Windows 10: Samsung T5 is not getting recognized in a non Thunderbolt 3 USB C Port

Discus and support Samsung T5 is not getting recognized in a non Thunderbolt 3 USB C Port in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I got a T5 SSD, it works really well with standard USB 3.1 Type A port but its not getting recognized with Type C port on my Laptop. My laptop doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Soumya Satpathy, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Samsung T5 is not getting recognized in a non Thunderbolt 3 USB C Port

I got a T5 SSD, it works really well with standard USB 3.1 Type A port but its not getting recognized with Type C port on my Laptop. My laptop doesn't support Thunderbolt 3. Any suggestions. I use a Zephyrus M GU502GU.

:)

Soumya Satpathy, Jul 6, 2020

2. USB-C 3 Thunderbolt port on Asus ZenBook Pro won't cooperate with devices

Laptop: Asus ZenBook Pro ux501vw ds71t

Problem:

I need to connect a firewire audio interface to this computer. It did not come with firewire ports. It has three USB3.0 ports, HDMI port, mic/headphones jack, SD card reader, and Thunderbolt 3 via USB Type-C. I was advised that thunderbolt can be adapted
    to firewire. I bought the Apple adapters (no one else, it appears, makes these adapters). I bought the usb-c to thunderbolt 2, and connected the thunderbolt 2-to-firewire to that, and then ran the firewire audio interface into that.

At first, the USB-C port wasn't even recognized by Windows so I updated the firmware and activated the port. Once that was done I plugged in the first adapter and got an error message saying the device may be incompatible and may not work properly. In Device
    Manager the screen keeps on refreshing.

Anyone encounter then solve this problem?

LarrySmileyEL, Jul 6, 2020
  3. thunderbolt 3 to displayport adapter

Hi John,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that inconvenience you are facing when the things may not work as expected.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?

When the Thunderbolt 3 is used with certain eighth generation Intel processor-based Windows 10 systems, there is a possibility that the two USB 3.0 ports on the back of the dock (closest to the Ethernet port)
    may not be recognized properly by the operating system.

However, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and let us know if that helps.

1. Disconnect the pluggable Thunderbolt 3 dock from the system and remove its power cable to turn off completely.
    2. Uninstall the Intel ‘Thunderbolt Software’ present on your system via the Control Panel ->
      Programs and Features and restart the device once.
    3. Download and install the latest version of the Intel Thunderbolt Software published by your system manufacturer. If you are unable to obtain this download from your system manufacturer, you can download a version directly from Intel
      here -> https://downloadcenter.intel.com/do...-Driver-for-Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC8i7HNK-NUC8i7HVK
    4. Restart the system once again.
    5. Reconnect the power cable to the pluggable Thunderbolt 3 dock, and then reconnect the Thunderbolt 3 cable from the dock to your system.
    6. You should be prompted to authenticate/approve the dock. Follow the onscreen prompts for the completion of the process and check the status of the issue.

If the issue still persists I suggest you to get in touch with the
    Thunderbolt support for the further assistance.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Jul 6, 2020
  4. godhawk Win User

Samsung T5 is not getting recognized in a non Thunderbolt 3 USB C Port

Windows 10 is not recognizing a Thunderbolt 2 device

They dont come with the flashTBT_100.exe file as of the newest downloads for the Gigabyte GA-X99-Designare EX motherboards. I have looked at other thunderbolt drivers and cant find it there either. Basically my USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 port on my computer reads
    as a USB-C port with card readers and the like, but my thunderbolt 3 devices it wont read. I just downloaded and installed v 16.1.47.275 of the thunderbolt software from Gigabyte. Also there are no instructions in the .zip (link

here
    )

I only get the "try improving USB Connection" message or "does not recognize USB device" and I can go no further.

I will try the unplug power source for 30 seconds, but as this is a custom build and I'm pretty sure I've done that already multiple times, I dont hold out much hope

Any and all help is greatly appreciated as I bought this board specifically for the TB 3 capabilities for my line of work.

Thanks!

godhawk, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

Samsung T5 is not getting recognized in a non Thunderbolt 3 USB C Port

1. Samsung T5 is not getting recognized in a non Thunderbolt 3 USB C Port - Similar Threads - Samsung getting recognized

2. Thunderbolt 3 port cannot recognize USB Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thunderbolt 3 port cannot recognize USB Drive: hello all,I spotted this issue around 1.5 month ago when my Thunderbolt 3 port could not recognize the mobile SSD drive a nvme SSD driver normally C to C cable. Problem:The system can read the drive normally if the device is plugged in BEFORE the laptop is turned on. But the...
  3. Thunderbolt 3 port cannot recognize USB Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thunderbolt 3 port cannot recognize USB Drive: hello all,I spotted this issue around 1.5 month ago when my Thunderbolt 3 port could not recognize the mobile SSD drive a nvme SSD driver normally C to C cable. Problem:The system can read the drive normally if the device is plugged in BEFORE the laptop is turned on. But the...
  4. USB 3.0 & USB 3.1 type C does not recognize Samsung T5 external SSD correctly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    USB 3.0 & USB 3.1 type C does not recognize Samsung T5 external SSD correctly: I bought a Samsung external T5 SSD about a year ago for backing up my data. After going thru setup, everything was working fine. I always connected with a USB 3.0 connection on the front of my computer. About a month ago after installing a windows update, now my device was...
  5. USB 3.0 & USB 3.1 type C does not recognize Samsung T5 external SSD correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB 3.0 & USB 3.1 type C does not recognize Samsung T5 external SSD correctly: I bought a Samsung external T5 SSD about a year ago for backing up my data. After going thru setup, everything was working fine. I always connected with a USB 3.0 connection on the front of my computer. About a month ago after installing a windows update, now my device was...
  6. USB 3.0 & USB 3.1 type C does not recognize Samsung T5 external SSD correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Thunderbolt 3 USB-C to display port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Thunderbolt 3 USB-C to display port: Hello random willing stranger Today I bought a new usb-c to displayport cable to properly connect my computer to an external monitor because it was time for a new connection cable and I wanted to exploit the thunderbolt supported usb-c port on my laptop and get some lower...
  8. Adaptor for type C Thunderbolt 3 port to connect to USB 3.0

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adaptor for type C Thunderbolt 3 port to connect to USB 3.0: Windows Version 1909 I don't know the right terminology. My new Dell laptop has a type-c thunderbolt 3 port. I'm looking for an adapter so that I can connect an external hard drive that has a USB 3.0 connector. I've looked around but I'm not 100% sure if I will be getting...
  9. Samsung T5 and Asus Zephyrus with USB C

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Samsung T5 and Asus Zephyrus with USB C: My issue is really weird. Have a Samsung T5 ssd and it isn't recognized when I connect it to my Asus Zephyrus M GU502GU using USB C to C cable. Can use it with a USB C to A cable with the laptop though. Have another WD 4tb that I am able to use via USB C to C cable. The...
  10. Welcome to the USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 Era

in Windows 10 News
    Welcome to the USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 Era: [img] USB-C has quickly become ubiquitous, and not just on mobile devices: This incredibly versatile connectivity standard is now pervasive on modern PCs as well. When combined with Thunderbolt 3, it’s nearly perfect. So much so, in fact, that Microsoft needs to adopt...