Windows 10: Samsung Magician Secure Erase

Discus and support Samsung Magician Secure Erase in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi. I have a Samsung SSD I wish to securely erase. I've got it hooked up via a SATA to USB adapter. Magician software won't work in this configuration;... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by simrick, Nov 23, 2019.

1. simrick Win User

Samsung Magician Secure Erase

Hi.
    I have a Samsung SSD I wish to securely erase. I've got it hooked up via a SATA to USB adapter. Magician software won't work in this configuration; it appears I need to have the SSD hooked up directly to the MB?

Can anyone confirm this, or have a way around it? And, yes, I need to securely erase it so that it is "reset" to factory condition and non-recoverable.
    Thanks.

:)

simrick, Nov 23, 2019
  2. Guntert Win User

Secure Erase SSD Samsung

I have a samsung SSD and a PNY SSD that I installed on my laptop. I get an error and fix complete when I boot up windows 10. I was told I should do a secure erase and reinstall windows 10. I have tired using samsung magician and make bootable USB but nothing happens. My Samsung SSD is my main drive c:/ with windows 10 on it. Any ideas or suggestions?

Guntert, Nov 23, 2019
  3. Cliff S Win User
    Samsung Magician

Samsung Magician Version 5.2.1
    https://www.tenforums.com/attachmen...17b51f" id="attachment80074" rel="nofollow" >
    ***Important information, please read the pdf***

Samsung Magician Secure Erase [​IMG]
    Information New Samsung Magician features a number of improvements over version 5.1:

New features:
    • Firmware or Magician update alarm function
    • Secure Erase USB bootable solution for NVMe device
    • Adopting Diskspd for Performance Benchmark
    • Text drag and copy available in System Compatibility

Fixed issues:
    • Compatibility issues with some controllers
    • Duplicated notices in System Compatibility

Note
    Samsung has updated their SSD Support Site.
    The old link( Samsung V-NAND SSD ) doesn't bring you directly to the downloads any more, but to the new SSD Support Homepage.

To go directly to the downloads for your particular consumer Samsung SSD, go to this link: Consumer SSD | Download | Samsung V-NAND SSD

Also for all SSD tools: Tool & Software | Download | Samsung V-NAND SSD

Original Rant During the Technical Preview
    One thing I hope is, Samsung gets their head out of there butts and start to make Magician Windows 10 compatible. I get a huge boost using RAPID mode, can even make a PCIe SSD weep.

From my Windows 8.1 desktop just done this morning:
    For users:

For Geeks:

One can see my 840Pro 256GB is blazing with RAPID turned on.

Plus I prefer to use their own Performance Optimization tool instead of Windows Defragment and Optimize Drives.

Every build I've tried to install it on causes a either a BSOD or it refuses to boot at all. When upgraded from Windows 7 it won't BSOD but is unstable and Magician crashes taking RAPID with it.

Plus I need Magician to update the disk's firmware(the last firmware update is what put it over the top, and this disk is a couple of years old has had many images and different OS installations:

Cliff S, Nov 23, 2019
  4. sygnus21 Win User

Samsung Magician

Please read again what you quoted. Notice the 2TB SSD drive listed? *Wink

Here's the image of my Samsung Magician software, listing the drives...

And YES, my 2TB SSD drive runs all the time since it's my game drive as well as downloads and data drive. It works nearly as hard as the 950 Pro which is the OS drive.

sygnus21, Nov 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Samsung Magician Secure Erase - Similar Threads - Samsung Magician Secure

2. Samsung Magician Software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Samsung Magician Software: Just installed a Samsung 870 EVO in my system. I was reading about the Magician software and was curious if anyone had it installed on their system and if they thought it was beneficial or not. Curious about the opinions both pro and con. 181319
  3. Samsung Magician Software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Samsung Magician Software: Just installed a Samsung 870 EVO in my system. I was reading about the Magician software and was curious if anyone had it installed on their system and if they thought it was beneficial or not. Curious about the opinions both pro and con. 181319
  4. Samsung Magician

Samsung Magician: So I have 3 machines (Win10 64-bit) and with Magician 5.3.0 installed. One machine has de OP space not located at the end. I can not seem to change this. See screenshots below. Is this a problem or doesn't it matter? Thanks. [img] [img] [img] 125949
  5. Secure Erase SSD Samsung

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Secure Erase SSD Samsung: I have a samsung SSD and a PNY SSD that I installed on my laptop. I get an error and fix complete when I boot up windows 10. I was told I should do a secure erase and reinstall windows 10. I have tired using samsung magician and make bootable USB but nothing happens. My...
  6. Samsung Magician

Samsung Magician: I just tested Defrag for SSD on 2 devices. Either the possible other processes we talked about are so fast that I could not see what else was going on or it only did a single TRIM command. Exactly as it should be. *Smile *Ditto and garbage collection controlled by the...
  7. Samsung Magician 4.7 Released

Samsung Magician 4.7 Released: Samsung has updated their SSD tweaking software. Samsung SSD software page Download User Manual New in Version 4.7 Magician version 4.7 features a number of improvements over version 4.6: New model support: 850 PRO 2TB, 850 EVO 2TB Advanced Performance...
  8. Samsung Magician 4.95

Samsung Magician 4.95: Samsung has released a new version of Magician. All features work in Windows 10. TRIM is turned off so that Windows can perform that task. 37873
  9. Samsung Magician 4.8

Samsung Magician 4.8: Now that Samsung's Magician software is finally available for Windows 10, I have my SSD running with Rapid Mode again. I notice that the application has created a start up entry "Samsung Rapid Mode Notification Utility". This places an icon in the right corner of the...
  10. Samsung Magician

Samsung Magician: Samsung Magician Version 5.2 [img] http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/SW/201707/20170726234338606/Samsung_New_Magician_Installation_guide.pdf ***Important information, please read the pdf*** *Smile Ya'lls truly Cliff [/quote] One thing I hope is, Samsung gets...