Windows 10: Samsung Magician

Discus and support Samsung Magician in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Samsung Magician Version 5.2 [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Cliff S, May 15, 2015.

1. Cliff S New Member

Samsung Magician

Samsung Magician Version 5.2

Samsung Magician [​IMG]

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/c...6/Samsung_New_Magician_Installation_guide.pdf
    ***Important information, please read the pdf***

*Smile Ya'lls truly Cliff [/quote] One thing I hope is, Samsung gets their head out of there butts and start to make Magician Windows 10 compatible. I get a huge boost using RAPID mode, can even make a PCIe SSD weep.

From my Windows 8.1 desktop just done this morning:
    For users:

Samsung Magician [​IMG]

For Geeks:

Samsung Magician [​IMG]

One can see my 840Pro 256GB is blazing with RAPID turned on.

Plus I prefer to use their own Performance Optimization tool instead of Windows Defragment and Optimize Drives.

Every build I've tried to install it on causes a either a BSOD or it refuses to boot at all. When upgraded from Windows 7 it won't BSOD but is unstable and Magician crashes taking RAPID with it.

Plus I need Magician to update the disk's firmware(the last firmware update is what put it over the top, and this disk is a couple of years old has had many images and different OS installations:

Samsung Magician [​IMG]

:)

Cliff S, May 15, 2015

2. How to Enable AHCI for SSD in Windows 10.

AHCI mode looks enabled on Bios, but disabled on Samsung Magician. Also read and write values looks correct. What gives? Is it a bug on Samsung Magician?

TırtoBrass, May 15, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    BSOD UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP EXCEPTION_DOUBLE_FAULT 'probably caused by SamsungRapidDiskFltr.sys'

Hi Ban, are you running a Samsung SSD & Samsung Magician 4.4, with RAPID mode turned on.

If so Updating the Samsung Magician software should get rid of the BSOD's according to the Samsung forum . . .

DaveM121, May 15, 2015
  4. swarfega Win User

Samsung Magician

I wouldn't use some of the system performance tweaks on magician until it says it supports Windows 10.

swarfega, May 15, 2015
  5. topgundcp Win User
    Hi Cliff,
    What version are you running ? FYI, the latest version is 4.6 and I just ran and also updated the firmware for 840EVO. However, the rapid was grayed out.

topgundcp, May 15, 2015
  6. Cliff S New Member
    Thanks for the info Dino, I just downloaded it to my Win8.1 desktop and will try it on my 10 laptop later(I always save installers)
    The only thing different, I see, at first glance, is the disk optimization is not supported for Win8 and above, maybe that is what was causing the crashes(somewhat like running Windows defrag then Defraggler then Auslogics... it can't come out good*Smile).

As to swarfega
    I've stopped tweaking a long time ago(although I might use the term for fine tuning using given settings*Smile) and have let "Windows take care of Windows", including leaving sys protect, indexing, Hibernation on. The only thing I set is Enable Write caching & I turn off Write Cache Buffer flushing(no problem for laptop and for desktop I have a CyberPower - 650VA Battery Back-Up System - Black for protection).

Cliff S, May 15, 2015
  7. fireberd Win User
    I have two Samsung SSD's, an EVO840 and an EVO850. I don't use the Magician as it changed my system/power settings. I had to reset them back to what I use, as I use my PC for my recording studio. However, I didn't notice any difference when I originally used the Magician.

fireberd, May 15, 2015
  8. topgundcp Win User

Samsung Magician

If you install version 4.4 then both options are available:

Samsung Magician [​IMG]

Samsung Magician [​IMG]

topgundcp, May 15, 2015
  9. Cliff S New Member
    4.5 too, That's what I just upgraded from.

Cliff S, May 15, 2015
  10. brummyfan Win User
    I also found it a useless utility, except for any benchmarking figures it offers no benefit to consumers IMHO, I use my SSDs as they are without any tweaking.

brummyfan, May 15, 2015
  11. Cliff S New Member
    RAPID is a must for me... look at those values, specially the ones from R & P Monitor.

Cliff S, May 15, 2015
  12. Cliff S New Member
    Ok Dino, I tried 4.6 on build 74, it doesn't crash, but I doesn't let me use RAPID(it looks for Windows 7 and above but doesn't see 10, I guess it looks for version 6.xxx and Ten is 10.xxx like some other software too) so my first post still stands. Samsung needs to fix it. But thanks any way, I'll leave it in for now while testing. but if they don't fix it I may stay with 8.1 on my desktop and just put 10 on my laptop so the can sync. The laptop is my test machine for software & OS's, being I prefer a "real system" plus I have another drive for it as backup.

Cliff S, May 15, 2015
  13. waltc Win User

Samsung Magician

There's a workaround for the 840--won't work on the 850 (Grrrrr-r-r-r-r 850 is what I have.) Uninstall Magician 4.6; install Magician 4.4 (do *not* let it upgrade to 4.5 as it will want to do)--it will recognize your 840 and will allow you to activate Rapid Mode under Win10. Once you activate it, then install 4.6 right over the top of 4.4--and Rapid Mode will stay on. However, if you turn it off under 4.6 you will have to rinse and repeat to enable it once again...*Wink Hope this helps. It won't work for the 850 because 4.4 doesn't recognize the 850..! So 4.6 doesn't recognize Win10 and 4.4 doesn't recognize the 850. Can't win for losing.

waltc, May 16, 2015
  14. topgundcp Win User
    Yes, that's what I said in the previous post. With 4.6, it'll allow you to update the firmware but Rapid was grayed out.

topgundcp, May 17, 2015
  15. Cliff S New Member
    I had RAPID on 4.5 but it causes BSOD's in windows 10, but thanks, I had thought maybe they fixed it...not.

I hoping they fix it for windows 10, if not oh well to be able to update firmware is ok too.

Cliff S, May 17, 2015
Thema:

Samsung Magician

1. Samsung Magician - Similar Threads - Samsung Magician

2. For some reason when i try to install samsung magician i get the error failed to expand...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    For some reason when i try to install samsung magician i get the error failed to expand...: i just cloned over my old ssd to a new samsung 980 pro and when i try to install samsung magician i get the error failed to expand shell folder constant userdesktop...
  3. For some reason when i try to install samsung magician i get the error failed to expand...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    For some reason when i try to install samsung magician i get the error failed to expand...: i just cloned over my old ssd to a new samsung 980 pro and when i try to install samsung magician i get the error failed to expand shell folder constant userdesktop...
  4. For some reason when i try to install samsung magician i get the error failed to expand...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. SSD not recognized by Samsung magicians

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD not recognized by Samsung magicians: I have a new SSD 4K Samsung 870 SSD and it doesn't recognize it, but windows does. Three others that are already installed show up in Samsung magician....
  6. SSD not recognized by Samsung magicians

SSD not recognized by Samsung magicians: I have a new SSD 4K Samsung 870 SSD and it doesn't recognize it, but windows does. Three others that are already installed show up in Samsung magician....
  7. Hello Microsft support I have a Samsung Magician issue... The issue also effects Gadget...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello Microsft support I have a Samsung Magician issue... The issue also effects Gadget...: Samsung Magician is necessary for the drive I bought, but without it the device works but doesn't show up in My Computer drive screen....Just shows a little gray line for the device but when I highlight the program in the start menu shows a lot more just like the Gadget...
  8. Hello Microsft support I have a Samsung Magician issue... The issue also effects Gadget...

Hello Microsft support I have a Samsung Magician issue... The issue also effects Gadget...: Samsung Magician is necessary for the drive I bought, but without it the device works but doesn't show up in My Computer drive screen....Just shows a little gray line for the device but when I highlight the program in the start menu shows a lot more just like the Gadget...
  9. Samsung Magician Software

Samsung Magician Software: Just installed a Samsung 870 EVO in my system. I was reading about the Magician software and was curious if anyone had it installed on their system and if they thought it was beneficial or not. Curious about the opinions both pro and con. 181319
  10. Samsung Magician Software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Samsung Magician Software: Just installed a Samsung 870 EVO in my system. I was reading about the Magician software and was curious if anyone had it installed on their system and if they thought it was beneficial or not. Curious about the opinions both pro and con. 181319