Windows 10: Samsung 960 EVO, suddenly random IOPS read is much slower

Discus and support Samsung 960 EVO, suddenly random IOPS read is much slower in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When bench-marking my 960 EVO with Samsung Magician it's now much slower for random IOPS read and I can't figure out why. I have made sure I have the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sineira, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Sineira Win User

Samsung 960 EVO, suddenly random IOPS read is much slower

When bench-marking my 960 EVO with Samsung Magician it's now much slower for random IOPS read and I can't figure out why.
    I have made sure I have the latest drivers etc but nothing helps.

Samsung 960 EVO, suddenly random IOPS read is much slower [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

The only change I can remember is that I converted the SSD to GPT.
    I had made one change related to PCI link power saving but reverting it changed nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Partial success.
    After un-checking the top box and checking it again the speeds are restored, mostly.
    Except the write speed is still slower that normal (read is higher).

When I check the drivers for the controller I see something odd but not sure if it's wrong or not.
    The driver version seems correct but I thought iaStorAC.sys was for RAID/Optane?

- - - Updated - - -

IOPS read is good again but not IOPS write:

:)

Sineira, Jul 30, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

New Samsung 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives

Read more: Samsung Electronics Accelerates the NVMe Era for Consumers with Its Highest Performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives Samsung Newsroom

Brink, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    New Samsung 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives

Read more: Samsung Electronics Accelerates the NVMe Era for Consumers with Its Highest Performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives Samsung Newsroom

Brink, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Mark Win User

Samsung EVO 860 1TB SATA low read/write IOPS

I recently purchased a Samsung EVO 860 1TB SATA SSD. I have installed fresh Windows 10 Pro. I have updated each and every driver and BIOS to the latest. Firmware for SSD is also the latest. I have enabled AHCI, TRIM and RAPID mode.

But Samsung Magician reports low Read/Write IOPS. Sequential Read/Write is fine. For sequential Read/Write I am getting the values as advertised. It is connected to SATA3 interface as shown in Image-2.

What can i do to improve Read/Write IOPS?

Image1: Samsung Magician Performance Benchmark

Image2: SSD Health and settings reported by Samsung Magician

Thema:

1. Samsung 960 EVO, suddenly random IOPS read is much slower - Similar Threads - Samsung 960 EVO

2. Samsung 970 EVO SSD suddenly disappears from Windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Samsung 970 EVO SSD suddenly disappears from Windows.: Specs:OS: Windows 11 Home 23H2 22631.3447CPU: Core i5-8250USSD: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe PCIe 500gb SSDHDD: Seagate ST1000LM035-1RK172After downloading some files onto the SSD, the entire disk disappeared from Windows completely. Event viewer showed Reset to device,...
  3. Laptop suddenly much slower when unplugged

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop suddenly much slower when unplugged: In the past few weeks, I've found that my VIAO laptop has become much, much slower, especially when not plugged in. It'll often take full minutes to load a site. It's a lot better though when it's plugged in but immediately slows down again as soon as I unplug it, even if it...
  4. Samsung 960EVO, suddenly random IOPS read is much slower

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Samsung 960EVO, suddenly random IOPS read is much slower: When bench-marking my 960 EVO with Samsung Magician it's now much slower for random IOPS read and I can't figure out why. I have made sure I have the latest drivers etc but nothing helps. [img] 161668
  5. SAMSUNG 970 EVO boot slower than nomal SSD

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SAMSUNG 970 EVO boot slower than nomal SSD: I've just upgraded my boot drive from an old SSD to a Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (500GB) but windows task manager is showing my last BIOS time as being 20 seconds where as with my old ssd wa around 10s. Pls help! 130098
  6. does Samsung 960 EVO support Asus Z87 Deluxe Moth. with i7-4770k ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    does Samsung 960 EVO support Asus Z87 Deluxe Moth. with i7-4770k ?: does Samsung 960 EVO support Asus Z87 Deluxe Moth. with i7-4770k ? here is Samsung 960 EVO https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-960-E...words=SSD+PCIe here is my Motherboard Z87-DELUXE | Motherboards | ASUS Global specification Z87-DELUXE | Motherboards | ASUS Global...
  7. Samsung 960 EVO NVMe performance...

Samsung 960 EVO NVMe performance...: My new system is based on the Asus Prime Z370-A MB, that has two PCIe (x4), M.2_1 and M.2_2. Both of the sockets are populated with Samsung SSD 960 EVO 250 GB M.2 cards. Windows 10 setup had selected the M.2_1 drive and installed without any issues. Windows 10 is up to...
  8. 960 evo nvme speed improvement

960 evo nvme speed improvement: I have a new system with a 960 evo nvme. The system bios is legacy. If i change the bios to uefi and change the mbr to gpt, would i gain any significant speed improvement with the nvme drive? Currently i am underwhelmed by the speed of the nvme in comparison to a 850 pro on...
  9. Can't Boot from Samsung 960 EVO M.2 Drive, Sort Of

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Boot from Samsung 960 EVO M.2 Drive, Sort Of: installed W10 on the above drive. When I try to boot from it, it doesn't work. It says insert boot media. I had already installed W10 on the drive. And I can see the drive in BIOS and windows explorer when booting from another drive. Oddly, when I boot from an SSD drive...
  10. New Samsung 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives

in Windows 10 News
    New Samsung 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives: [img] Samsung Electronics, a worldwide leader in advanced memory solutions for more than two decades, today unveiled the Samsung 960 PRO and 960 EVO, its newest solid state drives (SSDs). The V-NAND based, M.2 form factor SSDs were built on the company’s category-defining...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. benchmarks evo 970