Windows 10: Samsung 940 touchpad stopped working and Fn F5 does not reactivate. Samsung no help, as...

Discus and support Samsung 940 touchpad stopped working and Fn F5 does not reactivate. Samsung no help, as... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Have tried Fn F5 to no avail, looked for clues on line, asked Samsung (their response...call our service co-conspirators in the southwest???).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PeterCook5, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Samsung 940 touchpad stopped working and Fn F5 does not reactivate. Samsung no help, as...

Have tried Fn F5 to no avail, looked for clues on line, asked Samsung (their response...call our service co-conspirators in the southwest???).

Previously, touchpad stopped working and found that it had turned off (not by my actions), turned on and worked find for the next two weeks. Now again off, but settings says on. Samsung 940 ATIV, sole user, no bouncing, dropping, etc.

Can feel the 'click' when depressing the pad, but no results on screen. Is it time to move to the other side (Had very bad experiences with Dell, Toshiba and HP and Compaq is no more)? Apple or bust? Or, more correctly, bust or Apple.

:)

PeterCook5, Nov 22, 2018

2. F5 key behaving as FN + F5

All of my laptop—a Samsung Expert running Windows 10—f[number] keys are behaving now as if I press Fn+f[number] shortcut.

For example, Fn+f5 normally disables touchpad. Then, when I press f5 key to refresh a page, my touchpad is disabled.

This started happening with a few days ago. How to revert this behavior to the normal (f1 working as f1, f2 working as f2 etc…)?

Alexandre Thebaldi, Nov 22, 2018
  3. Samsung Series 5 display brightness keys not working after Windows 10 upgrade

I have a Samsung NP530U3C-A0AUK that came with Windows 8. I recently upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, and since then, the screen brightness adjust function keys (fn+F2 and fn+F3) have stopped working.

The volume adjust function keys (fn+F6/F7/F8) and touchpad disable key (fn+F5) do still work.

I've tried updating the following drivers: Intel HD Graphics 4000 display adapter (didn't solve the problem), Generic PnP Monitor and Standard PS/2 Keyboard (both already up to date). There isn't a keyboard driver on the Samsung support website.

Is there a registry setting that can be changed to re-enable the brightness keys?

To clarify: I can fully adjust the screen brightness in Settings

Another problem I am having post-Win10: Samsung Series 5 does not automatically wake up from sleep on lid open after Win 10 upgrade

binaryfunt, Nov 22, 2018
  4. Samsung 940 touchpad stopped working and Fn F5 does not reactivate. Samsung no help, as...

Elan touchpad driver incompatibility (Samsung laptop)

Today I made the Windows 10 (Home) update to my Samsung Series 9 laptop (under 2yo) having uninstalled Avast! and making sure everything was up-to-date. I had to force the update as I noticed the 80240020 error present from Windows Update. Anyway, after the update the touchpad did not function correctly. At first it didn't work at all (luckily I had a wireless Logitech mouse) and then it was only able to move the cursor (clicks, scrolls and swipes did not work). I did a little research and found out that the culprit is the Elan touchpad driver 11.7.33.1 which both Windows Update and Samsung Update suggest as the driver I should use. I could not repair the software nor could I make find a better driver. I finally rolled-back to previous touchpad driver (some old MS driver) and it restored basic functionality (I can move the cursor and use left and right clicks). When I go to Samsung Update, it suggests I should install the incompatible driver. When I go to Windows Update, it forces the installation of the incompatible driver.

As I'm sure some of you have Samsung laptops or laptops that use the same touchpad drivers, I would be interested in hearing how compatible Windows 10 has been concerning your touchpads.

Tigerman82, Nov 22, 2018
Thema:

Samsung 940 touchpad stopped working and Fn F5 does not reactivate. Samsung no help, as...

1. Samsung 940 touchpad stopped working and Fn F5 does not reactivate. Samsung no help, as... - Similar Threads - Samsung 940 touchpad

2. Fn + F5 Refresh not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fn + F5 Refresh not working: Fn + f5 refresh is not working instead i have to Win + f5 for refreshing. please help!!!! Also i have to click Fn + f11 / f12 for increseing/decreasing brightness. previously i used to Fn + f5 for refresh i never needed to win + any function keys....
  3. Touchpad on a Samsung Galaxy Book Flex NP950Q stops working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad on a Samsung Galaxy Book Flex NP950Q stops working: Hi, suddenly the touchpad of my Galaxy Book Flex stopped working. The touchscreen and the S-Pen continue to work, so it is still manageable. It happened after a Windows update, but I'm not sure if there is some relation to this I'm now at 20H2 build 19042.685. fn-F5 key...
  4. Samsung CLX3185 Scanner Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Samsung CLX3185 Scanner Stopped Working: Samsung CLX3185 printer scanner stopped working after the latest Windows 10 update 1909 for x64. I've rebooted 5-6 times, reloaded the printer driver twice. The printer works, but it will not scan any longer. Anyone got any ideas? [ATTACH]...
  5. Shortcut Key FN+F5 Not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcut Key FN+F5 Not working: Shortcut Key FN+F5 Not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcut-key-fnf5-not-working/ca917718-6d6a-404b-b643-a4398d3f0842
  6. Samsung 9 Touchpad don't working

Samsung 9 Touchpad don't working: Hello! I install many versions og Drivers, old versions, rulled back , but nothing helping. When I update the last version Driver on Devicemanager , my muse draging everytime. When i move the muse whitout any touch, but draging. No I install old driver 2006 comfortable...
  7. Fn+F5 combination suddenly stopped working.

Fn+F5 combination suddenly stopped working.: I have a Fujitsu Lifebook A555 with Windows 10 latest version installed in it. The combination Fn+F5 used to turn on/off Airplane mode on my laptop. Today, suddenly it stopped working. I tried checking for driver updates but found none. Also, no Windows updates were found....
  8. Touchpad not working on a Samsung laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Touchpad not working on a Samsung laptop: Hello, I have a Samsung laptop model np900x5n I tried many solutions already 1- Bios: enable/disable touchpad in the bios 2- I made sure that I am current with windows update which I am 3- I checked the device manager / there is a problem with the I2C HID device which...
  9. does samsung magician still not working ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    does samsung magician still not working ?: if you did a clean install of the latest windows 10 version Samsung magician will shot ahci disabled but if you just updated it will be ok I just want to khnow for people for did a clean install does magician still show ahci disabled or they fixed it ? 67258
  10. Driver Help for Samsung

Driver Help for Samsung: I have never done this, but I want to learn how to do this. My system has a Samsung 950 Pro and for some time now when Samsung releases the NVME driver I just download it, extract it and then run the MSI file for my 64-bit system. What I would like to learn is how to...