Windows 10: Samsung SE-506 CB

Discus and support Samsung SE-506 CB in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have got the SE-506CB/RSWDE drive this is an external Blu Ray drive that I cannot get to function with my Dell XPS with Windows 10 which is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Anthony_935, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Samsung SE-506 CB

Hello,

I have got the SE-506CB/RSWDE drive this is an external Blu Ray drive that I cannot get to function with my Dell XPS with Windows 10 which is up to date.

It is able to play DVD’s but will not play Blu Ray disks I have tried multiple disks. It doesn’t seam to spin up correctly.

I use Power DVD 12 and this does play my DVD’s using this drive and i have tried PowerDVD 19 and this doesnt make any difference.

It is using the Driver 10.0.18362.1 from 2006. There does not seam to be an update for this driver this is very frustrating and prevents me using something that shouldn’t have any problems.

I have tried to update the firmware as suggested by TSST and i have been in contact with them and they have only suggested this as the drive is no longer supported but with a generic Windows Driver this should still enable it to be supported any help will be greatly appriciated.

Thank you

:)

Anthony_935, Jan 21, 2020

2. Samsung SE-506

Hi Guys

I have a Samsung DVD/Blu-Ray writer SE-506-CB and it works fine, with no errors, until I install the new Microsoft 10 updates.

On Device manager it give the following message "O Windows não pode iniciar este dispositivo de hardware uma vez que as respetivas informações de configuração (no registo) estão incompletas ou danificadas. (Código 19)", if I translate from portuguese to
    english is like"Windows can't initiate this device because the configuration information are incomplete or damaged (Code 19)"

I have installed Windows Pro 1903 and last update was on 04/11/2019

Can you help?

Regards

Fernando Jorge

Fernando JorgeGomes Goncalves, Jan 21, 2020
  3. Samsung SE-506

Hi

I have tried the first two options to solve the problem, but it remains. Because I am not an expert very reliable I left the other one to the ones
    that have the knowledge, and of course, I need my computer to work.

One thing that I know is, the problem doesn´t occur only with Samsung device, it also occurs with an Asus DVD writer, and the problem is exactly the same.

If anybody have other suggestions please let me know

Regards

Fernando Jorge

Fernando JorgeGomes Goncalves, Jan 21, 2020
  4. Samsung SE-506 CB

My Samsung Blu Ray player not detected by Windows 10

Hi,

Thanks everyone for your proposed solutions. I have a Samsung SE-506 that was not showing up. I had no luck with the fixes listed. For Samsung specifically, their blu ray drives are serviced by Toshiba Samsung Storage Technology (TSST). If you go through
    the Samsung menus and select external ODD, it will take you to the TSST site Firmware - ODD Support English . There you need to install the firmware and then the upgraded firmware once that's done. By doing this I got the drive to read.

I had already followed the registry step and the windows live update, so if you try this and it doesn't work, I'd recommend doing those things too.

Good luck!

Amber

AmberTafoya, Jan 21, 2020
Thema:

Samsung SE-506 CB

1. Samsung SE-506 CB - Similar Threads - Samsung 506

2. Driver Overran Stack Buffer BSOD when connecting Samsung TV SN90C via HDMI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver Overran Stack Buffer BSOD when connecting Samsung TV SN90C via HDMI: As described in the title, I keep getting this particular BSOD but only the instant I connect my Samsung TV SN90C via HDMI to my GeForce's HDMI port. My PC runs perfectly fine otherwise. I have an Acer Predator monitor connected via DisplayPort, and it's my main monitor. I'm...
  3. Driver Overran Stack Buffer BSOD when connecting Samsung TV SN90C via HDMI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver Overran Stack Buffer BSOD when connecting Samsung TV SN90C via HDMI: As described in the title, I keep getting this particular BSOD but only the instant I connect my Samsung TV SN90C via HDMI to my GeForce's HDMI port. My PC runs perfectly fine otherwise. I have an Acer Predator monitor connected via DisplayPort, and it's my main monitor. I'm...
  4. Driver Overran Stack Buffer BSOD when connecting Samsung TV SN90C via HDMI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I got this samsung laptop from my friend and I don't know te password.. How can I enter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got this samsung laptop from my friend and I don't know te password.. How can I enter: I got this laptop from a friend. When I try to open it this is what I get. I don't know the password. What should I do to open it. Please can someone tall me what to do step by step....
  6. I got this samsung laptop from my friend and I don't know te password.. How can I enter

I got this samsung laptop from my friend and I don't know te password.. How can I enter: I got this laptop from a friend. When I try to open it this is what I get. I don't know the password. What should I do to open it. Please can someone tall me what to do step by step....
  7. Samsung T7 ssd not doing anything but is connected and lits up blue

Samsung T7 ssd not doing anything but is connected and lits up blue: it may seem like a weird question to ask here but samsung support failed unless i have a receipt. but yeah the problem i am trying to address is that somehow the t7 just stopped working, it turns on and gets detected, shows up on device manager, and disk management but its...
  8. Samsung T7 ssd not doing anything but is connected and lits up blue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Samsung T7 ssd not doing anything but is connected and lits up blue: it may seem like a weird question to ask here but samsung support failed unless i have a receipt. but yeah the problem i am trying to address is that somehow the t7 just stopped working, it turns on and gets detected, shows up on device manager, and disk management but its...
  9. Samsung 970 EVO SSD suddenly disappears from Windows.

Samsung 970 EVO SSD suddenly disappears from Windows.: Specs:OS: Windows 11 Home 23H2 22631.3447CPU: Core i5-8250USSD: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe PCIe 500gb SSDHDD: Seagate ST1000LM035-1RK172After downloading some files onto the SSD, the entire disk disappeared from Windows completely. Event viewer showed Reset to device,...
  10. Samsung SE-506

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Samsung SE-506: Hi Guys I have a Samsung DVD/Blu-Ray writer SE-506-CB and it works fine, with no errors, until I install the new Microsoft 10 updates. On Device manager it give the following message "O Windows não pode iniciar este dispositivo de hardware uma vez que as respetivas...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

2. samsung se-506 driver