Windows 10: Samsung SSD 850 EVO

Discus and support Samsung SSD 850 EVO in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So do I but I will stand by their monitors. Yup, standing BEHIND them would be the safest place to stand.....sorry couldn't stop myself.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Gary, Oct 19, 2015.

1. OldMike65 Win User

Samsung SSD 850 EVO

Yup, standing BEHIND them would be the safest place to stand.....sorry couldn't stop myself. *Roflmao2*Roflmao2

OldMike65, Oct 21, 2015
  2. Gary Win User

I tried to install them from MSI and it said my system does not support it

3. OldMike65 Win User
    Just for curiosity sake, is that IDE ATA/ATAPI controller made by Intel?? You can check by going into it and checking properties, than Manufacturer .....if its Intel.....and I'm betting it is......you could download a newer driver from Intel. instead of MSI my motherboard is made by msi.....for HP so I can't use MSI's site. and HP's site didn't have the newest driver, but Intel did.
    Now...if you do look, and want to try this, Do your image backup 1st.....which most likely you have already cause you just installed your new SSD. I updated mine last week from Intel's site, no problem. Don't know if it would work the same for you.
    This is just an idea, as I am always screwing around on my computer, another reason why I make lots of backups I guess.*Smile

OldMike65, Oct 21, 2015
  4. aztec506 Win User

Samsung SSD 850 EVO

Yes they were. I'm still using the last one I purchased, 600 gb, for a data drive on my desktop machine. Once I get around to updating my desktop machine with a X99 board, new memory, chip, etc that drive will probably go into retirement as I have two 256gb Samsung 830 Pros already in use on that machine and I have two 256 gb Samsung 840 Pros and a 480gb Intel 730 waiting to be used. Heck I might just leave it in there and put music or something on it and see how long it lasts.

aztec506, Oct 21, 2015
  5. aztec506 Win User
    I use two monitors and I could see myself using three of them. I have a color critical NEC 2090 UXi that I use for Photoshop and my main monitor and an inexpensive Samsung monitor that I use for toolbars and pallets in Photoshop, I would use a 3rd monitor for browsing, office work, etc and just leave Photoshop open on the good monitor with it's pallets on the 3rd one and just leave Photoshop open all the time. I can only imagine the look on my wife's face if she came home from work and saw three monitors on my desk, lol. A friend who makes his living buying/selling stocks, options and such makes good use of three monitors and he might actually have four now. Haven't seen him in years.

aztec506, Oct 21, 2015
  6. aztec506 Win User
    I'm with you Mike. I ordered one of my first desktops from Dell way back when before I started building my own and when I received it it was not configured properly as per my order. I ended up having to go through the Dell rep who serviced my wife's 500+ Dell computer workplace before I could even get Dell to own up to the problem. They finally made it good, but the crap I had to go through was ridiculous. I haven't bought anything from them since and I've probably bought/sold a dozen laptops or more since then.

aztec506, Oct 21, 2015
  7. OldMike65 Win User
    So your video card supports 3 monitors??? and your friends supports 4 monitors?? Really.....those cards must cost a pretty penny.
    But.....as long as it makes ya happy why not! All I need is one, and with just one, can't think of any reason for me to have 2,3,4.
    I didn't even think their was a card that supports 4 monitors??

OldMike65, Oct 21, 2015
  8. Gary Win User

Samsung SSD 850 EVO

It is made by Intel

9. OldMike65 Win User
    Yup most are.....*Smile

OldMike65, Oct 21, 2015
  10. Gary Win User
    Well here ya go

Samsung SSD 850 EVO [​IMG]

11. aztec506 Win User
    I'm still using a X58 Asus board in my desktop (soon to be replaced). If I remember correctly it has 4 3gbs SATA native Intel ports and 2 6gbs Marvel SATA ports. I'm using all 6 ports but I have my OS installed on one of the Intel 3gbs ports because forums were full of people complaining about problems with the Marvel controller. I have AHCI enabled on my OS drive. I can't remember if AHCI was originally available or whether I enabled it during a rebuild. I usually tear down the OS every year or two and reinstall everything to keep things running quickly and it's possible I enabled it during a rebuild but it works fine.

aztec506, Oct 21, 2015
  12. jds63 Win User
    Your welcome Gary, i had a ASUS PC as old as yours and i always had it set to AHCI from the start when bought. It came with Windows 7 64bit i upgraded to Windows 8 then 8.1. PC i have now is newer it came with Windows 8.1 Pro and i upgraded to Windows 10 Pro 64bit again always set to AHCI. Yes, as said by another here it's a good chance you need to set it to AHCI then clean install Windows 10 again, but can be ways without this process, as i have seen.

The IRST drivers usually should be preinstalled before the OS. With my PC Windows 10 had the new SATA Controller drivers (IRST Drivers). Also need to make sure have Chipset driver software installed.Pretty sure it's all Intel on your system.

As far as what you saw from 250GB now showing 232GB same with mine and explained by WordMan here. If have a lot of software might of needed to think 500GB SSD then or put some software on the HDD. As far as games they will definitely run better on a SSD too. I have 2 SSD, 1 for OS and 1 for games, then a HDD for backup.

Let me know if still want to tackle AHCI, but as i said and others it will work o.k. without it, to me if you can do it i would, up to you.

jds63, Oct 21, 2015
  13. aztec506 Win User

Samsung SSD 850 EVO

I doubt if my card supports more than two, I would have to crawl down on the floor to see. I don't want two video cards heating up my machine so that would be a reason not to get a 3rd monitor. My friend had someone else build his machine and I never got a good look at the back of his desktop to see what all he was using.

aztec506, Oct 21, 2015
  14. OldMike65 Win User
    No....NO.....NO Gary, that dam program hardy ever works!!!! I've used it lots of times, just 2 weeks ago, told me nothing was available.....and went to Intel's site and downloaded 2 driver updates for my motherboard!!!!! They installed fine and I got rid of the ones MS installed when I did the clean install for Win 10 Pro. delete that piece of crap....
    Go in to your properties, get some information about the driver version, date, and date it was installed, who installed it, most likely it was MS, write it down. Then go to intel's web site, driver section. should be new drivers listed for your controller listed.

You don't do this much do ya.....*Smile I've been doing this for my computers for ages. Sometimes I get some from HP sometimes I go to Intel. Thing is Gary, even if you find one, download it, install it, when we get the big update Nov 2nd, I wouldn't be surprised if MS removes them again!!! Maybe not.....but that's why we make our image's. *Smile
    Bottom line Gary, if you don't feel cool doing it....or checking Intel's site.....don't. I just thought it might be worth a shot.

OldMike65, Oct 22, 2015
  15. jds63 Win User
    Just be careful with installing drivers even if from the source like Intel read the release notes carefully, make sure it matches your chipset family. Always try the old right click search online for drivers in device manager. Wrong driver render system unbootable, then will be back to square one.

jds63, Oct 22, 2015
Thema:

Samsung SSD 850 EVO

1. Samsung SSD 850 EVO - Similar Threads - Samsung SSD 850

2. RAPID Mode on Samsung SSD 850 EVO problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAPID Mode on Samsung SSD 850 EVO problem: Hi! I have a Samsung SSD EVO 850 256GB and I recently started noticing very slow write speeds. I installed the latest version of Samsung Magician 7.2.1 and ran a Performance Benchmark on the drive it was taking over 2 hours, so I canceled the test. After this, I enabled "Full...
  3. Is this Samsung 850 EVO SSD going bad?

Is this Samsung 850 EVO SSD going bad?: I'm having lots of BSODs and the forum member who is assisting me (Lots of IRQ_Less... and KERNEL_SECURITY... BSODs on 2 month old build - Windows 10 Forums) picked up lots of retry messages from the Beta Collector that I uploaded for my Samsung 850 EVO SSD. Are all these...
  4. Samsung SSD 850 Evo Performance

Samsung SSD 850 Evo Performance: I recently bought a Samsung SSD 850 Evo which i cannected to my MS Surface Pro 2 running Windows 10 Pro using a Type C usb Sabrent Cablrle. After formatting the drive i tried to invoke Rapid Mode but failed. The Magician software does not allow me to do so. I have downgraded...
  5. Locked Samsung 850 EVO SSD

Locked Samsung 850 EVO SSD: Hello! If this has been answered before, please point me to the appropriate thread. Last night we were checking old hardware in our Service Department long abandoned from our customers (more than 8 months). Among them there was a Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD 2.5" SATA. I...
  6. System Image + new Samsung 850 EVO SSD

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Image + new Samsung 850 EVO SSD: Following a successful install of Creator's Update I transferred all files-including OS-to a Samsung 850 EVO SSD (500gb) using Samsung Magician software supplied with the SSD. File transfer went was perfect. Old HDD was removed and replaced with Samsung SSD. Reboot was...
  7. Samsung SSD 850 EVO problems

Samsung SSD 850 EVO problems: Hi, I run the Samsung Magician, and in its System Information, stated AHCI Mode is Deactivated and SATA Interface is unable to be detected. How to resolve this, please help? Thank you guys! [img] 74257
  8. Is my SSD Samsung Evo 850 failing?

Is my SSD Samsung Evo 850 failing?: Hello. My SSD: Ssd Samsung Evo 850 250 GB, motherboard Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 UEFI, So i want to write about my issues with Windows 10 just before format, when i was on MBR partition. I want to be sure that my SSD is fine or not. So listen. Windows 10 get somehow...
  9. SSD Samsung Evo 850 & Samsung Magician RAPID mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SSD Samsung Evo 850 & Samsung Magician RAPID mode: Hi guys, i'm using win 10 pro x64 on a samsung evo 850 120gb ssd. My samsung magician just can't recognize the OS, anyone knows how to fix? Thank you and sorry for my bad grammar! *Tongue [img] 24028
  10. Samsung SSD EVO 850 500GB

in Windows 10 Support
    Samsung SSD EVO 850 500GB: I have a Samsung SSD EVO 850 500GB and while I had been using it on my laptop with Windows 7 everything had been running ok even the Rapid mode, but when I updated to Windows 10, I am getting this error : Rapid mode is in inactive state due to system internal errors. Please...