Windows 10: Samsung SSD 850 EVO

Discus and support Samsung SSD 850 EVO in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Oh yeah one more thing Gary, if you find a driver update for Intel's controller and do download it, Intel's software is smart enough not to update a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Gary, Oct 19, 2015.

1. OldMike65 Win User

Samsung SSD 850 EVO

Oh yeah one more thing Gary, if you find a driver update for Intel's controller and do download it, Intel's software is smart enough not to update a driver that is the wrong driver. It won't install an incorrect driver, most of the time.

OldMike65, Oct 22, 2015
  2. Gary Win User

Then please send me a link.

3. OldMike65 Win User
    That hardy ever works, search for drivers online....blah.....Installing wrong driver sure can mess up the computer big time that I won't argue with one bit, but, like I have been saying for last hour DO YOUR IMAGE BACKUP 1ST then you can play around all you want....and not worry about nut'n. *Smile

OldMike65, Oct 22, 2015
  4. Gary Win User

Samsung SSD 850 EVO

I tied those RST drivers from Intel and I got a pop up saying my system did not support them.

5. OldMike65 Win User
    Gezzz next you will want me to install it for you. *Smile*Smile I'll look.....Gary,,,,,

OldMike65, Oct 22, 2015
  6. Gary Win User
    I did that but every driver I have tried from intel will not install. Send me a link of one that will. Please

7. jds63 Win User
    Extract the zip file for these drivers, found as IRST be 2 folders 64bit and 32 bit whichever yours is, can put them onto a flash drive, go to device manager open IDE ATA /ATPI select correct controller, select update drivers from properties. Select have the disk or let me choose, then go to location where you extracted those drivers.

I made the mistake once putting wrong ones in, no boot, no restore, no recovery worked for me then, why i said be careful do not know if had system image or wanted to do a clean install.

jds63, Oct 22, 2015
  8. OldMike65 Win User

Samsung SSD 850 EVO

Try what jds63 is suggesting 1st......when I log on to intel, they keep checking MY system. Also I would need to know the file date and version of your controller installed now. I can't see your info in your device manager. Your too far away.

OldMike65, Oct 22, 2015
  9. OldMike65 Win User
    I can't without knowing more info on what version/date yours is now Gary.....

OldMike65, Oct 22, 2015
  10. OldMike65 Win User
    So after you messed up your drivers, you could not boot to a DVD or USB device?? That seems strange.....

OldMike65, Oct 22, 2015
  11. OldMike65 Win User
    Hmmmm I quit drinking years ago....but I might need one soon....lol just joking....

OldMike65, Oct 22, 2015
  12. jds63 Win User
    Yep, would not fix it no matter what i tried, repair disc, refresh, system restore. Was wrong Controller drivers in wrong place...oops at the time, my bad. As i had to reset, did a clean install at the time anyway.Turned out OS had the correct one.

jds63, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Samsung SSD 850 EVO

1. Samsung SSD 850 EVO - Similar Threads - Samsung SSD 850

2. RAPID Mode on Samsung SSD 850 EVO problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAPID Mode on Samsung SSD 850 EVO problem: Hi! I have a Samsung SSD EVO 850 256GB and I recently started noticing very slow write speeds. I installed the latest version of Samsung Magician 7.2.1 and ran a Performance Benchmark on the drive it was taking over 2 hours, so I canceled the test. After this, I enabled "Full...
  3. Is this Samsung 850 EVO SSD going bad?

Is this Samsung 850 EVO SSD going bad?: I'm having lots of BSODs and the forum member who is assisting me (Lots of IRQ_Less... and KERNEL_SECURITY... BSODs on 2 month old build - Windows 10 Forums) picked up lots of retry messages from the Beta Collector that I uploaded for my Samsung 850 EVO SSD. Are all these...
  4. Samsung SSD 850 Evo Performance

Samsung SSD 850 Evo Performance: I recently bought a Samsung SSD 850 Evo which i cannected to my MS Surface Pro 2 running Windows 10 Pro using a Type C usb Sabrent Cablrle. After formatting the drive i tried to invoke Rapid Mode but failed. The Magician software does not allow me to do so. I have downgraded...
  5. Locked Samsung 850 EVO SSD

Locked Samsung 850 EVO SSD: Hello! If this has been answered before, please point me to the appropriate thread. Last night we were checking old hardware in our Service Department long abandoned from our customers (more than 8 months). Among them there was a Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD 2.5" SATA. I...
  6. System Image + new Samsung 850 EVO SSD

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Image + new Samsung 850 EVO SSD: Following a successful install of Creator's Update I transferred all files-including OS-to a Samsung 850 EVO SSD (500gb) using Samsung Magician software supplied with the SSD. File transfer went was perfect. Old HDD was removed and replaced with Samsung SSD. Reboot was...
  7. Samsung SSD 850 EVO problems

Samsung SSD 850 EVO problems: Hi, I run the Samsung Magician, and in its System Information, stated AHCI Mode is Deactivated and SATA Interface is unable to be detected. How to resolve this, please help? Thank you guys! [img] 74257
  8. Is my SSD Samsung Evo 850 failing?

Is my SSD Samsung Evo 850 failing?: Hello. My SSD: Ssd Samsung Evo 850 250 GB, motherboard Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 UEFI, So i want to write about my issues with Windows 10 just before format, when i was on MBR partition. I want to be sure that my SSD is fine or not. So listen. Windows 10 get somehow...
  9. SSD Samsung Evo 850 & Samsung Magician RAPID mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SSD Samsung Evo 850 & Samsung Magician RAPID mode: Hi guys, i'm using win 10 pro x64 on a samsung evo 850 120gb ssd. My samsung magician just can't recognize the OS, anyone knows how to fix? Thank you and sorry for my bad grammar! *Tongue [img] 24028
  10. Samsung SSD EVO 850 500GB

in Windows 10 Support
    Samsung SSD EVO 850 500GB: I have a Samsung SSD EVO 850 500GB and while I had been using it on my laptop with Windows 7 everything had been running ok even the Rapid mode, but when I updated to Windows 10, I am getting this error : Rapid mode is in inactive state due to system internal errors. Please...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. samsung evo 850 ssd software