Windows 10: Samsung Expands HDR10+ Ecosystem With Wider Content Offering

Discus and support Samsung Expands HDR10+ Ecosystem With Wider Content Offering in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Samsung Electronics is further expanding its HDR10+ streaming content offering with the addition of Google Play Movies to the services that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Brink Win User

Samsung Expands HDR10+ Ecosystem With Wider Content Offering

Source: Samsung Expands HDR10+ Ecosystem With Wider Content Offering – Samsung Global Newsroom

:)

Brink, Aug 20, 2020

2. Samsung, Amazon Unveil Yet Another HDR Standard

And here I was thinking the whole point of having standards was to homogenize offerings for a given feature, ensuring the same minimal requirements were met by anyone (or any product) looking to carry a sticker emblazoning its capabilities. Yet here it is, another HDR standard, which Samsung and Amazon are calling HDR10+.

The HDR10+ standard looks to slightly bridge the gap between the HDR10 standard as certified by the UHD Alliance, and the Dolby Vision one, which boasted better HDR reproduction whilst carrying higher specifications to be adhered to. The greatest change in HDR10+: the adoption of Dynamic Tone Mapping, which stand upon variable dynamic metadata to help adjust brightness and contrast in real time, optimized on a frame-by-frame basis, a feature present in Dolby Vision but lacking on the UHD Alliance's HDR10, which resulted in some overly darkened bright scenes.

Samsung Expands HDR10+ Ecosystem With Wider Content Offering 3e05b5dc46d0_thm.jpg

Samsung Expands HDR10+ Ecosystem With Wider Content Offering 9546c98f1890_thm.jpg

The presence of both Samsung and Amazon in this announcement isn't fortuitous: a hardware manufacturer and a content provider are, in this case, holding hands in delivering an improved experience and an ecosystem adapted to this new standard. For one, Samsung's 2016 UHD TVs will get HDR10+ support through a firmware update during the second half of 2017 (all of Samsung's 2017 UHD TVs, including its premium QLED TV lineup, support HDR10+.) This ensures hardware support for new HDR10+ content, where dynamic metadata needs to be included within a video file before it can be decoded, hence relying upon content creators adopting it - and Amazon is one of the prime content providers for the latest technologies. What a happy coincidence.

Source: News @ Samsung.com

Raevenlord, Aug 20, 2020
  3. wider screen

My laptop screen it seems wider, I tried all the setting steps but I can't get it right? Any idea how to correct it ?

salehbenkhayal1, Aug 20, 2020
  4. Samsung Expands HDR10+ Ecosystem With Wider Content Offering

wider screen

My laptop screen it seems wider, I tried all the setting steps but I can't get it right? Any idea how to correct it ?

salehbenkhayal1, Aug 20, 2020
Thema:

Samsung Expands HDR10+ Ecosystem With Wider Content Offering

1. Samsung Expands HDR10+ Ecosystem With Wider Content Offering - Similar Threads - Samsung Expands HDR10+

2. Best routes to ensure HDR10/Dolby Vision content

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Best routes to ensure HDR10/Dolby Vision content: I'm on Windows 21H1 with a HDR10+ Dolby Vision compatible 4K display via a good WIFI 6 connection. As of right now all my streaming content is viewed from Microsoft Edge current build. Windows settings show HDR is enabled and my tv input shows HDR 2160 res. Am I getting the...
  3. Samsung Introduces New HDR10+ Adaptive Feature for QLED TVs

in Windows 10 News
    Samsung Introduces New HDR10+ Adaptive Feature for QLED TVs: HDR10+ Adaptive works with Filmmaker Mode to deliver cinematic experience in any room condition Samsung Electronics today announced that the HDR10+ Adaptive feature will be supported in Samsung TVs, which improves the HDR10+ viewing experience in customers’ homes...
  4. HDR10 support in windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDR10 support in windows?: [ATTACH] I have an HDR10 Capable photography monitor, my Xbox recognises that it has HDR and will stream HDR videos to it just fine, but I cannot figure out why windows is refusing to recognise it. any suggestions on what to do/try? Thanks....
  5. Microsoft ecosystem

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft ecosystem: I'm am sure we will one-day get a windows phone to be the processing power house for a short-range Wi-Fi regular size classes version of Hololens AR head set. So with that in mind do y'all think Microsoft would make its own version of YouTube Tiktok Social media Ect...
  6. HDR10 content from PC not triggering the HDR settings on my display

in Windows 10 Customization
    HDR10 content from PC not triggering the HDR settings on my display: Other than the Windows HD Color settings, is there something else I need to check for the computer to trigger the HDR display mode on my television? I have a PC connected to a TCL 5-Series Roku television in my living room that supports both HDR10 and Dolby Vision. The HDR...
  7. Microsoft and Samsung expand partnership for apps and services

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft and Samsung expand partnership for apps and services: Today, we are excited to share the latest innovations in our partnership with Samsung, bringing together Samsung’s new devices for productivity with the best apps and services across Microsoft 365, Windows 10 and Xbox to help you across work and play. [ATTACH]...
  8. Microsoft Expanding the Designed for Xbox Ecosystem to Mobile Gaming Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Expanding the Designed for Xbox Ecosystem to Mobile Gaming Mobile: [ATTACH] As Kareem Choudhry shared last month, our vision for Project xCloud is to empower gamers to play the games they want, with the people they want, anywhere they want. We’re building this technology so gamers can decide when and how they play. While the technology is...
  9. gamescom 2019: Dell and Alienware expand PC gaming ecosystem

in Windows 10 News
    gamescom 2019: Dell and Alienware expand PC gaming ecosystem: Dell and Alienware arrive at the 11th annual gamescom with a complete PC gaming ecosystem aimed at satisfying both die-hard gamers and newer players. [ATTACH] Alienware Aurora The Alienware Aurora brings the new Legend Industrial design – introduced at CES earlier this...
  10. wider screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    wider screen: My laptop screen it seems wider, I tried all the setting steps but I can't get it right? Any idea how to correct it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/wider-screen/2d286f50-48de-4e8c-99d0-a31ec394c82e