Windows 10: Samsung HMD Odyssey+ is a new Windows Mixed Reality headset

Discus and support Samsung HMD Odyssey+ is a new Windows Mixed Reality headset in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Today, Samsung is refreshing its Windows Mixed Reality headset with some much-needed improvements. The newly announced HMD Odyssey+ is a successor to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Oct 22, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Samsung HMD Odyssey+ is a new Windows Mixed Reality headset

Today, Samsung is refreshing its Windows Mixed Reality headset with some much-needed improvements. The newly announced HMD Odyssey+ is a successor to Samsung’s popular Windows Mixed Reality. This refreshed model comes with some minor tweaks to improve the virtual reality experience.

Samsung’s new Windows Mixed Reality headset comes with Anti-Screen Door Effect display which will reduce the chances of users seeing gaps between pixels. Samsung HMD Odyssey+ has a display resolution of 2880×1600 and there are several other improvements over the original model.

“Samsung strives to develop meaningful innovations that deliver unique experiences to all consumers,” said YoungGyoo Choi, Senior Vice President of the PC Business Team, Mobile Communications Business at Samsung Electronics.

Samsung HMD Odyssey+ features

• It features Anti-Screen Door Effect (Anti-SDE) Display.
    • Samsung’s headset using the company’s technology which has a PPI of 1,233 PPI for an enhanced mixed reality experience.
    • It features a dual 3.5” AMOLED displays with a combined resolution of 1,440 x 1,600 per eye.
    • You can use the HMD Odyssey+’s controller as a flashlight to see inside the virtual world.

Samsung says that the mixed reality headset uses AKG’s premium audio technology for truly impressive and dynamic sounds. The headset also features built-in volume controls to help you adjust the volume.

The most important change is the use of Anti-Screen Door Effect (Anti-SDE). This technology is supposed to address the pixelation issue that affected the last generation model. The Anti-SDE would reduce the spaces between pixels and you will notice significant PPI improvements,

It’s a big improvement as it would also address the health issues caused by pixelation bug. According to Samsung, the cutting-edge display technology addresses health issues such as dizziness or nausea experienced by some users with VR headset.

There are several other tweaks. For example, it comes with a new Inter-Pupillary Distance (IPD) wheel that would help you adjust the distance between the lenses. You can customize or adjust it to match your eyes position and improve the experience with the VR headset.

Overall, Samsung’s new mixed reality headset is a decent upgrade. If you’re interested, you can buy Samsung HMD Odyssey+ headset at Microsoft Stores or Samsung’s website for $499.

The post Samsung HMD Odyssey+ is a new Windows Mixed Reality headset appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Oct 22, 2018

2. Samsung's Odyssey Headset is New Leader in Windows Mixed Reality

Last week, images of Samsung's upcoming Windows Mixed Reality headset known as Odyssey were leaked to the Internet. Earlier this week, Microsoft confirmed these leaks by listing the headset for preorder on their own store with product images, as well as a list of specifications that indicate the Oddysey offers superior hardware and features compared to its competition. The new headset boasts OLED displays with a resolution of 1440x1600 per eye, higher than other Windows Mixed Reality headsets as well as both the HTC Vive and Oculus Rift. In addition to the extra pixels to combat the screen-door effect commonly noticed in VR headsets, the OLED technology is expected to provide improved low persistence, resulting in a sharper image and less blurring with movement compared to LCD-based headsets. In addition, Odyssey is the first Windows Mixed Reality headset to feature built-in audio in the form of integrated headphones. These improvements, combined with hardware interpupillary distance adjustment and a wider field of view (up to 110°) on par with the Vive and Rift, help it stand out from its direct competitors.

Microsoft's Windows Mixed Reality platform is set to be released alongside the Windows 10 Fall Creator's Update on October 17th, and provides a software platform for immersive virtual reality and augmented reality headsets from various manufacturers including Samsung, Dell, Acer, HP, and Lenovo, as well as Microsoft's own HoloLens project. These headsets will come at various price points ranging from $399 to $599 USD. Microsoft's listing puts the Samsung Odyssey's price at $500 USD including motion controllers, which interestingly puts the headset in competition with the Oculus Rift, despite Samsung's partnership with Oculus on the mobile-powered Gear VR. Microsoft has since taken down the listing, but the page is archived.

Samsung HMD Odyssey+ is a new Windows Mixed Reality headset aiCsl7xMitDGaaa8_thm.jpg

Sources: RoadtoVR, Microsoft

Papahyooie, Oct 22, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    How to pre-order your Windows Mixed Reality headset

Source: How to pre-order your Windows Mixed Reality headset - Windows Experience Blog

See also: The era of Windows Mixed Reality begins October 17 Holo - Windows 10 Forums

Brink, Oct 22, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

The era of Windows Mixed Reality begins October 17

Source: The era of Windows Mixed Reality begins October 17 - Windows Experience Blog

See also: How to pre-order your Windows Mixed Reality headset Holo - Windows 10 Forums

Brink, Oct 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Samsung HMD Odyssey+ is a new Windows Mixed Reality headset - Similar Threads - Samsung HMD Odyssey+

2. Windows Mixed Reality, Odyssey + Question/Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mixed Reality, Odyssey + Question/Help: Hello!For the longest time I have been able to press the windows key on the controller to bring up the menu and then proceed to control that pop up menu WITH the controller by pointing and using the laser etc to move around. However recently whenever I press the windows key...
  3. Windows Mixed Reality, Odyssey + Question/Help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mixed Reality, Odyssey + Question/Help: Hello!For the longest time I have been able to press the windows key on the controller to bring up the menu and then proceed to control that pop up menu WITH the controller by pointing and using the laser etc to move around. However recently whenever I press the windows key...
  4. Samsung HMD Odyssey+ WMR headset no longer displaying visuals. Blinking green light...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Samsung HMD Odyssey+ WMR headset no longer displaying visuals. Blinking green light...: I've been having a pretty agreeable time with my headset up until this point, save for some bugs and bumps it was thus far a great entry into VR, yet after a week vacation out of state, I returned and attempted to power it up for a session, to find that it wouldn't display...
  5. Samsung HMD Odyssey+ WMR headset no longer displaying visuals. Blinking green light...

Samsung HMD Odyssey+ WMR headset no longer displaying visuals. Blinking green light...: I've been having a pretty agreeable time with my headset up until this point, save for some bugs and bumps it was thus far a great entry into VR, yet after a week vacation out of state, I returned and attempted to power it up for a session, to find that it wouldn't display...
  6. Samsung HMD Odyssey+ WMR headset no longer displaying visuals. Blinking green light...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. HMD Odyssey Plus

HMD Odyssey Plus: Recently I buy Mixed Reality Helmet "HMD Odyssey Plus" at store "Amazon" in USA. I trying to setup boundaries for mixed reality, but when I holding helmet it in front of me and point it toward my computer nothing happens and "Center" button can't clickable....
  8. New Samsung HMD Odyssey+ for Windows Mixed Reality

in Windows 10 News
    New Samsung HMD Odyssey+ for Windows Mixed Reality: [ATTACH] Samsung has announced a new advanced display technology for the HMD Odyssey+, bringing true-to-life visuals to its entry in the Windows Mixed Reality space that delivers an improved life-like and immersive experience. To push visual boundaries, the headset has...
  9. Samsung HMD Odyssey+ Windows Mixed Reality headset spotted online

in Windows 10 News
    Samsung HMD Odyssey+ Windows Mixed Reality headset spotted online: Samsung’s new VR headset powered by Microsoft’s Windows 10 operating system is set to launch sooner than expected as the South Korean giant has accidentally published the product page. First spotted by a Reddit user, the details of Samsung HMD Odyssey+ were revealed on the...
  10. Windows Mixed Reality Samsung Odyssey 'Make sure your display cable is connected'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mixed Reality Samsung Odyssey 'Make sure your display cable is connected': I purchased a Samsung Odyssey HMD, and I have spent 20+ hours trying to get it to work without success. When I plug it in, Mixed Reality Portal opens, and all the initial checks are green, but when I click next it just says 'Make sure your display cable is connected'. The...