Windows 10: Sandbox - Missing Group Policy & Registry Keys

Discus and support Sandbox - Missing Group Policy & Registry Keys in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm testing Windows Sandbox on my Dell XPS 9560. It mostly works, but the vGPU enable option would crash Sandbox, so I tried to inspect my settings,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/driven_under, Dec 29, 2021.

1. Sandbox - Missing Group Policy & Registry Keys

I'm testing Windows Sandbox on my Dell XPS 9560. It mostly works, but the vGPU enable option would crash Sandbox, so I tried to inspect my settings, and found I don't HAVE any settings! What the....? In Group Policy (gpedit.msc), there is no Windows Sandbox folder in Computer Configuration->Administrative Templates->Windows Components. My other PC's have it. Also, the corresponding Registry keys are missing.

I did figure out that having VT-D enabled in BIOS would cause Sandbox to crash, so I shut it off, but the vGPU enable now does nothing. The Sandbox sessions are using WDDM 1.3, which is definitely not good enough, and the Render tab in DXDIAG is missing, meaning no vGPU was detected when Sandbox spun up.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Looking for a bit more than the standard DISM and SFC ideas, tried that already.

submitted by /u/driven_under
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/driven_under, Dec 29, 2021

2. Windows Defender Group Policy Disabeled

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

As you have stated you want to disable the group policy so that you can run windows defender on the computer.

I would like to suggest few troubleshooting steps:

Method 1: Disable group policy from gpedit.msc

• Press Windows key + R.

• Type gpedit.msc and click Ok.(it will open Local Group policy editor)

• Go to Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Windows Defender.

• In the right pane of
      Windows Defender
      in Local Group Policy Editor, double click/tap on the
      Turn off Windows Defender
      policy to edit it.

• Select (dot) Not Configured or
      Disabled, click/tap on OK,

• When finished, you can close the Local Group Policy Editor if you like.
    If the issue still persist you can follow method 2.

Method 2: Disable group policy from registry.

Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the
    article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756

• Press Window Key +R.

• Type regedit and click. (it will open registry)

• Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender

• Right Click on Window Defender to create a new Dword.

• Click on New and Select Dword.

• Type DisableAntiSpyware.

• Right click on DisableAntiSpyware and click on modify.

• Set the value to 0 instead of 1.

Hope this information is helpful. If the issue still persists, you can write back to us and we will be glad to assist you further.

Morris Subba, Dec 29, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    Administrative template missing in group policy editor.

Hi, this is what I see for those 2 registry keys:

Sandbox - Missing Group Policy & Registry Keys [​IMG]

dalchina, Dec 29, 2021
  4. archz2 Win User

Sandbox - Missing Group Policy & Registry Keys

Administrative template missing in group policy editor.

I have Windows 10 version 1909 (OS Build 18363.1171).I want to speed up the loading of thumbnails in the file explorer for pdf files. I went to this article and it lists the steps that involve editing the group policy. https://www.guidingtech.com/speed-up-thumbnail-loading-windows-10/

Unfortunately, I am not getting the administrative template in my group policy editor and cannot proceed.

I am the sole user of my laptop with admin privileges. Please advise.

I tried installing admin templates from this link but it didn't solve my issue.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...aspx?id=102157

archz2, Dec 29, 2021
Thema:

Sandbox - Missing Group Policy & Registry Keys

1. Sandbox - Missing Group Policy & Registry Keys - Similar Threads - Sandbox Missing Group

2. missing sandbox group policy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    missing sandbox group policy: im trying to disable networking in windows sandbox but in both the registry and group policy neither entry is there for windows sandbox https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-sandbox-group-policy/9680119b-9968-46e8-a1c0-502f7aa756f1
  3. missing sandbox group policy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    missing sandbox group policy: im trying to disable networking in windows sandbox but in both the registry and group policy neither entry is there for windows sandbox https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-sandbox-group-policy/9680119b-9968-46e8-a1c0-502f7aa756f1
  4. missing sandbox group policy

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Missing group policies for Sandbox to enable vGPU

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing group policies for Sandbox to enable vGPU: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/edapstah_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kx1wq0/missing_group_policies_for_sandbox_to_enable_vgpu/
  6. Missing group policies for Sandbox to enable vGPU

Missing group policies for Sandbox to enable vGPU: Windows 10 Professional Intel i7 9700K, Nvidia RTX 2080, 32GB RAM I'm interested in enabling vGPU support for Windows Sandbox. The guides show this should be possible via group policy editor, or by changing a registry entry. However on my system I have no such group...
  7. group policy is missing in my laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    group policy is missing in my laptop: i need to disable smartscreen protection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/group-policy-is-missing-in-my-laptop/9587bfe8-0324-4f0e-b405-27ba997db382
  8. NEED HELP!!!!!! Registry key was changed using Group Policy

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    NEED HELP!!!!!! Registry key was changed using Group Policy: Hacker acceded my computer remotely and changed my registry key using group policy. Malware is affecting exploerer and chrome as well as other apps. I can still log into my account but can't do much even though I am the administrator. I don't know what to do ?!?!...
  9. Group Policy Object Missing

Group Policy Object Missing: Hi All - I run GPResult /R and see 9 GPO's applied. I then jump over to the server and only see 8 GPO's under "Group Policy Objects". Of course, the one GPO that I need to work on is missing. I searched and found a few potential solutions but they didn't fix my issue. I...
  10. Group Policy missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Group Policy missing: Hi, I was trying to disable Windows Defender (caused a BSOD which caused an update failure), and tried to run gpedit.msc. It didn't exist. I tried using CMD to install it, failed to install. Apparently the files are missing from system32 and are now in syswow64. Is it safe to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Sandbox missing