Windows 10: Samsung SSD Rapid Mode 0 On or Off?

Discus and support Samsung SSD Rapid Mode 0 On or Off? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I just added a 500GB Samsung 860 EVO SSD to my laptop replacing a 5400RPM 640Gb SATAII HDD. Very nice performance boost. I then installed Samsung... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Ztruker, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Ztruker Win User

Samsung SSD Rapid Mode 0 On or Off?

I just added a 500GB Samsung 860 EVO SSD to my laptop replacing a 5400RPM 640Gb SATAII HDD. Very nice performance boost. I then installed Samsung Magician to check it out and found the firmware was down level so I updated it to the latest. Also noticed that Rapid Mode was Off. I have the same drive in my Lenovo K450 and there I have Rapid Mode On.

I ran the Samsung Magician performance test and the numbers were pretty low on the laptop. I then turned on Rapid Mode, rebooted and ran it again and the performance numbers increased dramatically.

My non-empirical test results tell me Rapid Mode should be on, as long as I have the RAM available to support it as it can suck up to 4GB. Here are the numbers from before and after:

These are with Rapid Mode OFF. I captured this while the 2nd test with Rapid Mode on was running which is why you see it sitting at 92%.

Samsung SSD Rapid Mode 0 On or Off? [​IMG]

These are with Rapid Mode ON:

Samsung SSD Rapid Mode 0 On or Off? [​IMG]

:)

Ztruker, Jan 10, 2019

2. Is samsung rapid mode worth?

read this
    http://techreport.com/review/25282/a-closer-look-at-rapid-dram-caching-on-the-samsung-840-evo-ssd

and then this
    http://techreport.com/review/26701/samsung-850-pro-solid-state-drive-reviewed

eidairaman1, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Ikaruga Win User
    Samsung 840 Pro Gets RAPID Mode Support

Thanks, good guy Samsung!

It's probably your system. I have 840PROs in three systems atm (ion,P35,Z87), and none is freezing with rapid mode enabled.

Ikaruga, Jan 11, 2019
  4. puma99dk| Win User

Samsung Rapid mode improves gaming performance?

I been wondering about the above, that is if Samsung's Rapid mode really do give u any improvement in gaming performance at all?

Currently i am running a Intel SSD 530 480GB for gaming and wondering to get a 1TB just for being able to have more games installed on my SSD and than with the price of the EVO 850 being the best with performance and a solid drive would the Rapid mode be a boost or just waste of memory?

I have a EVO 840 250GB in my work laptop with Rapid mode enabled, but running normal desktop with all the programs and waterfox I can't say i feel it's faster then without.

puma99dk|, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Samsung SSD Rapid Mode 0 On or Off? - Similar Threads - Samsung SSD Rapid

2. RAPID Mode on Samsung SSD 850 EVO problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAPID Mode on Samsung SSD 850 EVO problem: Hi! I have a Samsung SSD EVO 850 256GB and I recently started noticing very slow write speeds. I installed the latest version of Samsung Magician 7.2.1 and ran a Performance Benchmark on the drive it was taking over 2 hours, so I canceled the test. After this, I enabled "Full...
  3. RAPID Mode on Samsung SSD 850 EVO problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RAPID Mode on Samsung SSD 850 EVO problem: Hi! I have a Samsung SSD EVO 850 256GB and I recently started noticing very slow write speeds. I installed the latest version of Samsung Magician 7.2.1 and ran a Performance Benchmark on the drive it was taking over 2 hours, so I canceled the test. After this, I enabled "Full...
  4. RAPID Mode on Samsung SSD 850 EVO problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microphone turning on and off rapidly

Microphone turning on and off rapidly: My Mic that I bought not too long ago just entirely glitches the sound systemI get high cpu usage from Windows Audio service and the microphone activates and deactivates rapidlyIt's a Maono au-pm421...
  6. samsung 860 ssd

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    samsung 860 ssd: I plan on getting a Samsung 860 evo 250 gbs on Thursday. My current stats are i5 3.3 ghz 500gb hdd only 85 used in 6 years, windows 10 upgrade from 7. My question is what improvement does this normally make. I think the programs will start faster but how fast. Will page...
  7. Intel rapid storage on or off?

Intel rapid storage on or off?: Was poking around in BIOS and saw option for intel rapid storage tech was set to off. I have an SSD but wondered if it should on or off. Obviously I didn’t tinker as don’t want to cause carnage but was just curious 104449
  8. Samsung 950 Pro M.2 and rapid mode

Samsung 950 Pro M.2 and rapid mode: Hi guys, finally made the leap from Win 7 to Win 10 and built a new machine as per my signature. It's working quite nicely apart from one minor wrinkle with the Samsung 950 pro ssd and rapid mode. While the 950 pro is fast and bench marks where it should be I can't...
  9. Should I enable Rapid Mode on my new 1 TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD?

Should I enable Rapid Mode on my new 1 TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD?: Any issue(s) that I should be aware of before I made a decision? 79822
  10. SSD Samsung Evo 850 & Samsung Magician RAPID mode

SSD Samsung Evo 850 & Samsung Magician RAPID mode: Hi guys, i'm using win 10 pro x64 on a samsung evo 850 120gb ssd. My samsung magician just can't recognize the OS, anyone knows how to fix? Thank you and sorry for my bad grammar! *Tongue [img] 24028

Users found this page by searching for:

1. samsung rapid mode

2. rapid mode F&Q

3. should i enable rapid on my laptop

4. does magician rapid mode work?,
  5. can samsung ssd rapid mode be used on the 860 evo,
  6. does my pc support rapid mode samsung ssd,
  7. samsung ssd rapid mode,
  8. samsung ssd rapid mode on or off,
  9. rapid mode on or off,
  10. how can samsung magician rapid make sdd faster,
  11. should i use rapid mode,