Windows 10: Samsung Galaxy S6 No longer recognized by Windows 10

Discus and support Samsung Galaxy S6 No longer recognized by Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; A month ago, I was able to connect phone via USB to both HP notebook (Envy) and HP Desktop (Pavilion 500-070) and transfer photo and video files from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by hwmpg, May 28, 2016.

1. hwmpg Win User

Samsung Galaxy S6 No longer recognized by Windows 10

A month ago, I was able to connect phone via USB to both HP notebook (Envy) and HP Desktop (Pavilion 500-070) and transfer photo and video files from phone to computers and vice versa.

Don't remember if it started after an update, but now neither computer recognizes when phone is attached via USB. Tried all USB ports; all ports work fine for other devices.

On phone with Samsung Tech for 70 minutes. Said problem was with computers. Performed Troubleshooting solution (solution was not described by Windows Troubleshooting function*Wink rebooted; phone still not recognized.

Signed

Despondent and Depressed in Des Moines

thanks for any help

:)

hwmpg, May 28, 2016

2. Windows does not recognize phone once plugged in to USB.

Original Title: Samsung Galaxy S6 plus

Windows does not recognize phone once plugged in to USB. I've tried it in win 8.1 and win 10

Eric Booker, May 28, 2016
  3. JuneRoss Win User
    Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge not recognized by Windows 10

Thanks for your reply. To answer your questions:

1. My mobile is not detected in Device Manager.

2. It does get charged when connected to the computer.

3. I have no issue connecting a USB drive (if, by that, you mean a thumb or flash drive?)

Yesterday, I had over an hour chat with Samsung and the phone finally appeared on the computer. I was able to upload my pictures. Today, with the phone connected to the USB drive, I cannot find it anywhere on the computer.

This is so frustrating and cumbersome. When I had Windows 8.1, I had no problems but then I had a Galaxy S5 mini phone and now have the Galaxy S6 Edge. I think, tho, that the problem lies in Windows 10. I find it difficult to navigate and I am fairly
    computer savvy. Like, where is the recycle bin. I know it's in Windows 10 but when I pull it up it doesn't open.

I wish I could go back to Windows 8.1 but I have heard that you cannot.

Thank you for your help, and if you know of a way I can have my phone appear with ease on Windows 10, I would appreciate hearing from you again. I will now try the troubleshooting directions you sent.

Thank you,

June

JuneRoss, May 28, 2016
  4. Wullail Win User

Have you tried enabling 'developer mode' on the phone and turning on 'USB debugging' on the S6 in the developer menu?

Wullail, May 28, 2016
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there.

On the phone - ensure the right USB mode is enabled when you plug the phone into the computer. Use a USB 3 port plus connector if you have them (transfer is of an order of magnitude faster). Use a full USB3 connector (like portable USB 3 HDD's have). It should also work with bog standard USB 2 connector as well.

On Windows though you will have to click in file explorer the My Computer --then it should show the phone.

I skipped an S6 --no micro sd card possible --that was a deal breaker for me I use the 32GB micro sd card for music / photos etc without filling up the internal phone storage. I think the S6 is a bad choice whichever way you cut it --rare for me to say an OLDER model (S5) is better than a newer one

The S7 though is ORDERS of MAGNITUDE better than S6 -- and even the previous model S5 IMO was also a lot better --both those phones have zero problem both on Windows and Linux systems.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, May 29, 2016
  6. hwmpg Win User
    Thanks for the tip. Forgot password so I couldn't respond earlier. The 'developer mode' was one of the items tried by Samsung support, to no avail. I turned it both on and off, but the response was the same.

herb

hwmpg, May 30, 2016
  7. bltserv Win User
    Make sure you have latest Samsung USB Drivers.

bltserv, May 31, 2016
  8. hwmpg Win User

Jimbo, I checked to make sure USB photo transfer mode was checked on the computer. No dice*cry even with USB photo transfer mode checked.

thanks

herb

hwmpg, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Samsung Galaxy S6 No longer recognized by Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Samsung Galaxy longer

2. Samsung tab s6 lite windows 10 taşır mı

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Samsung tab s6 lite windows 10 taşır mı: Son zamanlarda araştırırken yüklenebileceğini gördüm sadece yazılımın yapımcılarına yani size sormak istedim. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/samsung-tab-s6-lite-windows-10-ta%C5%9F%C4%B1r/a11128f4-a3a2-402a-8f63-3241a5a5e802
  3. How can I cast/project my Samsung Galaxy Book Flex2 Alpha on to my Samsung Galaxy Tab S6?...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I cast/project my Samsung Galaxy Book Flex2 Alpha on to my Samsung Galaxy Tab S6?...: I want to cast my Samsung Galaxy Book Flex2 Alpha onto my Samsung Galaxy Tab S6. I also want to be able to have the projection mode to be "Extend".My Samsung Galaxy Book Flex2 Alpha is Windows 11 & My Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 is: Android 12 / One UI 4.1...
  4. How can I cast/project my Samsung Galaxy Book Flex2 Alpha on to my Samsung Galaxy Tab S6?...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I cast/project my Samsung Galaxy Book Flex2 Alpha on to my Samsung Galaxy Tab S6?...: I want to cast my Samsung Galaxy Book Flex2 Alpha onto my Samsung Galaxy Tab S6. I also want to be able to have the projection mode to be "Extend".My Samsung Galaxy Book Flex2 Alpha is Windows 11 & My Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 is: Android 12 / One UI 4.1...
  5. Samsung Galaxy Buds on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Samsung Galaxy Buds on Windows 10: Anybody using Samsung Galaxy Buds (original model, not +) with a PC? Buds are paired with the PC and device settings say Connected. They are not listed in the available Sound devices, however - just the PC speakers. The Galaxy Buds Manager Windows app correctly displays the...
  6. samsung galaxy s6

samsung galaxy s6: sinse the recent update win 10 does not recognise my samsung galaxy s6. i had no problems prior to the update. usb recognition does not work yet recognises other such as controller. please advize....
  7. Samsung Galaxy tab is not recognized

Samsung Galaxy tab is not recognized: Please help me. I connect my Galaxy Tab 10A through the USB to the PC running Windows 10 but the system will not recognize it. What is the solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/samsung-galaxy-tab-is-not-recognized/4d675956-21e6-45b9-a463-d33b4d548db4
  8. windows 10 doesn't recognize samsung Galaxy tab

windows 10 doesn't recognize samsung Galaxy tab: windows 10 no longer recognizes my Galaxy Tab 10A through the USB it used to but not now what do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-doesnt-recognize-samsung-galaxy-tab/649033fe-bb6e-4ce6-a091-5b2a1230d2cc
  9. Windows 10 does not recognize my Samsung Galaxy 9+

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 does not recognize my Samsung Galaxy 9+: I am trying to download pictures from my Samsung Galaxy 9+ to my Windows 10 computer via the USB port. it works on a different computer but not my new computer. The USB ports on the computer have no trouble seeing my thumb drives.
  10. Samsung Galaxy S6 not recognized, Windows cannot verify the digital signature (Code 52)

Samsung Galaxy S6 not recognized, Windows cannot verify the digital signature (Code 52): Hi, every time I connect my device to my ASUS laptop it charges but I can't transfer files. When I open the Device Manager and I double click on "MTP USB Device" (Which appears when I connect my device[ATTACH]), I get this error: "Windows cannot verify the digital signature...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. s6 not recognized windows 10

2. windows 10 laptop not recognizing galaxy s6

3. s6 not recognized win 10

4. windows 10 does not recognize samsung s6,
  5. windows 10 will not recognize galaxy s6,
  6. samsung s6 not working win 10,
  7. samsung s6 not recognized windows 10,
  8. windows 10 no reconoce samsumg s6