Windows 10: Samsung printers showing offline , port configuration is not supported

Discus and support Samsung printers showing offline , port configuration is not supported in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; samsung ml-2240 shows offline won't configure port as not supported... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TeresaBatuyong, May 6, 2020.

1. Samsung printers showing offline , port configuration is not supported

samsung ml-2240 shows offline won't configure port as not supported

:)

TeresaBatuyong, May 6, 2020
  2. Jacko28er Win User

Networked Printer showing "Offline"

Hey guys,

I'm having a slight issue with one of my printers in that it's showing offline and I can't print to it.

It's a Datamax label printer which is connected to my network via a Netgear print server, this has then be added to one of my servers for sharing etc.

So far I've tried the below.

- Classic on/off.
    - Removing from server and re-adding.
    - Ensuring that under port configuration SNMP Status is disabled.
    - Assigning to different IP.
    - Restarting Print Spooler.

I can ping it fine and the printer itself is letting me do manual test prints using its interface, but no matter what I cannot get it to stop showing up as offline and allowing me to print to it over the network. I should add that it's worked fine for the past year.

Any suggestions?

Jacko28er, May 6, 2020
  3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    Printer offline

Hi there,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below question:

• Did you make any changes to the computer before this issue started?

Printer will continually switch itself to offline mode due to an IP port issue. To keep the printer from switching to offline mode, you must validate the printer's IP address.

Meanwhile, please follow the troubleshooting steps as mentioned below:

Steps:

1. Press Windows andR
      key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type Control and hit enter.
    3. Click on Hardware and sound> click on Devices and printers.
    4. Select the HP Printer 2540, right click on it.
    5. Uncheck the option use printer offline and select
      properties.
    6. Go to the Ports tab at the top of the pop-up window.
    7. Click on "Configure Port"
    8. Check that the "Printer Name or IP address:" box is the same as the IP of your printer.

You can also refer this link for more information
    about Printer issues.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, May 6, 2020
  4. Samsung printers showing offline , port configuration is not supported

EPSOM PRINTER OFFLINE AND GREYED OUT

My printer shows offline and the printer icon in Control Panel is greyed out. I have tried various suggestions and nothing works. One of the suggestions was to configure the port but when I tried this a pop up stated "not allowed". How can I resolve
    this please?

sheilarelton, May 6, 2020
Thema:

Samsung printers showing offline , port configuration is not supported

1. Samsung printers showing offline , port configuration is not supported - Similar Threads - Samsung printers showing

2. printer shows offline

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer shows offline: My HP M29 printer shows status as "offline" or "not connected". It is the default printer on my laptop and is connected wirelessly to the network. When I try to print, I can see that there is a document in the queue, but it will not print automatically. If I run the...
  3. printer shows offline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    printer shows offline: My HP M29 printer shows status as "offline" or "not connected". It is the default printer on my laptop and is connected wirelessly to the network. When I try to print, I can see that there is a document in the queue, but it will not print automatically. If I run the...
  4. printer shows offline

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. printer shows offline

printer shows offline: I cannot get my PC to communicate with my printer, printer shows its offline https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-shows-offline/4150f42d-8fe3-41c4-96b8-35effa68415e
  6. printer shows offline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    printer shows offline: I cannot get my PC to communicate with my printer, printer shows its offline https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-shows-offline/4150f42d-8fe3-41c4-96b8-35effa68415e
  7. printer shows offline

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. printer shows "offline"

printer shows "offline": when we want to print, we hit PRINT but a note comes up as "Printer OFFLINE". We then hit TROUBLESHOOTER and it will print whatever we had set up to print. However, the next time we want to print we have to go through the TROUBLESHOOTER to print anything. This happened...
  9. HP Printer Offline Support

in Windows 10 Support
    HP Printer Offline Support: Thank you for such a wonderful article. It helped me a lot to resolve my printer offline issues and I can easily set it up to overcome the problem. I have also found that allitexprt.com also provides very useful contents in easy language and if someone still unable to resolve...
  10. HP Printer Offline Support

in Windows 10 Support
    HP Printer Offline Support: HP printers are a standout amongst other printing gadgets on the planet which effectively takes care of all your printing requests for both individual and authority use by giving a best quality printing. The American organization Hewlett-Packard built up these gadgets which...