Windows 10: Samsung Magician Sata Reader fail

Discus and support Samsung Magician Sata Reader fail in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Samsung Magician can't recognize the SATA 3 and AHCI mode. When I checked the Event Viewer I got an error saying that "Magician SATA Reader fail". How... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kosamchetoo, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Samsung Magician Sata Reader fail

Samsung Magician can't recognize the SATA 3 and AHCI mode. When I checked the Event Viewer I got an error saying that "Magician SATA Reader fail". How to fix this? Is it because of drivers or hardware problem? Specs below.

Intel Core i7 6800K
    Corsair H110i GT
    Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4x4GB) 3200MHz CMK16GX4M4C3200C16
    Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
    Seagate Barracuda 3TB
    Sapphire Radeon R9 270X
    NZXT H440
    EVGA SuperNOVA P2 850W

:)

kosamchetoo, Sep 22, 2016

2. How to Enable AHCI for SSD in Windows 10.

J'ai trouvé ce lienSamsung Magician sata/AHCI N/A?

pour info supplémentaires.

Olivier Dan, Sep 22, 2016
  3. DBusyBee Win User
    SATA drive can't Optimize since Windows 10 upgrade (from 7) - Non-AHCI NVIDIA Controller

Hi!

FIrst post here Samsung Magician Sata Reader fail :) Enjoy reading many posts on here before and usually get answers - except this time

Background:

I have an old nforce590 SLI motherboard with no AHCI option in BIOS (only IDE / SATA). I'm using the onboard NVIDIA SATA controllers, the only other choice is one SIS3132 controller. I'm using the latest Microsoft Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller
    dated 6/21/2006 (it's the only driver suitable for my hardware according to windows (windows update is set to automatically update drivers)).

Problem:

After upgrading to Windows 10 I'm having problems with my Samsung SSD 840 EVO:

• After boot Samsung Magician gives an error "Samsung Magician can't communicate properly with your SSD...". This disables Advanced Performance Optimization, Over Provisioning and more, and Optimization which it says Windows 8 and above does automatically,
      but maybe not atm....
    • Windows Optimizer/Defragmenter says that my c: is a SSD but "Optimization not available"
    • I tried to manually optimize in an elevated command prompt "defrag c: /L" and got this error message, "invoking retrim on c:....The operation requested is not supported by the hardware backing the volume 0x8900002A"
    • I think my SSD is running a little slower now. :-(

Tested speeds in Magician Performance Benchmark

Sequ Read: 227

Sequ Write: 198

Random Read: 10,587

Random Write: 22,320
    In windows 7 previously, I had some problems with the SSD and the same Samsung Magician errors, when using the NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller drivers, and also when I plugged the SSD into the SIS3132 controller and tried Silicon image SIL3132 drivers
    dated 09-15-2010. The MS drivers on the Nvidia SATA ports I'm using now in Windows 10 worked fine in Windows 7 though. All I did was upgrade the OS and this new problem started.

Things I could do to fix it:

• Could try the SIL3132 port but since it didn't work well in Windows 7 I doubt it will work well in Windows 10?! (It's pre-AHCI as well :-()
    • Upgrade the motherboard to get new Sata III ports with AHCI - sorry budget won't allow atm.
    • Restore back to windows 7? But now I've found an almost replacement for DVICO tv software (no sound) and Windows Media Centre (sob). Love the new apps and love the new Minesweeper Samsung Magician Sata Reader fail :) !
    • I could get a SATA controller PCIe card. However I've read that they never reach the full speed potential and my motherboard doesn't include an option to boot from s PCIe card. :-(
    • I've reinstalled Samsung Magician. Tried the NVIDIA SATA drivers (they failed to start). Running out of ideas...
    I wonder if it's something to do with my motherboard having SATA II slots and my SSD is SATA III (though this wasn't a problem in Windows 7, obviously).

Any other suggestions to try?

Please excuse length, trying to be as specific as possible!

DBusyBee, Sep 22, 2016
Thema:

Samsung Magician Sata Reader fail

1. Samsung Magician Sata Reader fail - Similar Threads - Samsung Magician Sata

2. Samsung Magician Software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Samsung Magician Software: Just installed a Samsung 870 EVO in my system. I was reading about the Magician software and was curious if anyone had it installed on their system and if they thought it was beneficial or not. Curious about the opinions both pro and con. 181319
  3. Samsung Magician Software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Samsung Magician Software: Just installed a Samsung 870 EVO in my system. I was reading about the Magician software and was curious if anyone had it installed on their system and if they thought it was beneficial or not. Curious about the opinions both pro and con. 181319
  4. Samsung Magician shows SATA AHCI Deactivated. UEFI show the opposite

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Samsung Magician shows SATA AHCI Deactivated. UEFI show the opposite: Hi, I have just done a new install of Windows 10 (20H2) build 19042.985. I have four NVMe SSD's , one SATA SSD and two SATA mechanical Hard Drives. My Motherboard is an Aorus Master X570. Its Users manual states that AHCI is its default. As you can see from the attachments,...
  5. Samsung Magician

Samsung Magician: So I have 3 machines (Win10 64-bit) and with Magician 5.3.0 installed. One machine has de OP space not located at the end. I can not seem to change this. See screenshots below. Is this a problem or doesn't it matter? Thanks. [img] [img] [img] 125949
  6. Samsung Magician

Samsung Magician: I just tested Defrag for SSD on 2 devices. Either the possible other processes we talked about are so fast that I could not see what else was going on or it only did a single TRIM command. Exactly as it should be. *Smile *Ditto and garbage collection controlled by the...
  7. Samsung Magician 4.7 Released

Samsung Magician 4.7 Released: Samsung has updated their SSD tweaking software. Samsung SSD software page Download User Manual New in Version 4.7 Magician version 4.7 features a number of improvements over version 4.6: New model support: 850 PRO 2TB, 850 EVO 2TB Advanced Performance...
  8. Samsung Magician 4.95

Samsung Magician 4.95: Samsung has released a new version of Magician. All features work in Windows 10. TRIM is turned off so that Windows can perform that task. 37873
  9. Samsung Magician 4.8

Samsung Magician 4.8: Now that Samsung's Magician software is finally available for Windows 10, I have my SSD running with Rapid Mode again. I notice that the application has created a start up entry "Samsung Rapid Mode Notification Utility". This places an icon in the right corner of the...
  10. Samsung Magician

Samsung Magician: Samsung Magician Version 5.2 [img] http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/SW/201707/20170726234338606/Samsung_New_Magician_Installation_guide.pdf ***Important information, please read the pdf*** *Smile Ya'lls truly Cliff [/quote] One thing I hope is, Samsung gets...