Windows 10: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" RMA

Discus and support Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" RMA in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Greetings All, I'm in the process of a Samsung RMA for a 2.5" EVO 500Gb. If the machine is left for a period of 24Hrs the drive will eventually vanish... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by colsearle, May 4, 2021.

1. colsearle Win User

Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" RMA

Greetings All, I'm in the process of a Samsung RMA for a 2.5" EVO 500Gb. If the machine is left for a period of 24Hrs the drive will eventually vanish crashing the pc and restarting to report no boot device. The bios shows no drive. Only a power cycle makes the drive re-appear and all is well for another up to 24Hrs. This behaviour is the same across 3 different desktops each time with a clean install of 10 to test. It took me a few days to eliminate all other components in disbeleif that I could have a faulty Samsung SSD. I install Kingston, WD, Crucial & Samsung but consider Samsung to be the best. The drive has been sent to Samsung and returned under RMA. In the returning documentation the only points mentioned are device adjusted according to specification and software update. I had already checked for firmware with magician which reported the drive was already up to date. Upon testing the SSD it still does this vanishing act when left for a long period of time and I have again contacted Samsung with my findings. I have received a reply stating that I need to submit evidence of the fault and all was good in testing at their end in the Netherlands. I'd agree that the drive would pass all testing in a diagnostic. It is only when the drive is left for a long peiod of time that the fault occurs and when it does there is no evidence that it has. There is no time for a bsod report. I'm wondering if I should just bin the drive and move on. The original target pc now has a WD blue SSD with no problems.

:)

colsearle, May 4, 2021

2. does windows 10 recognize samsung 860 evo

I've been reading that a number of people are having trouble with windows 10 working with a Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB SSD. I've tried looking on the Samsung website for the driver for this drive and they have all other models except the 860 EVO. Do they work
    together?

DanMasterson1, May 4, 2021
  3. Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD

I'm having the exact same issue, cant find 860 evo drivers anywhere. Why is Samsung not providing? Please give an update on ur issue! thanks!

AustinOcampo, May 4, 2021
  4. Willdrep Win User

Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" RMA

Samsung 860 EVO MZ-76E1T0B ssd not recognized

Just set up my system, Samsung 860 EVO MZ-76E1T0B ssd not recognized ... help

Willdrep, May 4, 2021
Thema:

Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" RMA

1. Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" RMA - Similar Threads - Samsung 860 EVO

2. Samsung 860 Evo 500GB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Samsung 860 Evo 500GB: Reading Files Very slow and now showing images video etc not even let me copy paste some where i have to restart my system to copy data after every few minutes tried windows reinstall changed cables connectors everything. Currently on windows 11...
  3. Samsung 860 Evo 500GB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Samsung 860 Evo 500GB: Reading Files Very slow and now showing images video etc not even let me copy paste some where i have to restart my system to copy data after every few minutes tried windows reinstall changed cables connectors everything. Currently on windows 11...
  4. Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD: I have a brand new HP Windows 10 machine. I'm trying to install a 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD. Disk Management refused to see the brive but it is seen in the BIOS and Device Manager. Any ideas to get it recognized?...
  5. Issues with Samsung 860 EVO and Windows issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Issues with Samsung 860 EVO and Windows issues: I have two Samsung EVO 500GB connected via a Syba SI-PEX40064 SATA III 4 Port PCI-e x1 Controller Card I have some issues with one Samsung EVO 500GB where the OS is installed along with Malwarebytes, HitmanPro, TeamViewer, HD Sentinel, Macrium Reflect, Epson Printer and a...
  6. Installing a New SSD drive ( Samsung 860 evo)

Installing a New SSD drive ( Samsung 860 evo): Hi there , I am trying to installing a new SSD (2.5 inch , 7mm height) that I brought for my old Laptop . The Laptop has a HDD whose height is 9.5 mm but my SSD is 7mm ….. * My laptop Specs are :: Processor - Intel core i5 2410M 2.30Ghz 2 core 4 thread RAM - 12gb...
  7. Samsung 860 EVO MZ-76E1T0B ssd not recognized

Samsung 860 EVO MZ-76E1T0B ssd not recognized: Just set up my system, Samsung 860 EVO MZ-76E1T0B ssd not recognized ... help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/samsung-860-evo-mz-76e1t0b-ssd-not-recognized/21dc86a5-27f4-4b62-ae76-5697980008e0
  8. Samsung Evo 860 SSD booting intermitently

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Samsung Evo 860 SSD booting intermitently: Hello all, I have found a couple of threads here and saw others having the same issue, but didn't see how they resolved the problem. My new SSD boots 50% of the time, when it doesn't I press the reset button to get it to boot up. Runs great once booted. Initially I cloned...
  9. samsung ssd evo 860 250 gb

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    samsung ssd evo 860 250 gb: I am receiving this for Christmas, I have watched several youtube videos, I will be downloading the migration tool today, my computer was built by small computer store 6 years ago, it runs without problems, I will be cloning the ssd from the mechanical drive, all stats are...
  10. Installing EVO 860 drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Installing EVO 860 drive: I added a third drive 860 EVO but do not see it registering. I have room for a fourth one and am planning filling the spot. I downloaded Samsung Magician and all drives are working. I also can see the drive listed on the devise list; however, the file explorer panel only...