Windows 10: Samsung SSD appears to have kicked the bucket

Discus and support Samsung SSD appears to have kicked the bucket in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Get a load of this. I rebooted my computer this evening, got a message that one app was still running that was keeping it from rebooting. Reboot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Maggidon, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Maggidon Win User

Samsung SSD appears to have kicked the bucket

Get a load of this. I rebooted my computer this evening, got a message that one app was still running that was keeping it from rebooting. Reboot anyway? Indeed and only to get an exciting blue screen with three options. One was F8 which did nothing and the Escape which puts me into the BIOS.
    When I go into Advance, I see a SATA Mode Selection. Hitting the Enter button, I see AHC1 is presently highlighted. There are two other options, one being IDE and the other RAID. Should I select one of those or do you feel my SSD has totally gone to pieces?

:)

Maggidon, Jul 6, 2016

2. IE crashing on windows 10

Generic IE response...and a poor attempt at kicking the bucket down the road. EMET turned out to be the culprit.

ClintOrtega, Jul 6, 2016
  3. Kar Whee Win User
    External SSD drive is stopped by Windows 10 and randomly disconnects

Hi,

I am also facing the same issue after Windows 10 Anniversary Update recently.

I am using Samsung SSD T1 250GB.

Previously before the Windows 10 Anniversary update, when the SSD is attached, plug and play kicks in and the drives will be detected. I choose Windows Explorer as the default program when ever the SSD is attached. From the explorer, I could then run the
    Samsung SSD Application software.

However, now after the Anniversary update, WIndows 10 can detect the SSD as I can find the drive in the Hardware list, but I could not see a drive number being associated with the SSD.

The above behaviors occurs when I am using a user accounts without administration rights. If I am using the administrator accounts, the Samsung SSD T1 Application mentioned about will be automatically launched.

The workaround I did for the non-Administrative account is to run the Samsung application that I have previously backed up. It will then assign the drive number and I can access the data in the SSD.

I have tried the troubleshooting but it does not help.

Appreciate your reply.

Kar Whee, Jul 6, 2016
  4. spunk Win User

The SATA mode selection should be set to AHCI, unless you have more then one SSD or HDD in a RAID Array then you would choose RAID. IDE is for the older IDE HDD's and running older OS's like XP.
    In the Bios, on the Main screen it should list your Drives by manufacturer on your computer. Is your SSD showing in the Bios? If not, the drive may have become unplugged. Check the SATA data cable is plugged in tightly to the SSD and to the motherboard SATA port 1. And the power plug from the PSU is still plugged in tight to the back of the SSD. Make sure the SATA port is Enabled in the Bios. Try a different Data cable, try a different Power Plug from the PSU, try a different SATA port on the motherboard.
    You also can remove the SSD and attach it to a USB Adapter, Dock or Enclosure with a power adapter. To see if it is recognized on another computer.

spunk, Jul 6, 2016
  5. Maggidon Win User
    I'm afraid it is presently set to AHCI and I only have one SSD but do have a HD installed. On the main screen, the SSD is not listed. Being a novice, I cannot go any further than this. I do not believe the SSD became unplugged since the computer is not moved. Would you not think there is a chance the SSD is cooked? And it isn't even thirty days old yet.

Maggidon, Jul 6, 2016
  6. spunk Win User
    There is only one way to find out. Shut down the computer, take the side off and look. Reseat both cables on both ends

spunk, Jul 6, 2016
  7. Maggidon Win User
    Thank you for the suggestion. Just perchance it is the Drive, have you ever heard of an SSD kicking out in so quick a time?

Maggidon, Jul 6, 2016
  8. CountMike New Member

Look deeper in BIOS menu, on some, if SATA is set to AHCI mode it shows in a place where you choose boot order.
    You can also try to set SATA in IDE mode and see if it shows up in main screen where it lists all drives.

CountMike, Jul 6, 2016
  9. Maggidon Win User
    Here's the go! After removing the partition a bit back, I thought all was glorious! Apparently after a bit, Windows begins looking for some Boot file that was removed when I removed the partition. Although all seemed to work well for a bit, suddenly and definitely without warning, when I rebooted the system, it wouldn't.
    I thought the SSD must have burnt to a crisp but no. I was informed the removal of the partition was the problem, so after recloning the Drive again, here I am, a happy clam waiting for my computer to burst into a ball of flame.

Maggidon, Jul 7, 2016
  10. CountMike New Member
    Do you know which partition(s) you removed ?

CountMike, Jul 7, 2016
  11. Maggidon Win User
    No, actually I don't. The C: drive looked as though it was divided into two parts called C: & F: I removed the F: and all proceeded as though normal for a couple weeks. Then suddenly upon reboot, I noticed a message saying something to the effect a program was keeping the computer from rebooting. It said "Reboot anyway" and the rest is history. I seriously thought my SSD exploded because it was not showing on the man page of the BIOS. I did find it in the Advanced. It must have been a partition when removed, took some Boot files with it. Strange though, it worked flawlessly for a couple weeks. Any ideas?

Maggidon, Jul 7, 2016
  12. CountMike New Member
    Only if you changed default drive/partition for some system files like page file, backup, system restore etc.

CountMike, Jul 7, 2016
  13. spunk Win User

Go to Start/Search and type diskmgmt.msc, Right click the diskmgmt results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Disk Management window, in the lower pane, you will see all of your Partitions (Volumes) When Windows installs, it creates a Hidden System Reserved Partition without a drive letter. This partition has all of the Boot info on it. If you delete this partition, the computer will not boot properly

spunk, Jul 7, 2016
  14. Maggidon Win User
    I wouldn't have called it "change" but a "removal of such partition" but then apparently, not intending to, I must have changed something that Windows 10 didn't like. Why it worked flawlessly for a couple weeks or so has got not only be baffled. Do you think something else could have caused that?

Maggidon, Jul 7, 2016
  15. Maggidon Win User
    Spunk, here's a screen shot. I had removed the Data F: previously then suddenly the machine would not boot. I cloned it again from my older hard drive and of course, the partition is there again. I dare not remove it again unless I have a real boring day and I want grief.

Samsung SSD appears to have kicked the bucket [​IMG]

Maggidon, Jul 7, 2016
Thema:

1. Samsung SSD appears to have kicked the bucket - Similar Threads - Samsung SSD appears

2. My hard drive has finally kicked the bucket what should I do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My hard drive has finally kicked the bucket what should I do: After installing a new gpu and updating my drivers from driver easy it asked me to restart my pc. I did. Now it loads for a long time then says error 1962 no operating system found. My hard drive has been making noises from the beginning of the year to now, since my dad...
  3. My hard drive has finally kicked the bucket what should I do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My hard drive has finally kicked the bucket what should I do: After installing a new gpu and updating my drivers from driver easy it asked me to restart my pc. I did. Now it loads for a long time then says error 1962 no operating system found. My hard drive has been making noises from the beginning of the year to now, since my dad...
  4. My hard drive has finally kicked the bucket what should I do

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Fault bucket...

Fault bucket...: When ever i play any games, the computer always crashes and looking into the Event Viewer i get this error:Fault bucket LKD_0x124_0_AuthenticAMD_PROCESSOR_Cache_MEMORY_Unknown_PRV_BANK0_MSCOD0101_MCACOD0135_UC_IMAGE_AuthenticAMD.sys, type 0Event Name: LiveKernelEventResponse:...
  6. BSOD – one of her critical processes has done kicked the bucket

BSOD – one of her critical processes has done kicked the bucket: So, I have this neighbor lady, who is a nice, old woman. She has a Lenovo laptop which she uses to get on Facebook and work on some digital needlepoint program. She had a computer issue, so she called me, because I know slightly more about computers than she does. Here’s what...
  7. Windows kick out external ssd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows kick out external ssd: I try to install game on external ssd, and i did once. But when i tried to install ark, disk usage decreasing to zero and pc kick out external ssd. Then i get disk write error. How can i fix this problem? In a one moment pc kick out ssd and then reconnect , but the...
  8. samsung 860 ssd

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    samsung 860 ssd: I plan on getting a Samsung 860 evo 250 gbs on Thursday. My current stats are i5 3.3 ghz 500gb hdd only 85 used in 6 years, windows 10 upgrade from 7. My question is what improvement does this normally make. I think the programs will start faster but how fast. Will page...
  9. samsung 860 ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    samsung 860 ssd: I plan on getting a Samsung 860 evo 250 gbs on Thursday. My current stats are i5 3.3 ghz 500gb hdd only 85 used in 6 years, windows 10 upgrade from 7. My question is what improvement does this normally make. I think the programs will start faster but how fast. Will page...
  10. Samsung Magician / Samsung SSD 840 series

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Samsung Magician / Samsung SSD 840 series: [img] I get above error; I've updated the intel rapid storage driver and asmedia sata controller driver. My motherboard is an asus z97 deluxe. Help is appreciated; thx ! 59239