Windows 10: Samsung 860 SATA III not detected in RAID mode but detected in AHCI

Discus and support Samsung 860 SATA III not detected in RAID mode but detected in AHCI in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Just an interesting observation, after I switched my machine from RAID to AHCI. 156035 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dictum, May 9, 2020.

1. dictum Win User

Samsung 860 SATA III not detected in RAID mode but detected in AHCI

Just an interesting observation, after I switched my machine from RAID to AHCI.

:)

dictum, May 9, 2020

2. new samsung 860 ssd magician software 5.21 disables ahci

took back the 860 to best buy and got another 850 evo works just fine. Also went to Samsung support and their message boards . Found others who had same ahci deactivated problems due to lack of upgrading their controller drivers for the 860 to work properly.Thanks
    for your suggestions but let Samsung fix this Richie

RichardParsons62, May 9, 2020
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    SATA optical drive becomes useless in AHCI mode?

I'm not even using SATA 5/6. I origionally tried that, but they must only become active once Windows boots or something, cause stuff didn't show up in the BIOS when I tried putting it there. I put my OS drive there once and it wasn't even detected.

There's a discrepency somewhere with my SATA 5/6 ports. In the BIOS, it says there' for AHCI -OR- RAID only, but in the manual, it says it's for AHCI+RAID mode only.

4. Samsung 860 SATA III not detected in RAID mode but detected in AHCI

AMD Non-Raid AHCI drivers?

is there any xp-32bit ahci driver that actually works on the 790gx? i have to run my samsung sata in ide mode. if i use the amd ahci raid driver, the hd disappear completly from the controller list in AOD,start to work in raidxpert, and otherwise run normal, but no performance increase is yielded... any solutions?*Smile Samsung 860 SATA III not detected in RAID mode but detected in AHCI :)

Velvet Wafer, May 9, 2020
Thema:

Samsung 860 SATA III not detected in RAID mode but detected in AHCI

1. Samsung 860 SATA III not detected in RAID mode but detected in AHCI - Similar Threads - Samsung 860 SATA

2. AHCI or RAID?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    AHCI or RAID?: Hi there, I am about to install Windows 10 onto a single 4.0 NVMe M.2 as a clean installation and I want to know if I should set the SATA control to AHCI or RAID? This is not a RAID set up just one single 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD card. Thank you, Robert....
  3. Samsung Magician detects AHCI mode deactivated in my SSD boot drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Samsung Magician detects AHCI mode deactivated in my SSD boot drive: AHCI mode is actually activated in the UEFI, and I also tried changing some numbers via regedit, but that didn't seem to help.I read online that magician has a bug and sometimes doesn't read AHCI correctly, and also that you can detect if it works correctly via device manager...
  4. SATA AHCI controller

SATA AHCI controller: Lately I have been using an older hp 15 laptop I have as my newer laptop is having some keyboard issues. My older laptop has plenty of issues on its own, not being able to update and stuff. Working on those issues myself, but opening task manager I notice cpu and disk are...
  5. Unable to change SATA mode from IDE TO AHCI

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to change SATA mode from IDE TO AHCI: Sorry to bother you all. I am currently trying to change my SATA mode from IDE to AHCI but in my BIOS the option to change it is grayed out. Is there anything I can do to fix this? My Specs are: Packard Bell imedia S1800 PC Ram: 2.0 GB DDR3 SSD: Crucial BX200 Media...
  6. samsung 860 ssd

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    samsung 860 ssd: I plan on getting a Samsung 860 evo 250 gbs on Thursday. My current stats are i5 3.3 ghz 500gb hdd only 85 used in 6 years, windows 10 upgrade from 7. My question is what improvement does this normally make. I think the programs will start faster but how fast. Will page...
  7. samsung 860 ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    samsung 860 ssd: I plan on getting a Samsung 860 evo 250 gbs on Thursday. My current stats are i5 3.3 ghz 500gb hdd only 85 used in 6 years, windows 10 upgrade from 7. My question is what improvement does this normally make. I think the programs will start faster but how fast. Will page...
  8. SATA III SSD shown as SATA II

SATA III SSD shown as SATA II: Hi everyone.*Nerd I have just noticed that my Intel 520 SSD Drive is showing as SATA II drive. Now, I am aware that it is connected to a SATA2_0 port controlled by native Intel SATA II controller on my mobo and current speed should be 3gb/s. Why does it say though that the...
  9. AHCI or RAID

AHCI or RAID: Hi. I have just purchased a Dell XPS 15 Laptop with a single 512gb SSD. I am wanting to clean install Windows 10 but am unsure whether to place the BIOS in RAID or AHCI? I have heard the read/write SSD speeds are similar once in windows. Would one of these interfaces...
  10. setingup computer to run raid driver not sata ahci contorller question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    setingup computer to run raid driver not sata ahci contorller question: Will it kill my windows 10 pro serial number , and if it does how do i get in touch with Microsoft to reactivate windows ? Thanks for now ! 107369