Windows 10: Sample rate sound card issues

Discus and support Sample rate sound card issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hoping someone can help me love my soundcard and not wanting to replace. Im using Logitech z-5500 5.1 speakers so need onboard dts/dolby encoding. Im... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Urbwolf, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Urbwolf Win User

Sample rate sound card issues

Hoping someone can help me love my soundcard and not wanting to replace. Im using Logitech z-5500 5.1 speakers so need onboard dts/dolby encoding. Im using a Creative xfi fatality pro with updated to latest drivers after many times completely wiping driver. My issue is about 30 times a day i start getting static from the speakers and the only thing that helps it is going into speakers properties and changing the sample rate. It doesnt matter what i use, anything from 16 bit 44100 hz to 32 bit 96000 hz the issue still persists.

:)

Urbwolf, Apr 15, 2020
  2. Urbwolf Win User

Im looking for a internal card with dolby/dts encoding. I got the drivers from creative website dated june 24th 2019. I checked the speakers. I have logitech z906 on another system and have the same issue. Tried the z5500 on other system and no problems.
    Ive tried every sampling rate on the list and still have the problem.

Urbwolf, Apr 15, 2020
  3. sygnus21 Win User

One the X-Fi card is old. I had both the Xtreme Gamer (07) and the X-Fi Titanium (09) both are buried in my garage. That said Creative never was known to support their old cards past their shelf life; an issue many (me included) had with Creative.

With that, where are you getting the drivers from?

Also, have you looked at the possibility the speakers themselves could be a problem?

Almost forgot, have you tried a sampling rate of 16-bit, 44100K?

sygnus21, Apr 15, 2020
  4. sygnus21 Win User

Outside of those questions I asked, I've no other suggestions at the moment. That said, you might visit overclock.net's audio forum - Sound Cards and Computer Audio - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community and see what they have to say.

I don't remember where I saw it, but somebody was making customized drivers for those old cards. That forum would be a good place to start.

sygnus21, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Sample rate sound card issues - Similar Threads - Sample rate sound

2. Sample rate

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sample rate: Ok so I am trying to use voice mod a very good voice changer and it is telling me my beat solo 3's sample rate is too low so I go and try and fix it but it won't let me click on the drop-down menu to change it if you could help that would be greatly appreciated!...
  3. Sample Rate Not Available

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sample Rate Not Available: Hi there, I have had problems with being able to change the sample rate of my playback engine for my windows 10 device. The Default speakers allow me to have the 24/48khz, however, it does not allow me to change those settings with my audio interface I have gone into the...
  4. Sample Rate on Microphone

Sample Rate on Microphone: So a few months ago when I got my new headset I optimized the sample rate to be higher. But then someone unplugged my headphones and when I went to plug them back and optimize the microphone again the sample rate was somewhat lower and the max I could go was DVD quality when...
  5. I need to be able to change the Sample Rate and Bit Rate in Sound Setting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I need to be able to change the Sample Rate and Bit Rate in Sound Setting: I need to be able to change the Sample Rate and Bit Rate in Sound Setting so here is my situation as I know most people ask for it. I am on an Asus Q304UA and I am on Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 OS Version:10.0.19041 N/A Build 19041. And I need to able to change the sample...
  6. Sample Rate and Bit Depth Issues

Sample Rate and Bit Depth Issues: First of all, I want to say what this discussion is about. ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING that has a problem with sample rate and bit depth for Windows 10. My intent with this discussion is to create a place for people to resolve most of the common issues with this setting. What...
  7. Audio Sample Rate

Audio Sample Rate: how do I change the audio sample rate of a video? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-sample-rate/aba0eb8e-939e-471e-ae1e-77dfaf5dc1f3
  8. Microphone sample rate

Microphone sample rate: I don't know why after update i have only 44100 and 48000hz. Before i had 192000hz and it vanished. It sucks because i have pretty good microphone, but because of 48000 sample rate the quality is poor. Thx for help...
  9. Usb sampling rate

Usb sampling rate: I use an audio device via a USB cable to enable a high sampling rate. I change this to 24 bit 192kbit. The problem is that every time I switch the audio device off and later back on, the sampling rate falls back to the default. Can I change this default setting? is this...
  10. Microphone Sample Rate

Microphone Sample Rate: when i change my mic sample rate in the settings it always goes back to DVD quality instead of Studio quality. Why does it do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/microphone-sample-rate/50f5819d-41df-4300-a274-456979f4769b