu, select a format with a 44100Hz rate. This is required for Shared WASAPI.
    4. In the Exclusive Mode section, tick both checkboxes.''
    When I go to control panel -> sound -> playback devices -> properties -> advanced -> default format, there's a drop down menu listing different sample rates. However there is no 44100Hz rate available for selection. How can I fix this? Or might there be another way to enable WASAPI?

gdrago, Aug 8, 2020
Thema:

1. sample rate for wav files not listed in properties - Similar Threads - sample rate wav

2. Removing unwanted .wav file properties

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Removing unwanted .wav file properties: I went on line and asked how, the answers are all the same but don't apply somehow... again.I recently bought a car with a CD player and decided to burn a custom CD for it. What can I say... I'm old.I followed all the instructions.Here's the problem, when I drag and drop a...
  3. Removing unwanted .wav file properties

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing unwanted .wav file properties: I went on line and asked how, the answers are all the same but don't apply somehow... again.I recently bought a car with a CD player and decided to burn a custom CD for it. What can I say... I'm old.I followed all the instructions.Here's the problem, when I drag and drop a...
  4. Removing unwanted .wav file properties

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Sample rate

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sample rate: Ok so I am trying to use voice mod a very good voice changer and it is telling me my beat solo 3's sample rate is too low so I go and try and fix it but it won't let me click on the drop-down menu to change it if you could help that would be greatly appreciated!...
  6. Sample Rate on Microphone

Sample Rate on Microphone: So a few months ago when I got my new headset I optimized the sample rate to be higher. But then someone unplugged my headphones and when I went to plug them back and optimize the microphone again the sample rate was somewhat lower and the max I could go was DVD quality when...
  7. Audio Sample Rate

Audio Sample Rate: how do I change the audio sample rate of a video? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-sample-rate/aba0eb8e-939e-471e-ae1e-77dfaf5dc1f3
  8. Microphone sample rate

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone sample rate: I don't know why after update i have only 44100 and 48000hz. Before i had 192000hz and it vanished. It sucks because i have pretty good microphone, but because of 48000 sample rate the quality is poor. Thx for help...
  9. Usb sampling rate

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usb sampling rate: I use an audio device via a USB cable to enable a high sampling rate. I change this to 24 bit 192kbit. The problem is that every time I switch the audio device off and later back on, the sampling rate falls back to the default. Can I change this default setting? is this...
  10. Microphone Sample Rate

Microphone Sample Rate: when i change my mic sample rate in the settings it always goes back to DVD quality instead of Studio quality. Why does it do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/microphone-sample-rate/50f5819d-41df-4300-a274-456979f4769b