Windows 10: Samsung EVO 850 SSD no longer working after WIN10 1809 upgrade

Discus and support Samsung EVO 850 SSD no longer working after WIN10 1809 upgrade in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I confirm that my Desktop PC, with a rather old MB (Asus P5Q-Turbo + 8Gb RAM + Intel ICH10R AHCI interface) together with an EVO 850 SSD did not work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by YLG80, Mar 9, 2019.

1. YLG80 Win User

Samsung EVO 850 SSD no longer working after WIN10 1809 upgrade

I confirm that my Desktop PC, with a rather old MB (Asus P5Q-Turbo + 8Gb RAM + Intel ICH10R AHCI interface) together with an EVO 850 SSD did not work anymore after the Win10 1809 upgrade.

When the PC was successfully booting, it hanged after a few minutes (frozen with the mouse pointer still moving.)
    When trying to reboot, the system was trying to repair the PC without success, leaving something wrong in the boot process.
    Each time, I had to restore the SSD boot disk from a backup image in order to reboot.

It happened also with a previous WIN10 upgrade (1709 if I remember well) and I was able to fix the issue by replacing Microsoft generic driver with an original Intel AHCI driver.

This time with the 1809 upgrade, I was unable to fix the issue.
    I've tested many different Intel drivers versions and tweaked various parameters to no avail *Mad.

I've also copied the SSD image to a standard HDD and the system is fully working without any problem in 1809 release.
    And it is still working today... although very slowly on the HDD *Devil!.

As I could no longer spend more time trying to fix that issue, I've eventually decided to buy a new Desktop and reinstall WIN10Pro from scratch and all my applications.

Thank you *Mad
    Yves

:)

YLG80, Mar 9, 2019
  2. Josh_922 Win User

Win10 clean install on Samsung SSD 850 EVO

BLUF: SSD is not listed ubder "Where do you want to install Windows?"

Steps Complete:

1. I've create a Win10 bootable install usb.

2. I connect the new Samsung SSD 850 EVO via SATA.

3. I reboot PC and verify SSD is seen by the motherboard/BIOS

4. Begin Win10 install via usb.

5. Get to "Where do you want to install Windows?" and the SSD is not listed

Problems:

1. Samsung does not offer a driver for the 850 on their website

2. Cannot locate driver elsewhere

Unsuccessful Mitigations Steps Attempt:

A. Format & partition SSD via Windows Disk Management, then retried steps 1-5 above....same result

B. Clone existing HHD onto SSD via "Image for Windows" by TeraByte, then verified SSD contents via Windows Explorer....similar result

Can you please offer some advice on locating a driver for a Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB drive? Or an alternative method?

Thank you

Josh_922, Mar 9, 2019
  3. Cloning problems with Samsung SSD 850 EVO

Unable to clone a Samsung SSD 850 EVO on a newly upgraded Win10 machine. Samsung's cloning app does not see the drive, though Samsung's Magician software does (albeit grayed out).

Formatted and mounted the drive in MS Disk Management; drive appears as E.

(Already successfully cloned and installed an 850 on a different machine using Win8.1; then successfully upgraded to Win10, so I know what success looks like.)

TIA,

Sam

Sal A. Manger, Mar 9, 2019
  4. Gary Win User

Samsung SSD 850 EVO

Samsung EVO 850 SSD no longer working after WIN10 1809 upgrade [​IMG]

Gary, Mar 9, 2019
  5. i seen thepicture , thats a microsoft driver ,. But you must install the achi driver , you can download from intel . Intel released latest RST driver which contains latest ACHI driver.
    I have generic achi driver from intel but it modified by unknown genious person , i downloaded from other site and then i installed through device manger

RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS, Mar 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Samsung EVO 850 SSD no longer working after WIN10 1809 upgrade - Similar Threads - Samsung EVO 850

2. Is this Samsung 850 EVO SSD going bad?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is this Samsung 850 EVO SSD going bad?: I'm having lots of BSODs and the forum member who is assisting me (Lots of IRQ_Less... and KERNEL_SECURITY... BSODs on 2 month old build - Windows 10 Forums) picked up lots of retry messages from the Beta Collector that I uploaded for my Samsung 850 EVO SSD. Are all these...
  3. Samsung SSD 850 Evo Performance

Samsung SSD 850 Evo Performance: I recently bought a Samsung SSD 850 Evo which i cannected to my MS Surface Pro 2 running Windows 10 Pro using a Type C usb Sabrent Cablrle. After formatting the drive i tried to invoke Rapid Mode but failed. The Magician software does not allow me to do so. I have downgraded...
  4. Locked Samsung 850 EVO SSD

Locked Samsung 850 EVO SSD: Hello! If this has been answered before, please point me to the appropriate thread. Last night we were checking old hardware in our Service Department long abandoned from our customers (more than 8 months). Among them there was a Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD 2.5" SATA. I...
  5. System Image + new Samsung 850 EVO SSD

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Image + new Samsung 850 EVO SSD: Following a successful install of Creator's Update I transferred all files-including OS-to a Samsung 850 EVO SSD (500gb) using Samsung Magician software supplied with the SSD. File transfer went was perfect. Old HDD was removed and replaced with Samsung SSD. Reboot was...
  6. Samsung SSD 850 EVO problems

Samsung SSD 850 EVO problems: Hi, I run the Samsung Magician, and in its System Information, stated AHCI Mode is Deactivated and SATA Interface is unable to be detected. How to resolve this, please help? Thank you guys! [img] 74257
  7. Is my SSD Samsung Evo 850 failing?

Is my SSD Samsung Evo 850 failing?: Hello. My SSD: Ssd Samsung Evo 850 250 GB, motherboard Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 UEFI, So i want to write about my issues with Windows 10 just before format, when i was on MBR partition. I want to be sure that my SSD is fine or not. So listen. Windows 10 get somehow...
  8. Samsung SSD 850 EVO

Samsung SSD 850 EVO: [img] About This Product Upgrade virtually every aspect of your computer’s performance with Samsung’s new 850 EVO, designed with state-of-the-art SSD advancements including 3D V-NAND technology. As the next generation beyond the bestselling 840 EVO, you’ll get the...
  9. SSD Samsung Evo 850 & Samsung Magician RAPID mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SSD Samsung Evo 850 & Samsung Magician RAPID mode: Hi guys, i'm using win 10 pro x64 on a samsung evo 850 120gb ssd. My samsung magician just can't recognize the OS, anyone knows how to fix? Thank you and sorry for my bad grammar! *Tongue [img] 24028
  10. Samsung SSD EVO 850 500GB

in Windows 10 Support
    Samsung SSD EVO 850 500GB: I have a Samsung SSD EVO 850 500GB and while I had been using it on my laptop with Windows 7 everything had been running ok even the Rapid mode, but when I updated to Windows 10, I am getting this error : Rapid mode is in inactive state due to system internal errors. Please...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. will the samsung 850 evo work with my laptop

2. samsung magician not working windows 10

3. samsung ssd 1809

4. 850 evo will not work after 1903 what about other ssds?,
  5. samsung magician windows 10 1809 working?,
  6. win 10 1809 samsung ssd not recognized