Windows 10: Samsung D3 Station Showing Wrong Used Space

Discus and support Samsung D3 Station Showing Wrong Used Space in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a 5TB Samsung D3 External Drive which appears to be showing the wrong amount of used and free space. The total capacity is showing correctly.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Chris Nicola, May 17, 2020.

1. Samsung D3 Station Showing Wrong Used Space

I have a 5TB Samsung D3 External Drive which appears to be showing the wrong amount of used and free space. The total capacity is showing correctly.

If I open the drive and select all the files(inc. hidden)/right click/properties it shows 2.17 Tbt file space which appears correct.

Samsung D3 Station Showing Wrong Used Space [​IMG]

If I go to This PC/Right click Drive/Properties/ It shows 2.98 Tb used space. This is about 800 Gbt too much!

These are the screenshots from Disk Management. The total disk capacity is showing correctly.

Mini Tool Partition Wizard shows something similar.

Windows says the latest driver is already installed. I have run Disk Check and no errors were found.

I am tempted to reformat, but I would only like to try that as a last resort as it would probably take 1-2 days to copy all my data back.

It's possible that windows is giving the wrong figure for the used space, or there might be another explanation. Are there any suggestions how I can solve this mystery and recover the "missing" 800 Gbt??

Your thoughts would be appreciated

Kind regards
    Chris

- - - Updated - - -

I am glad to say the problem is now solved, although I am still confused exactly what the problem was. I connected the drive to my laptop and it still showed the wrong amount of free space (1.5 Tbt was showing instead of 2.2 Tbt). I connected it back to my desktop and changed the Drive letter from "I" to "Z" and then back to "I". I went to Settings/backup file history and made sure it was turned off. I turned it on and then off again. I also defragmented the drive. It was still showing the wrong amount of free space. However, when I booted up this morning the problem was solved and it showed the correct free space of about 2.2 Tbt. In the past I had used this drive as a Windows file backup device (Settings Backup). Later Later I deleted the files directly from the external drive using windows explorer instead of deleting them from the Windows backup app. This might have had something to do with it.

I hope this information may be helpful in case anyone else has a similar problem.

Kind regards
    Chris

:)

Chris Nicola, May 17, 2020

2. Samsung D3 Station Showing Wrong Used Space

I have a 5TB Samsung D3 External Drive which appears to be showing the wrong amount of used and free space. The total capacity is showing correctly.

If I open the drive and select all the files(inc. hidden)/right click/properties it shows 2.17 Tbt file space which appears correct.

If I go to This PC/Right click Drive/Properties/ It shows 2.98 Tb used space. This is about 800 Gbt too much!

These are the screenshots from Disk Management. The total disk capacity is showing correctly.

Mini Tool Partition Wizard shows something similar.

Windows says the latest driver is already installed. I have run Disk Check and no errors were found.

I am tempted to reformat, but I would only like to try that as a last resort as it would probably take 1-2 days to copy all my data back.

It's possible that windows is giving the wrong figure for the used space, or there might be another explanation. Are there any suggestions how I can solve this mystery and recover the "missing" 800 Gbt??

Your thoughts would be appreciated

Kind regards
    Chris

Chris Nicola, May 17, 2020
  3. will samsung d3 hard drive encloser work with windows 10

Having trouble getting windows 10 to recognized external Samsung D3 hard drive encloser

WilliamBeale, May 17, 2020
  4. Samsung D3 Station Showing Wrong Used Space

Internal Hard Drive Appearing and Disappearing

I have a D3 Samsung station hard drive and it will show up for 3seconds and ten disappears

stacyswisher, May 17, 2020
Thema:

Samsung D3 Station Showing Wrong Used Space

1. Samsung D3 Station Showing Wrong Used Space - Similar Threads - Samsung Station Showing

2. C drive showing wrong space usage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C drive showing wrong space usage: Hello, I'm Arjun.All the folder in C drive cumulatively using 55.6 GB but the C drive showing that it's using 95GB.Where is this space consumed ? How can I get rest of unused space ?Regards,Arjun...
  3. C drive showing wrong space usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C drive showing wrong space usage: Hello, I'm Arjun.All the folder in C drive cumulatively using 55.6 GB but the C drive showing that it's using 95GB.Where is this space consumed ? How can I get rest of unused space ?Regards,Arjun...
  4. C drive is showing wrong used space

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    C drive is showing wrong used space: Hello, I'm Arjun.I have windows 10 OS. My C drive is about 195 GB. And all the folders in C drive cumulatively used 57 GB space but C drive shows 120 GB is in use. Is there anything hidden which is using the space.How can I delete those ?Waiting for reply ASAP.Regards,Arjun...
  5. C drive is showing wrong used space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive is showing wrong used space: Hello, I'm Arjun.I have windows 10 OS. My C drive is about 195 GB. And all the folders in C drive cumulatively used 57 GB space but C drive shows 120 GB is in use. Is there anything hidden which is using the space.How can I delete those ?Waiting for reply ASAP.Regards,Arjun...
  6. C drive is showing wrong used space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Disk Partition showing wrong space.

Disk Partition showing wrong space.: I have 292GB space in a disk partition Manual, not system. I have no backups and no malwares. Only 4.61GB is occupied by all files and hidden files combined. And the size on disk is 4.62 GB. What's the difference between this? In another partition the difference between size...
  8. D:/ usage space showing wrong

D:/ usage space showing wrong: Suggest me how to rectify this error or issue. From the below image its clearly shown that "all in d:\" size is 38.0gb, but in properties shows 207gb used how? [ATTACH]...
  9. Samsung D3 Station Showing Wrong Used Space

in Windows 10 Support
    Samsung D3 Station Showing Wrong Used Space: I have a 5TB Samsung D3 External Drive which appears to be showing the wrong amount of used and free space. The total capacity is showing correctly. If I open the drive and select all the files(inc. hidden)/right click/properties it shows 2.17 Tbt file space which appears...
  10. Wrong used space and impossible update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wrong used space and impossible update: Hi there. I recently reset my windows install I can't get it up to date anymore. It is stuck on the Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803, with each percent taking several hours. A maybe related issue is that the used space seems to wrong as in this screenshot:...