Windows 10: Sandbox Defender

Discus and support Sandbox Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Useful security tip here in case you missed it. Windows Defender Antivirus can now run in a sandbox in Windows 10 120598 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Steve C, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Steve C Win User

Sandbox Defender

Steve C, Oct 28, 2018

2. Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Oct 28, 2018
  3. window defender

• You will want to print these instructions for offline reference -
    IMPORTANT => DON'T SKIP ANY STEP perform all Steps in one uninterrupted session - If a Step says to reboot
    reboot.

Problems starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

Pləase let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains.

• `~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Oct 28, 2018
  4. Arul_D Win User

Sandbox Defender

Installing Apps on Windows 10 Has Windows Defender Finding Malware

Hi Tommy,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue specific to third party apps?
    I would suggest you to open Windows defender and add exclusions and check if it helps. Follow the steps to add exclusions in windows Defender.

• Type Windows defender settings in the search bar and press enter

• Under Exclusions click on Add Exclusion
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Arul_D, Oct 28, 2018
Thema:

Sandbox Defender

1. Sandbox Defender - Similar Threads - Sandbox Defender

2. How to turn ON Windows Defender in Windows 11 Sandbox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn ON Windows Defender in Windows 11 Sandbox: I want to use Microsoft Defender Antivirus formerly Windows Defender in Windows Sandbox. Windows 11 version: 23H2 OS build 25951.1010 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-on-windows-defender-in-windows-11/60ec4834-92e5-4537-b603-0866d2fa5001
  3. How to turn ON Windows Defender in Windows 11 Sandbox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn ON Windows Defender in Windows 11 Sandbox: I want to use Microsoft Defender Antivirus formerly Windows Defender in Windows Sandbox. Windows 11 version: 23H2 OS build 25951.1010 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-on-windows-defender-in-windows-11/60ec4834-92e5-4537-b603-0866d2fa5001
  4. How to turn ON Windows Defender in Windows 11 Sandbox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn ON Windows Defender in Windows 11 Sandbox: I'v tried "setx /M MP_FORCE_USE_SANDBOX 1" but it doesn't work.winver: 22H2 OS build 22621.2359 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-on-windows-defender-in-windows-11/bf65d067-c8a2-4e24-89c1-aba98dd998d3
  5. How to turn ON Windows Defender in Windows 11 Sandbox

How to turn ON Windows Defender in Windows 11 Sandbox: I'v tried "setx /M MP_FORCE_USE_SANDBOX 1" but it doesn't work.winver: 22H2 OS build 22621.2359 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-on-windows-defender-in-windows-11/bf65d067-c8a2-4e24-89c1-aba98dd998d3
  6. Windows Sandbox - how to run Defender inside?

Windows Sandbox - how to run Defender inside?: NOTE: a previous similar question was answered incorrectly and that thread is now locked. This is not a question about running defender in sandbox mode.This question pertains to the Windows 11 feature: Windows Sandbox.One use of a sandbox is to go to URL's you not sure are...
  7. Windows Sandbox - how to run Defender inside?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Sandbox - how to run Defender inside?: NOTE: a previous similar question was answered incorrectly and that thread is now locked. This is not a question about running defender in sandbox mode.This question pertains to the Windows 11 feature: Windows Sandbox.One use of a sandbox is to go to URL's you not sure are...
  8. Windows Sandbox and Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Sandbox and Windows Defender: I know there is a procdure for activating this, and I have done this several times over, yet everytime I reopen the sandbox software, the option for real time protection is greyed out. It's also hidden from the security tab, and I have to manually search for it every single...
  9. Windows Defender in Sandbox

Windows Defender in Sandbox: Win10 Pro 1909 18363.535 I see the question has been asked at least twice without answer, a few months ago, but trying again just in case there is now a solution. Defender is enabled for Sandbox (setx /M MP_FORCE_USE_SANDBOX 1. Got "SUCCESS: Specified value was saved.")...
  10. Windows Defender Sandbox Test vs Malware youtube

Windows Defender Sandbox Test vs Malware youtube: Windows Defender Sandbox Test vs Malware [media] 146159