Windows 10: Samsung launches new 12GB LPDDR4X Highest capacity Mobile DRAM

Discus and support Samsung launches new 12GB LPDDR4X Highest capacity Mobile DRAM in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., the world leader in advanced memory technology, today announced that it has begun mass producing the highest-capacity... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

Samsung launches new 12GB LPDDR4X Highest capacity Mobile DRAM

Source: https://news.samsung.com/us/samsung-...n-smartphones/

:)

Brink, Mar 14, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Samsung Mass Producing 2nd-Gen 10nm-Class LPDDR4X Mobile DRAM

Source: https://news.samsung.com/global/sams...4x-mobile-dram

Brink, Mar 14, 2019
  3. Chino Win User
    Samsung Begins Mass Production of 10 nm-class 16 Gb LPDDR4X DRAM for Automobiles

Samsung Electronics, the world leader in advanced memory technology, today announced that it has begun mass producing 10-nanometer (nm)-class 16-gigabit (Gb) LPDDR4X DRAM for automobiles. The latest LPDDR4X features high performance and energy efficiency while significantly raising the thermal endurance level for automotive applications that often need to operate in extreme environments. The 10nm-class DRAM will also enable the industry's fastest automotive DRAM-based LPDDR4X interface with the highest density.

"The 16Gb LPDDR4X DRAM is our most advanced automotive solution yet, offering global automakers outstanding reliability, endurance, speed, capacity and energy efficiency, ," said Sewon Chun, senior vice president of memory marketing at Samsung Electronics. "Samsung will continue to closely collaborate with manufacturers developing diverse automotive systems, in delivering premium memory solutions anywhere."

Samsung launches new 12GB LPDDR4X Highest capacity Mobile DRAM 1zPMFGEIZUQQ8ezq_thm.jpg

Samsung launches new 12GB LPDDR4X Highest capacity Mobile DRAM L3ADTuNHxeIKVVYj_thm.jpg

Samsung launches new 12GB LPDDR4X Highest capacity Mobile DRAM lHI0mzZPk2f5DHNA_thm.jpg

Moving a step beyond its 20nm-class 'Automotive Grade 2' DRAM, which can withstand temperatures from -40°C to 105°C, Samsung's 16Gb LPDDR4X is Automotive Grade 1-compliant, raising the high-end threshold to 125°C. By more than satisfying the rigorous on-system thermal cycling tests of global auto manufacturers, the 16Gb LPDDR4X has enhanced its reliability for a wide variety of automotive applications in many of the world's most challenging environments.

Adding to the degree of reliability under high temperatures, production at an advanced 10nm-class node is key to enabling the 16Gb LPDDR4X to deliver its leading-edge performance and power efficiency. Even in environments with extremely high temperatures of up to 125°C, its data processing speed comes in at 4,266 megabits per second (Mbps), a 14 percent increase from the 8Gb LPDDR4 DRAM that is based on 20nm process technology, and the new memory also registers a 30 percent increase in power efficiency.

Along with a 256 gigabyte (GB) embedded Universal Flash Storage (eUFS) drive announced in February, Samsung has expanded its advanced memory solution lineup for future automotive applications with the 10nm-class 16Gb LPDDR4X DRAM, commercially available in 12Gb, 16Gb, 24Gb and 32Gb capacities. While extending its 10nm-class DRAM offerings, the company also plans on bolstering technology partnerships for automotive solutions that include vision ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems), autonomous driving, infotainment systems and gateways.

Chino, Mar 14, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

Samsung Develops Industry's First 8 Gb LPDDR4 Mobile DRAM

Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., the world leader in advanced memory technology, announced today that it has developed the industry's first eight gigabit (Gb), low power double data rate 4 (LPDDR4), mobile DRAM.

"This next-generation LPDDR4 DRAM will contribute significantly to faster growth of the global mobile DRAM market, which will soon comprise the largest share of the entire DRAM market," said Young-Hyun Jun, executive vice president, memory sales & marketing, Samsung Electronics. "We will continue introducing the most advanced mobile DRAM one step ahead of the rest of the industry so that global OEMs can launch innovative mobile devices with exceptional user convenience in the timeliest manner."

Samsung's new high-speed 8Gb LPDDR4 mobile DRAM will provide the highest level of density, performance and energy efficiency for mobile memory applications, enabling end users to have faster, more responsive applications, more advanced features, and higher resolution displays while maximizing battery life.

The 8Gb LPDDR4 is fabricated on 20-nanometer (nm) class* process technology, and offers 1 gigabyte (GB) on a single die, which is the largest density available for DRAM components today. With four of the 8Gb chips, a single 4GB LPDDR4 package can provide the highest level of performance available today.

In addition, Samsung's new 8Gb LPDDR4 uses a Low Voltage Swing Terminated Logic (LVSTL) I/O interface, which was originally proposed by Samsung to JEDEC and has become a standard specification for LPDDR4 DRAM. Based on this new interface, the LPDDR4 chip will enable a data transfer rate per pin of 3,200 megabits per second (Mbps), which is twice that of the 20nm-class LPDDR3 DRAM now in mass production. Overall, the new LPDDR4 interface will provide 50 percent higher performance than the fastest LPDDR3 or DDR3 memory. Also, it consumes approximately 40 percent less energy at 1.1 volts.

With the new chip, Samsung will focus on the premium mobile market including large screen UHD smartphones, tablets and ultra-slim notebooks that offer four times the resolution of full-HD imaging, and also on high-performance network systems.

Samsung is leading mobile DRAM technology development and is the leader in mobile DRAM market share with its 4Gb and 6Gb LPDDR3. It started offering the thinnest and smallest 3GB LPDDR3 (6Gb) package solutions in November and will provide its new 8Gb LPDDR4 DRAM in 2014. The 8Gb mobile DRAM chip will rapidly expand the market for high-density DRAM in next-generation mobile devices.

btarunr, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Samsung launches new 12GB LPDDR4X Highest capacity Mobile DRAM - Similar Threads - Samsung launches 12GB

2. New Samsung 980 NVMe SSD without DRAM now available

in Windows 10 News
    New Samsung 980 NVMe SSD without DRAM now available: Samsung Electronics America, the world leader in advanced memory technology, today announced the 980 NVMe SSD[1], the company’s first consumer drive without DRAM. Delivering the highest performance among DRAM-less SSDs[2], the new 980 makes blazing NVMe speeds more...
  3. New Gaming PC DRAM Problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New Gaming PC DRAM Problems: I recently built my new gaming pc, using ryzen 5 3600, ASRock B550 Pro 4 motherboard and two sticks of crucial 3600mhz memory. Now, everything works fine when i select the auto dram speed in the bios, and my pc boots into windows like normal. When i select the XMP profile to...
  4. Samsung Begins Mass Production of 16Gb LPDDR5 DRAM

in Windows 10 News
    Samsung Begins Mass Production of 16Gb LPDDR5 DRAM: [img] Samsung starts shipping industry's first third-gen 10nm-class (1z) EUV-based 16Gb LPDDR5 DRAM Following DRAM, new Pyeongtaek Line 2 to produce next-gen V-NAND and foundry solutions Samsung Electronics, the world leader in advanced memory technology, today announced...
  5. A new version for Samsung Magician is launched: 6.1.0.170

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A new version for Samsung Magician is launched: 6.1.0.170: Sorry for OT! I see that old threads about Samsung Magician are closed and I can't open a new thread, so i post here this. A new version for Samsung Magician is launched: 6.1.0.170. 152381
  6. Samsung Begins Mass Production of 16GB LPDDR5 DRAM for Smartphones

in Windows 10 News
    Samsung Begins Mass Production of 16GB LPDDR5 DRAM for Smartphones: Based on Samsung’s 2nd-generation 10nm-class process technology, the 16GB LPDDR5 mobile DRAM package delivers industry’s highest performance and largest capacity [ATTACH] Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., a world leader in advanced memory technology,...
  7. Samsung introduces new Galaxy A20s Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Samsung introduces new Galaxy A20s Mobile: Packed with innovations and optimized for users’ everyday lives, Samsung’s new Galaxy A20s lets you play and share instantaneously in the new era of connectivity. Check out the infographic below to learn more. [ATTACH] Source: [Infographic] Galaxy A20s: Meet the...
  8. Samsung Begins Mass Production of First 12Gb LPDDR5 Mobile DRAM

in Windows 10 News
    Samsung Begins Mass Production of First 12Gb LPDDR5 Mobile DRAM: [ATTACH] Samsung Electronics, the world leader in advanced memory technology, today announced that it has begun mass producing the industry’s first 12-gigabit (Gb) LPDDR5 mobile DRAM, which has been optimized for enabling 5G and AI features in future smartphones. The new...
  9. Samsung Mass Producing 2nd-Gen 10nm-Class LPDDR4X Mobile DRAM

in Windows 10 News
    Samsung Mass Producing 2nd-Gen 10nm-Class LPDDR4X Mobile DRAM: [ATTACH] Samsung Electronics, the world leader in advanced memory technology, today announced that it has begun mass producing the industry’s first 2nd-generation of 10-nanometer-class* (1y-nm), LPDDR4X (Low Power, Double Data Rate, 4X) DRAM to improve the efficiency and...
  10. What would be the highest capacity multimedia storage?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What would be the highest capacity multimedia storage?: What would be the highest capacity type of CD (I call it CD, but I know there are other types...) If I search on Google for "Highest capacity CD" it comes up with 700MB and I know that in not a lot. So, what I'm asking is, what other types are there and what is the highest...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. samsung 12gb lpddr4x package 96 gb density of 8gb per die