Windows 10: Samsung introduces new and faster 870 Evo SATA SSD

Discus and support Samsung introduces new and faster 870 Evo SATA SSD in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [img] New 870 EVO is ideal for both general and professional use 38% higher random read performance speeds up everyday computing tasks 30% improved... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Brink Win User

Samsung introduces new and faster 870 Evo SATA SSD

Source: Samsung Introduces Latest in Its World’s Best Selling Consumer SATA SSD Series, the 870 EVO – Samsung Global Newsroom

:)

Brink, Jan 19, 2021
  2. Josh_922 Win User

Win10 clean install on Samsung SSD 850 EVO

BLUF: SSD is not listed ubder "Where do you want to install Windows?"

Steps Complete:

1. I've create a Win10 bootable install usb.

2. I connect the new Samsung SSD 850 EVO via SATA.

3. I reboot PC and verify SSD is seen by the motherboard/BIOS

4. Begin Win10 install via usb.

5. Get to "Where do you want to install Windows?" and the SSD is not listed

Problems:

1. Samsung does not offer a driver for the 850 on their website

2. Cannot locate driver elsewhere

Unsuccessful Mitigations Steps Attempt:

A. Format & partition SSD via Windows Disk Management, then retried steps 1-5 above....same result

B. Clone existing HHD onto SSD via "Image for Windows" by TeraByte, then verified SSD contents via Windows Explorer....similar result

Can you please offer some advice on locating a driver for a Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB drive? Or an alternative method?

Thank you

Josh_922, Jan 19, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Samsung announces 870 QVO SATA SSD with up to 8TB capacity

Source: Samsung Electronics Debuts Industry-Leading 8TB Consumer SSD, the 870 QVO – Samsung Global Newsroom

See also: Samsung Electronics Debuts Industry-Leading 8TB Consumer SSD, the 870 QVO - Samsung US Newsroom

Brink, Jan 19, 2021
  4. Samsung introduces new and faster 870 Evo SATA SSD

Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD

Thanks for your reply.

There is no driver software with the drive. The box only has the SSD and an information booklet. I did go to the Samsung website to find drivers but the only ones there are drivers that
    support Samsung NVMe SSDs: SSD 970 PRO, 970 EVO, 970 EVO Plus, 960 PRO, 960 EVO and 950 PRO.

Also, the Samsung Magician software fails to recognize the drive. According to page 8 of the installation guide: "3) Magician shows only volumes mounted with letter." Since
    I can't assign a drive letter that is of no use.

On another message board there is the suggestion to use a SATA to USB adapter which I'm going to try when the adapter comes in on Thursday. After that is third party formatting software.

WalterRice1, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

Samsung introduces new and faster 870 Evo SATA SSD

1. Samsung introduces new and faster 870 Evo SATA SSD - Similar Threads - Samsung introduces faster

2. Problem with Samsung EVO 870 SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with Samsung EVO 870 SSD: Hi!I just installed a Samsung EVO 870 SSD. It does appear in my device management but it doesn't in file explorer and storage management. So i cannot use it. If anyone has a solution i would very much appreciate it :....
  3. Problem with Samsung EVO 870 SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Samsung EVO 870 SSD: Hi!I just installed a Samsung EVO 870 SSD. It does appear in my device management but it doesn't in file explorer and storage management. So i cannot use it. If anyone has a solution i would very much appreciate it :....
  4. Problem with Samsung EVO 870 SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Samsung announces 870 QVO SATA SSD with up to 8TB capacity

in Windows 10 News
    Samsung announces 870 QVO SATA SSD with up to 8TB capacity: [img] Samsung Electronics today introduced its second-generation quad-level cell (QLC) flash drive, the 870 QVO SATA SSD, that is setting a new standard for high-capacity consumer storage. Featuring an industry-leading capacity of up to eight terabytes (TB),1 the new SSD...
  6. Installing a New SSD drive ( Samsung 860 evo)

Installing a New SSD drive ( Samsung 860 evo): Hi there , I am trying to installing a new SSD (2.5 inch , 7mm height) that I brought for my old Laptop . The Laptop has a HDD whose height is 9.5 mm but my SSD is 7mm ….. * My laptop Specs are :: Processor - Intel core i5 2410M 2.30Ghz 2 core 4 thread RAM - 12gb...
  7. NVMe vs SATA for M.2 SSD? Samsung 970 EVO

NVMe vs SATA for M.2 SSD? Samsung 970 EVO: What kind of M.2 do I have? NVMe vs SATA? That is the question here! Hi! I have this notebook: Dell G3 5379 and want to get a fast SSD Drive. Will this one fit? I'm confused about NVMe. My notebook has an M.2 slot and so far I only used traditional SATA 2.5" SSD drives....
  8. Introducing new Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSDs

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing new Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSDs: [ATTACH] Samsung Electronics America, today introduced the Samsung 970 EVO Plus, the newest enhancement in its Non-Volatile Memory Express (NVMe) SSD portfolio. With industry-leading performance and up to two terabytes in capacity, Samsung’s 970 EVO Plus sets a new bar for...
  9. System Image + new Samsung 850 EVO SSD

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Image + new Samsung 850 EVO SSD: Following a successful install of Creator's Update I transferred all files-including OS-to a Samsung 850 EVO SSD (500gb) using Samsung Magician software supplied with the SSD. File transfer went was perfect. Old HDD was removed and replaced with Samsung SSD. Reboot was...
  10. Samsung SSD 850 EVO

Samsung SSD 850 EVO: [img] About This Product Upgrade virtually every aspect of your computer’s performance with Samsung’s new 850 EVO, designed with state-of-the-art SSD advancements including 3D V-NAND technology. As the next generation beyond the bestselling 840 EVO, you’ll get the...