Windows 10: Sandbox/WDAG not opening on domain-connected machine

Discus and support Sandbox/WDAG not opening on domain-connected machine in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have noticed that if I try to launch Windows Sandbox OR Windows Defender Application Guard on a machine that is connected to our domain it will not... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jgarcia_kingranch, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Sandbox/WDAG not opening on domain-connected machine

I have noticed that if I try to launch Windows Sandbox OR Windows Defender Application Guard on a machine that is connected to our domain it will not launch. However, if the machine stays off or leaves the domain these features return back to normal.

When connected to the domain, this is what I get for both applications:

Sandbox/WDAG not opening on domain-connected machine 369a6686-1528-4ee4-b956-04dd7b0c5315?upload=true.png

Sandbox/WDAG not opening on domain-connected machine 51957249-a4c1-4700-be33-c03b6b4ae7fc?upload=true.png

WDAG Report - Container: Error: 0x80070569, Ext error: 0x00000001; RDP: Error: 0x00000000, Ext error: 0x00000000 Location: 0x00000000

I am logged in as an administrator both off and on the domain and no matter what machine I try the results are the same. My test machines are Dells with one running Win10 Pro1903 (OS Build 18362.239) and another running Win10 Pro Insider Preview 1903 (OS Build 18932.1000 - rs pre-release 190628-1650

Can anyone tell me if they have run into this issue, and if so, what you did to correct it?

:)

jgarcia_kingranch, Jul 18, 2019
  2. Mala_S Win User

No internet connection on Windows Sandbox

Hello bvonr,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Ideally, if your computer is connected to the internet, even the Sandbox has to be connected. There is no extra setting to turn on/off internet for Sandbox. Few issues regarding network connection on Virtual machines and Sandbox has been resolved
    just by updating to the latest build. Kindly check with the steps listed below and see if it works.

Method 1: Disable Antivirus software.

I would suggest you to disable all the security software applications (e.g. Norton, McAfee) that are installed on your host (main) machine. It could be blocking the internet connection, so disable it and see if the issue persists.

Disclaimer: If you have Windows 10, you’ll get the latest antivirus protection with Windows Defender. When you start up Windows 10 for the first time, Windows Defender is on and actively helping to protect
    your PC by scanning for malware (malicious software), viruses, and security threats. Windows Defender uses real-time protection to scan everything you download or run on your PC. Windows Update downloads updates for Windows Defender automatically to help keep
    your PC safe and protect it from threats.

If the above suggestions doesn’t fix, kindly check with the method 2.

Method 2: Disable and enable the Sandbox feature from Control Panel.

Go to Control Panel >
    Programs
    > Programs and Features > from the left top, select
    Turn Windows features on or off > Scroll down to Sandbox, disable and enable it to check if it works.

Additionally, you may also refer to the suggestions provided in the article on
    Windows Sandbox has NO Internet when the
    host is connected to a VPN

Please let us know the results. We are glad to help you further if the issue persists.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Jul 18, 2019
  3. bvonr Win User
    No internet connection on Windows Sandbox

Thanks so much for the info. I disabled Norton Auto Protect and Smart Firewall and sure enough I had internet on Sandbox. I am questioning why Norton would block the Ethernet adapters in Sandbox though??? Do you know what settings I need to change in Norton
    to allow the Sandbox to work right by any chance. If not don't worry, now that I know what the problem is I will talk to Norton. Again Thanks Sandbox/WDAG not opening on domain-connected machine :)

bvonr, Jul 18, 2019
  4. sammy Win User

Sandbox/WDAG not opening on domain-connected machine

Question:- How to add client to domain from domain controller side?

Hi Guys,

-I have domain called lab.com created on virtual machine Windows Server 2008
    -I have added a client machine Linux machine rhel6 to domain lab.com in /etc/host file
    -I am able to ping DC from linux machine by IP and hostname .
    But from DC I can only ping Linux machine by IP address and not by its hostname "rhel61.lab.com"

I don't want to add linux machine entry to DC's hosts file as it is DC so it should resolve it

But I wish to know what step or doings I am missing from DC side that I am not able to ping linux machine by its hostname.

Please suggest.

Thanks.

sammy, Jul 18, 2019
Thema:

Sandbox/WDAG not opening on domain-connected machine

1. Sandbox/WDAG not opening on domain-connected machine - Similar Threads - Sandbox WDAG opening

2. Joining a virtual machine to a domain?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Joining a virtual machine to a domain?: Hi everybody. Long backstory, but I work in IT at a small school system. We need to share a video camera resource with local law enforcement, so we were trying to port forward on our Meraki network to an on-premises machine we have that runs a virtual machine. It's just a...
  3. Joining a virtual machine to a domain?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Joining a virtual machine to a domain?: Hi everybody. Long backstory, but I work in IT at a small school system. We need to share a video camera resource with local law enforcement, so we were trying to port forward on our Meraki network to an on-premises machine we have that runs a virtual machine. It's just a...
  4. Joining a virtual machine to a domain?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. WDAG is blocking the domain users on the laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WDAG is blocking the domain users on the laptop.: When I enable the service Microsoft Defender Application Guard on the laptop. It immediately blocks the domain users on the laptop and the desktop icons will go missing and the window will start behaving weirdly when logged on as domain user. And when I go and check the users...
  6. WDAG is blocking the domain users on the laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WDAG is blocking the domain users on the laptop.: When I enable the service Microsoft Defender Application Guard on the laptop. It immediately blocks the domain users on the laptop and the desktop icons will go missing and the window will start behaving weirdly when logged on as domain user. And when I go and check the users...
  7. WDAG is blocking the domain users on the laptop.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Microsoft admits Windows 10 bug crashes Sandbox and WDAG

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft admits Windows 10 bug crashes Sandbox and WDAG: Microsoft has been throttling the rollout of the May 2020 Update for Windows 10 to identify and address bugs that might have been skipped during the beta testing last year. It appears that Windows 10 version 2004, version 1909, and even version 1903 updates are plagued with a...
  9. WDAG - Application Guard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WDAG - Application Guard: Hello, We are seeing performance problems on boot and usage of skype on several thousand machines running application guard. The CPU on a cold boot on gen 8 i5, ssd, 8 gig of ram lasts around two minutes and along with all the other services starting impacts the initial...
  10. Sandbox And WDAG Error 0xc0370106 Fix ??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sandbox And WDAG Error 0xc0370106 Fix ??: When Can We Expect A Fix For This Error Seen in Windows 10 v1903 As Many Users Are Facing This Issue Because Of Recent Update In May Which Was A Microcode Update For Intel Processors That Broke Down These Two Features And The Update Cannot Be Uninstalled. Tomorrow Is Patch...