Windows 10: Samsung D3 Station Showing Wrong Used Space

Discus and support Samsung D3 Station Showing Wrong Used Space in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a 5TB Samsung D3 External Drive which appears to be showing the wrong amount of used and free space. The total capacity is showing correctly.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Chris Nicola, May 13, 2020.

1. Samsung D3 Station Showing Wrong Used Space

I have a 5TB Samsung D3 External Drive which appears to be showing the wrong amount of used and free space. The total capacity is showing correctly.

If I open the drive and select all the files(inc. hidden)/right click/properties it shows 2.17 Tbt file space which appears correct.

Samsung D3 Station Showing Wrong Used Space [​IMG]

If I go to This PC/Right click Drive/Properties/ It shows 2.98 Tb used space. This is about 800 Gbt too much!

These are the screenshots from Disk Management. The total disk capacity is showing correctly.

Mini Tool Partition Wizard shows something similar.

Windows says the latest driver is already installed. I have run Disk Check and no errors were found.

I am tempted to reformat, but I would only like to try that as a last resort as it would probably take 1-2 days to copy all my data back.

It's possible that windows is giving the wrong figure for the used space, or there might be another explanation. Are there any suggestions how I can solve this mystery and recover the "missing" 800 Gbt??

Your thoughts would be appreciated

Kind regards
    Chris

:)

Chris Nicola, May 13, 2020

2. will samsung d3 hard drive encloser work with windows 10

Having trouble getting windows 10 to recognized external Samsung D3 hard drive encloser

WilliamBeale, May 13, 2020
  3. Internal Hard Drive Appearing and Disappearing

I have a D3 Samsung station hard drive and it will show up for 3seconds and ten disappears

stacyswisher, May 13, 2020
  4. Samsung D3 Station Showing Wrong Used Space

China has lost control of its space station?

China's out-of-control space station will crash into Earth this coming Easter weekend, according to the European Space Agency.

The agency's Space Debris Office has said Tiangong-1 will hit somewhere across our planet's northern hemisphere between March 30 and April 2.

Previous estimates suggested the rogue station, which is carrying highly toxic chemicals, would enter Earth's orbit on April 3.

According to experts tracking the station, it has the highest chance of crashing along a narrow strip around latitudes of 43 degrees north and south.

This includes a number of highly populated cities including New York, Barcelona, Beijing, Chicago, Istanbul, Rome and Toronto.

Samsung D3 Station Showing Wrong Used Space 1521832448888-png.png

Map showing the area between 42.8 degrees North and 42.8 degrees South latitude (in green), over which Tiangong-1 could reenter. Graph at left shows population density.

SatView

CAPSLOCKSTUCK, May 13, 2020
Thema:

Samsung D3 Station Showing Wrong Used Space

1. Samsung D3 Station Showing Wrong Used Space - Similar Threads - Samsung Station Showing

2. Samsung D3 Station Showing Wrong Used Space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Samsung D3 Station Showing Wrong Used Space: I have a 5TB Samsung D3 External Drive which appears to be showing the wrong amount of used and free space. The total capacity is showing correctly. If I open the drive and select all the files(inc. hidden)/right click/properties it shows 2.17 Tbt file space which appears...
  3. Drive not showing correct used space.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive not showing correct used space.: Laptop: Acer Predator Helios 300 Gaming Laptop - PH315-52-78VL OS: Windows 10 My drive C: in properties is showing that I have 74.1 GB of used space but when I manually select all the files inside of drive C: it only shows that the size on disk is 48.0 GB. I do not have...
  4. Why does storage space show incorrect used space?

Why does storage space show incorrect used space?: Storage Space is telling me I'm using 7.26 TB of 7.26 TB on Storage space E: but everything else is telling me I'm only using 1.66 to 1.7 TB. Below is a collage of various utilities reporting storage usage as well as the result of a CHKDSK command. Based on other guidance...
  5. Storage spaces and Samsung HDD

Storage spaces and Samsung HDD: I have just upgraded from win 7 to Win 10. With win 7 I had a RAID 10 setup with 3 Samsung HD drives and a single WD HDD. All drives are 1TB. I have installed a Samsung NVMA on the M/B and have installed the new OS on that, so I want to use the 4 HD drives as a storage...
  6. Hard drive showing wrong free space in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Hard drive showing wrong free space in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Imagine a situation when your a disk in your system is showing high space utilization while you haven’t installed many applications. Upon checking the actual volume occupied by the apps inside the drive, you realize that they aren’t occupying a [...] This...
  7. Mapped network drives show wrong disk space

Mapped network drives show wrong disk space: Hi, So I have mapped two network drives, one for my OneDrive and one for a web server, but they do not show available space correctly, they seem to mimic my physical drive only. [ATTACH] they mimic it to the byte! ``` DeviceID : C: DriveType : 3 ProviderName :...
  8. Using 3 monitors with Docking Station

in Windows 10 Support
    Using 3 monitors with Docking Station: Hello, I have a user set up on a Windows 10 laptop. They are utilizing a docking station and when it is hooked up, we have to adjust the display so they can use the laptop with 2 additional monitors. We have to change the second monitor to "Extend this display". When they...
  9. Wrong used space and impossible update after reset

in Windows 10 Support
    Wrong used space and impossible update after reset: Hi there. I recently reset my windows install I can't get it up to date anymore. It is stuck on the Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803, with each percent taking several hours. A maybe related issue is that the used space seems to wrong as in this screenshot: [img]...
  10. Wrong used space and impossible update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wrong used space and impossible update: Hi there. I recently reset my windows install I can't get it up to date anymore. It is stuck on the Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803, with each percent taking several hours. A maybe related issue is that the used space seems to wrong as in this screenshot:...