Windows 10: Samsung Sidesync Event ID 78

Discus and support Samsung Sidesync Event ID 78 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Samsung Sidesync keeps crashing on my Computer with a conflicting components error. In Event Viewer it is Source: SideBySide and Event ID 78. Tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by slingbladekarl, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Samsung Sidesync Event ID 78

Samsung Sidesync keeps crashing on my Computer with a conflicting components error. In Event Viewer it is Source: SideBySide and Event ID 78. Tried Uninstalling and Reinstalling on both computer and phone. Also did a rollback on an Windows 10 Insider. It also gives me the same error on my Laptop. Any help would be appreciated.
    Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files (x86)\Samsung\SideSync4\SideSync.exe".Error in manifest or policy file "" on line . A component version required by the application conflicts with another component version already active. Conflicting components are:. Component 1: C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\manifests\amd64_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.15031.0_none_108c4f3adfe7a5f8.manifest. Component 2: C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.15031.0_none_58398611f463cefe.manifest.

:)

slingbladekarl, Mar 7, 2017

2. Unable to connect Windows 10 to Samsung Note 5

Use Samsung SideSync on phone and pc. Open on both devices and connect phone to pc with usb charging cord. Get SideSync in Samsung apps. This is how I download my photos.

siminole_joe, Mar 7, 2017
  3. URIMBici Win User
    Samsung Sidesync

edtghm,hjn cxcvx

URIMBici, Mar 7, 2017
  4. erex Win User

Samsung Sidesync Event ID 78

I have the same issue.
    This week Samsung released a new version of Sidesync. App did not crash so far. However, it creates tens of sidebyside errors. What I did is:
    First, uninstall current (crashing) app,
    reboot and delete the folder of sidesync,
    Download and install version 4.3.0.92 from web and let it to upgrade to 4.7.5.48 on first run.

My solution for these errors was:

Backup the original exe file,
    Open sidesync.exe with Resource Hacker or Resource Tuner
    In the Manifest section;
    Delete this 2nd repetetive dependency section:

<dependency>
    <dependentAssembly>
    <assemblyIdentity type="win32" name="Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls" version="6.0.0.0" processorArchitecture="*" publicKeyToken="6595b64144ccf1df" language="*"></assemblyIdentity></dependentAssembly></dependency>

Compile and save as Sidesync.exe (owerwrite).

I hope this works for you as well.

Regards,

Thema:

Samsung Sidesync Event ID 78

1. Samsung Sidesync Event ID 78 - Similar Threads - Samsung Sidesync Event

2. Event 78, SideBySide

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event 78, SideBySide: Hi,I have CapCut installed but when it got the BSOD i didn't even open the apps and I got this error:Activation context generation failed for "D:\CapCut\CapCut.exe".Error in manifest or policy file "" on line . A component version required by the application conflicts with...
  3. Event 78, SideBySide

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event 78, SideBySide: Hi,I have CapCut installed but when it got the BSOD i didn't even open the apps and I got this error:Activation context generation failed for "D:\CapCut\CapCut.exe".Error in manifest or policy file "" on line . A component version required by the application conflicts with...
  4. Random BSOD Event 41 BugcheckCode code 78

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD Event 41 BugcheckCode code 78: Okay I just assembled my build but after just a few hours got BSOD without any reasonIt was pretty random while I was on my desktop and tried to run RGB software but I doubt it because of that...Here is everything and here are the minidump files: Mini dump.rar<Event...
  5. Random BSOD Event 41 BugcheckCode code 78

Random BSOD Event 41 BugcheckCode code 78: Okay I just assembled my build but after just a few hours got BSOD without any reasonIt was pretty random while I was on my desktop and tried to run RGB software but I doubt it because of that...Here is everything and here are the minidump files: Mini dump.rar<Event...
  6. Event ID 86, event ID 13, event ID 7000, event ID 8193, event ID 10005

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event ID 86, event ID 13, event ID 7000, event ID 8193, event ID 10005: Hello,It's a couple of months I have this problem I think it startet around half of may after a windows update.It's not very frequent but it all starte while playing Escape from Tarkov.Basically my pc froze and I had to force restart by pressing the power button.After I...
  7. Event ID 86, event ID 13, event ID 7000, event ID 8193, event ID 10005

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event ID 86, event ID 13, event ID 7000, event ID 8193, event ID 10005: Hello,It's a couple of months I have this problem I think it startet around half of may after a windows update.It's not very frequent but it all starte while playing Escape from Tarkov.Basically my pc froze and I had to force restart by pressing the power button.After I...
  8. Event ID 86, event ID 13, event ID 7000, event ID 8193, event ID 10005

9. Install Samsung SideSync on pc running the latest windows 10 version

Install Samsung SideSync on pc running the latest windows 10 version: Hello windows community.. Referring to a post i was reading earlier this day (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/samsung-sidesync-4-unable-to-launch-in-windows-10/999371d9-771c-4c4d-9a5c-d85af5c1c368) i came with a solution for me. After installing the...
  10. Event ID 10031

in Windows 10 Support
    Event ID 10031: Good point @swarfega. I find Reliability Monitor to be a much quicker way to zero in on stuff I might actually be concerned about. And even then, much of what surfaces -- IE errors of late which is moving me away from IE and more onto Chrome, Firefox and, to some extent, Edge...