Windows 10: Samsung T5 and Asus Zephyrus with USB C

Discus and support Samsung T5 and Asus Zephyrus with USB C in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My issue is really weird. Have a Samsung T5 ssd and it isn't recognized when I connect it to my Asus Zephyrus M GU502GU using USB C to C cable. Can use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/alexanderbumpertramp, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Samsung T5 and Asus Zephyrus with USB C

My issue is really weird. Have a Samsung T5 ssd and it isn't recognized when I connect it to my Asus Zephyrus M GU502GU using USB C to C cable. Can use it with a USB C to A cable with the laptop though. Have another WD 4tb that I am able to use via USB C to C cable. The Samsung T5 can be accessed connecting to my android phone though. Not sure what I am missing here.

submitted by /u/alexanderbumpertramp
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/alexanderbumpertramp, Jun 29, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

Samsung Announces Portable SSD T5

Samsung Electronics America, Inc. today announced the introduction of the Samsung Portable SSD T5 - the newest portable solid state drive (PSSD) that raises the bar for the performance of external memory products. The T5, built with Samsung's latest 64-layer V-NAND technology, delivers industry-leading transfer speeds with encrypted data security in a compact and durable design, making it easier than ever for consumers to access their most valuable data anywhere, at any time.

"Samsung has been pushing the envelope of what is possible in portable storage and solid state drives for years, and the Portable SSD T5 continues our legacy of leadership and innovation," said Un-Soo Kim, Senior Vice President of Brand Product Marketing, Memory Business at Samsung Electronics. "We are confident that the T5 will exceed consumers' expectations for external storage by offering faster speeds and a solid design that is lightweight and conveniently pocket-sized. It is the ideal portable storage product for consumers and professionals who are in search of a fast, durable and secure device."

Samsung T5 and Asus Zephyrus with USB C tUy8uMrNkn0dUsL9_thm.jpg

Samsung T5 and Asus Zephyrus with USB C ws1VQYSQm05lm3M8_thm.jpg

Delivering stunning speeds of up to 540 MB/s - up to 4.9 times faster than external HDD products - the new T5 is designed especially for content creators, business and IT professionals as well as mainstream consumers to give instant, easy access to data. Also, the T5 is smaller than an average business card at 74 x 57.3 x 10.5 millimeters (3.0 x 2.3 x 0.4 inches) and incredibly lightweight at a mere 51 grams, comfortably fitting in the palm of your hand. The aluminum exterior comes in two distinct metal finishes - Deep Black (1TB and 2TB models) and Alluring Blue (250GB and 500GB models).

With no moving parts and a shock-resistant internal frame, the T5 offers users peace of mind as it can withstand accidental drops of up to 2 meters (6.6 feet). The Samsung Portable SSD Software for PCs and Macs based on the AES 256-bit hardware data encryption makes it easy to configure security settings and receive the latest firmware and software updates. A mobile app is also available for Android smartphones and tablets for even further convenience. In addition, the T5 includes two connection cables - USB-C to C and USB-C to A - for enhanced compatibility across numerous devices.

The T5 comes with a three-year limited warranty and will be available globally Aug. 15 with a manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) starting at $129.99 for the 250GB model.

Samsung T5 and Asus Zephyrus with USB C BKpQjYnheja2Dfja_thm.jpg

btarunr, Jun 29, 2020
  3. btarunr Win User
    Belkin Expands Line-Up of USB-C Accessories

Belkin today announced the expansion of its USB-C product offerings.Designed to support existing and future USB-C laptops, smartphones and tablets, the new line of Belkin USB-C solutions allows users to charge, transfer, and sync at the fastest speed possible today. Available in the spring, the new USB-C solutions include a 4 Port Mini Hub, USB-C to HDMI Adapter, USB-C to USB-A Home Charger, USB-C to USB-A Car Charger, and MIXIT↑ USB-C Cables. The new Belkin USB-C accessories will be on display at the Belkin Booth (South Hall Booth #30445) at the CES Show January 6-10.

Designed with two USB-C and two USB-A ports, the Belkin 4-Port Mini Hub expands the functionality of any USB-C enabled laptop. Simply plug the USB-C tethered cable to the laptops port and connect the desired USB-C peripherals or accessories such as a flash drive, mouse, keyboard, or a printer. For connecting your USB-C-enabled device to your HDTV or 4K/Ultra HDTV, Belkin offers the new USB-C to HDMI adapter. The new adapter supports 4K resolution at 60 Hz (4K@60Hz) for the ultimate viewing experience.

Samsung T5 and Asus Zephyrus with USB C 32a_thm.jpg

For charging at home or in the car, the USB-C to USB-A Home and Car charging kits safely charge the latest USB-C enabled smartphones and tablets. Each charging kit includes a 6-foot USB-A to USB-C cable and a charger that offers a 2.1 Amp output for charging. Additionally, the USB-A port is universal, so it can be used with other types of cables to charge smartphones, tablets, wearables, or other devices that charge via USB-A.

"Belkin is dedicated to creating quality products that support the current standard and make the transition to USB-C a flawless one," Melody Tecson, director of product management at Belkin. "As industry leaders, we understand the importance providing products that flawlessly integrate into people's lives, while also educating consumers about what this new standard means. We have a devoted USB-C resource center where users learn more about the benefits of USB-C, and find the right cable for their devices."

Durable and flexible, MIXIT↑ USB-C to USB-C cables securely plug into any USB-C enable device for a quick charge and sync of files. Also included in the MIXIT↑ family are Belkin's USB-C to USB-A cables for charging existing devices.

Belkin's new USB-C solutions:

4-Port Mini Hub- $49.99
    • 2x USB-A Ports
    • 2x USB-C Ports
    • 5Gbps Data Transfer Speeds (shared)
    • Powered through USB-C host device
    • Tethered Type-C Cable for easy access
    • Charge peripherals with 900mAh (shared)
    • USB-C to HDMI Adapter - $49.99
    USB-C Male and HDMI Female
    • Supports 4K @60HZ
    • 15cm length
    • USB-C Cable + Car Charger - $29.99
    The charger connects to your USB-C device with the provided USB-A to USB-C cable. The universal USB-A charging port can be used with other cable types.
    Up to 2.1 Amps for charging smartphones, tablets, wearables, and other accessories
    6-foot USB-C cable for in-car charging, reaching easily from the CLA outlet to anywhere in the car, even to passenger seats, or hidden power outlets.
    Cable provides data transfer support up to speeds of 480Mbps
    USB-C Cable + Home Charger - $34.99

The charger connects to your USB-C device with the provided USB-A to USB-C cable. This universal USB-A charging port can be used with other cable types.
    Up to 2.1 Amps for charging smartphones, tablets, wearables, and other accessories
    Cable provides data transfer support up to speeds of 480Mbps
    MIXIT USB-C to USB-C Charge Cable (Metallic) - $24.99

MIXIT USB-C to USB-C Charge Cable (Classic) - $19.99

2.0 USB-C to USB-C
    • Connect between USB-C enabled devices
    • Reversible connector
    • 480Mbps data transfer rate
    • 3A charging output
    • 6 foot length
    • The braided cables are available in black, gold, silver, white, and gray
    • Standard cables are available in black, blue, pink, purple, red, green, and white
    • MIXIT↑ 2.0 USB-C to USB-A Charge Cable - $19.99
    2.0 USB-C to USB- A
    • Reversible connector
    • 3A charging output
    • 6 foot length
    • Available in black, blue, pink, purple, red, green, and white
    • MIXIT↑ 2.0 USB-C to Micro-USB Charge Cable - $19.99
    2.0 USB-C to Micro-USB
    • 3A charging output
    • 6 foot length
    • Available in black, blue, pink, purple, red, green, and white
    Also on display are Belkin's line of existing USB-C cables and adapters:

The implementation of USB-C technology means an improvement in the capabilities of everyday devices like smartphones, tablets, and laptops. It will allow for USB-C enabled devices to be thinner and lighter, and will eliminate the need for users to carry multiple cables. All USB-C cables have a reversible design, which means that users can seamlessly plug their USB-C cable into the UBS-C port without worrying about the orientation or direction of the plug. Users will be able to rapidly charge, take advantage of USB 3.1 data transfer speeds between their external devices, and connect audio video outputs such as HDMI, VGA, and DisplayPort with forthcoming adapters.

3.1 USB-A to USB-C Cable - $29.99

Connect USB-C enabled devices with standard USB-A devices
    • USB-IF certified
    • Reversible USB-C connector
    • 10Gbps data transfer rate
    • 3 foot length
    • 3.1 USB-C to USB-C Cable - $29.99
    Connect USB-C enabled devices with standard USB-C devices
    • USB-IF certified
    • 3 foot length
    • 3.1 USB-C to Micro-B Cable - $29.99
    Connect USB-C enabled devices with standard Micro-B devices
    • USB-IF certified
    • 3 foot length
    • 2.0 USB-C to Mini-B Charge Cable - $19.99
    Connect USB-C enabled devices to Mini-B devices and peripherals
    • USB-IF certified
    • 500MA charging output
    • 480Mbps data transfer speeds
    • 6 foot cord length
    • 2.0 USB-C to USB-B Printer Cable - $19.99
    Connect USB-C enabled devices to USB-B 2.0 devices and peripherals
    • USB-IF certified
    • 480Mbps Data Transfer Speeds
    • 6 Foot Cord Length
    • 3.0 USB-C to USB-A Adapter - $19.99
    Connect USB-C enabled devices to USB-A devices and peripherals
    • USB-IF certified
    • 1.5A charging output
    • Up to 5Gbps data transfer speed

btarunr, Jun 29, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

Samsung T5 and Asus Zephyrus with USB C

TrendNet Launches New Line of USB Type-C Adapters

TRENDnet, a global leader in reliable SMB and consumer networking solutions, announced today the launch of its USB-C product line. The new line will feature three USB-C adapters for HDMI, VGA, and Gigabit Ethernet. "TRENDnet is committed to developing reliable products to improve user connectivity, and our line of USB-C adapters is designed to keep users up-to-date with the new USB connector standard," said Sonny Su, technology director at TRENDnet. "The new USB-C line allows users to take advantage of improved data transfer speeds and more power, while extending the life of current devices."

The Type-C port and connector are extremely compact and feature a reversible connector orientation. The new USB-C technology and connector support lightning-fast transfer speeds, and feature an increased power output. All TRENDnet USB-C products are conveniently powered by the computer's USB port, and are Windows and Mac compatible.

Samsung T5 and Asus Zephyrus with USB C 78a_thm.jpg

USB-C to HDMI 4K UHD Display Adapter, model TUC-HDMI
    • Extend or mirror your computer's display to a 4K monitor or HDTV
    • Flawless video with high speed USB Type-C to HDMI connection
    • Max resolution: 3840 x 2160 resolution at 30 Hz
    USB-C to VGA HDTV Adapter, model TUC-VGA
    • Extend or mirror your computer's display to a projector, monitor or HDTV
    • Flawless video with high speed USB Type-C to VGA connection
    • Max resolution: 1920 x 1200 resolution at 60 Hz
    USB-C to Gigabit Adapter, model TUC-ETG
    • Adds a Gigabit Ethernet port to your computer
    • SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Type-C port

btarunr, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

Samsung T5 and Asus Zephyrus with USB C

1. Samsung T5 and Asus Zephyrus with USB C - Similar Threads - Samsung Asus Zephyrus

2. Constant BSOD on ASUS Zephyrus G14

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSOD on ASUS Zephyrus G14: Hi, for these past few months, I'm having a constant BSOD issue up to 5 times a day while using.My laptop info attached below DxDiag.I get constant bsod's, black screens, and screen freezes, and it makes it difficult to get any work done.it mainly happens when idle or under...
  3. Constant BSOD on ASUS Zephyrus G14

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant BSOD on ASUS Zephyrus G14: Hi, for these past few months, I'm having a constant BSOD issue up to 5 times a day while using.My laptop info attached below DxDiag.I get constant bsod's, black screens, and screen freezes, and it makes it difficult to get any work done.it mainly happens when idle or under...
  4. USB 3.0 & USB 3.1 type C does not recognize Samsung T5 external SSD correctly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    USB 3.0 & USB 3.1 type C does not recognize Samsung T5 external SSD correctly: I bought a Samsung external T5 SSD about a year ago for backing up my data. After going thru setup, everything was working fine. I always connected with a USB 3.0 connection on the front of my computer. About a month ago after installing a windows update, now my device was...
  5. USB 3.0 & USB 3.1 type C does not recognize Samsung T5 external SSD correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB 3.0 & USB 3.1 type C does not recognize Samsung T5 external SSD correctly: I bought a Samsung external T5 SSD about a year ago for backing up my data. After going thru setup, everything was working fine. I always connected with a USB 3.0 connection on the front of my computer. About a month ago after installing a windows update, now my device was...
  6. USB 3.0 & USB 3.1 type C does not recognize Samsung T5 external SSD correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Asus ROG Zephyrus Unexpected Restarts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Asus ROG Zephyrus Unexpected Restarts: Hello, my computer keeps restarting unexpectedly. Looking at the system logs, it happens after a Bug Check Event ID 1001. The log message is:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000009f 0x0000000000000006, 0xffffcb83b1b08a20, 0x0000000000000000,...
  8. Samsung T5 conncetion problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Samsung T5 conncetion problems: Hello, I own the Samsung T5 SSD, I had no Problems with it until today. It randomly stopped showing up in my files. It is connected to my pc and shows up as a connected drive under the Device manager. I tried changing it from usb to usb-c port and it didn't help. Please...
  9. Samsung T5 is not getting recognized in a non Thunderbolt 3 USB C Port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Samsung T5 is not getting recognized in a non Thunderbolt 3 USB C Port: I got a T5 SSD, it works really well with standard USB 3.1 Type A port but its not getting recognized with Type C port on my Laptop. My laptop doesn't support Thunderbolt 3. Any suggestions. I use a Zephyrus M GU502GU....
  10. Samsung T5 Portable SSD indexing question

in Windows 10 Customization
    Samsung T5 Portable SSD indexing question: I am trying to search the contents of my new T5 portable SSD drive using file explorer. I confirmed that the drive properties box "Allow files on this drive to have its contents in addition to file properties" is checked. I rebuilt the index including the entire SSD drive...