Windows 10: Samsung SSD T7 Disappeared suddenly while working

Discus and support Samsung SSD T7 Disappeared suddenly while working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hi there, I was doing a very important operation and the Samsung SSD T7 disappeared from the list of devices, it was all going well, Connected to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gabgab, Jan 10, 2021.

1. gabgab Win User

Samsung SSD T7 Disappeared suddenly while working

hi there,

I was doing a very important operation and the Samsung SSD T7 disappeared from the list of devices, it was all going well, Connected to my laptop via usb3 straight to the laptop, i didn't move the cable, was on a table, etc

Is it possible to pinpoint what's happening? it already happened another time when plugged to an USBC-A hub and copying with another hdd and at that time i thought the hub was the problem but seems to be the hard disk or the cable or something....

From Event Viewer:

Disk 1 has been surprise removed.

Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort3, was issued.

and then

Volume E: (\Device\HarddiskVolume8) is healthy. No action is needed.

As i am writing this, the device came back in the list of hard disks and everything seems normal, but something's not right. Perhaps a faulty cable? Can get a new fancy cable instead....

please help.

Best Regards,
    Gabrio

- - - Updated - - -

hmmhm i bent a bit the little square of the usb3 cable connector of the hdd and now it seems not disappearing anymore. damn USBs!

:)

gabgab, Jan 10, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Samsung Releases New Portable SSD T7 Touch external storage device

Source: Samsung Releases Portable SSD T7 Touch – the New Standard in Speed and Security for External Storage Devices - Samsung US Newsroom

Brink, Jan 10, 2021
  3. gabgab Win User
    Brand new Samsung T7 external hdd not available in windows 10 opti?

hi guys,

i just got today a brand new Samsung T7 external SSD which is a little bomb i have to say... one question tho. it seems i dont have the drive in windows 10's optimisation for some reason.

Drive works, everything seems fine and my main internal SSD does the "trim" properly so windows works.

Is that this drive is not supposed to be Optimised? funny from Samsung's software it says that Trim is available... what's wrong? hdd is plugged on in usb3 port right now.
    Samsung SSD T7 Disappeared suddenly while working [​IMG]

Samsung SSD T7 Disappeared suddenly while working [​IMG]

my windows Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19042.685]
    thanks

gabgab, Jan 10, 2021
  4. Josh_922 Win User

Win10 clean install on Samsung SSD 850 EVO

BLUF: SSD is not listed ubder "Where do you want to install Windows?"

Steps Complete:

1. I've create a Win10 bootable install usb.

2. I connect the new Samsung SSD 850 EVO via SATA.

3. I reboot PC and verify SSD is seen by the motherboard/BIOS

4. Begin Win10 install via usb.

5. Get to "Where do you want to install Windows?" and the SSD is not listed

Problems:

1. Samsung does not offer a driver for the 850 on their website

2. Cannot locate driver elsewhere

Unsuccessful Mitigations Steps Attempt:

A. Format & partition SSD via Windows Disk Management, then retried steps 1-5 above....same result

B. Clone existing HHD onto SSD via "Image for Windows" by TeraByte, then verified SSD contents via Windows Explorer....similar result

Can you please offer some advice on locating a driver for a Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB drive? Or an alternative method?

Thank you

Josh_922, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

1. Samsung SSD T7 Disappeared suddenly while working - Similar Threads - Samsung SSD Disappeared

2. Samsung T7 ssd not doing anything but is connected and lits up blue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Samsung T7 ssd not doing anything but is connected and lits up blue: it may seem like a weird question to ask here but samsung support failed unless i have a receipt. but yeah the problem i am trying to address is that somehow the t7 just stopped working, it turns on and gets detected, shows up on device manager, and disk management but its...
  3. Samsung T7 ssd not doing anything but is connected and lits up blue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Samsung T7 ssd not doing anything but is connected and lits up blue: it may seem like a weird question to ask here but samsung support failed unless i have a receipt. but yeah the problem i am trying to address is that somehow the t7 just stopped working, it turns on and gets detected, shows up on device manager, and disk management but its...
  4. Samsung 970 EVO SSD suddenly disappears from Windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Samsung 970 EVO SSD suddenly disappears from Windows.: Specs:OS: Windows 11 Home 23H2 22631.3447CPU: Core i5-8250USSD: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe PCIe 500gb SSDHDD: Seagate ST1000LM035-1RK172After downloading some files onto the SSD, the entire disk disappeared from Windows completely. Event viewer showed Reset to device,...
  5. Samsung 970 EVO SSD suddenly disappears from Windows.

Samsung 970 EVO SSD suddenly disappears from Windows.: Specs:OS: Windows 11 Home 23H2 22631.3447CPU: Core i5-8250USSD: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe PCIe 500gb SSDHDD: Seagate ST1000LM035-1RK172After downloading some files onto the SSD, the entire disk disappeared from Windows completely. Event viewer showed Reset to device,...
  6. Brand News Samsung SSD T7 stuck in read-only mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brand News Samsung SSD T7 stuck in read-only mode: Hi everyone! Basically what the title says: I have purchased a brand new Samsung SSD T7 from Amazon last week, to use as a photography archive, and it is now stuck in read-only mode.A bit of context: the day I received it, I went and did a photoshoot, then copied the entire...
  7. Brand News Samsung SSD T7 stuck in read-only mode

Brand News Samsung SSD T7 stuck in read-only mode: Hi everyone! Basically what the title says: I have purchased a brand new Samsung SSD T7 from Amazon last week, to use as a photography archive, and it is now stuck in read-only mode.A bit of context: the day I received it, I went and did a photoshoot, then copied the entire...
  8. How can I turn off a bitlocker from my freshly bought samsung t7 ssd?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I turn off a bitlocker from my freshly bought samsung t7 ssd?: I just bought two t7 ssds from samsung. I booted them up on my laptop, put some files on them to transfer to my pc at home etc. All worked fine. I also installed the samsung SSD Software on the Laptop and PC. The SSD is being detected by said software on both machines. I...
  9. How can I turn off a bitlocker from my freshly bought samsung t7 ssd?

How can I turn off a bitlocker from my freshly bought samsung t7 ssd?: I just bought two t7 ssds from samsung. I booted them up on my laptop, put some files on them to transfer to my pc at home etc. All worked fine. I also installed the samsung SSD Software on the Laptop and PC. The SSD is being detected by said software on both machines. I...
  10. Samsung Releases New Portable SSD T7 Touch external storage device

in Windows 10 News
    Samsung Releases New Portable SSD T7 Touch external storage device: Samsung’s newest pocket-sized external solid state drive delivers lightning-fast speeds and convenient fingerprint security in a sleek, durable package [img] Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. today announced the release of its latest external storage device – the Portable...