Windows 10: Sandbox wont start

Discus and support Sandbox wont start in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I get this error when I try to open sandbox Windows Sandbox failed to start. Error 0x80070015. The device is not ready. I googled but a fix for... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by William40, Jun 8, 2019.

1. William40 Win User

Sandbox wont start

I get this error when I try to open sandbox

I googled but a fix for enable volume shadow copy service did not fix the problem, any advise ? it work on my friend PC !!

:)

William40, Jun 8, 2019
  2. Naresh_K Win User

Microsoft sandbox stoped working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please be informed that our developer team is aware of the issues with Sandbox and is working on resolving it. We do not have an ETA as of now, however I encourage you to send a feedback to our developer team via
    Feedback hub. As a suggestion you can try disabling and enabling
    the sandbox to check if that works. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Control Panel.
    2. Then click on all Control Panel Items.
    3. Then click on Programs and features.
    4. Then on the left hand side, click on Turn Windows features on or off.
    5. Then uncheck the option: Windows Sandbox.
    6. Then restart your computer.
    7. After restart, please enable it and check if the sandbox is working.

Also make sure that you meet all the requirements for Windows Sandbox.
    Your patience and understanding will be appreciated in this matter.

Regards

Naresh_K, Jun 8, 2019
  3. Naresh_K Win User
    windows sandbox Not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

There is a possibility that the feature is corrupted or not set up properly. I would advise you to disable Windows Sandbox first and then enable it. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Control Panel.
    2. Then click on all Control Panel Items.
    3. Then click on Programs and features.
    4. Then on the left hand side, click on Turn Windows features on or off.
    5. Then uncheck the option: Windows Sandbox.
    6. Then restart your computer.
    7. After restart, please enable it and check if the sandbox is working.

Also make sure that you meet all the requirements for Windows Sandbox.

Regards,

Naresh_K, Jun 8, 2019
  4. Sandbox wont start

Can't open Windows Sandbox Error 0x80070002

Microsoft has acknowledged this issue now:

Windows Sandbox may fail to start with error code “0x80070002”Windows Sandbox may fail to start with "ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND (0x80070002)" on devices in which the operating system language is changed during the update process when installing Windows 10, version 1903.

Affected platforms:
    • Client: Windows 10, version 1903

Next steps: We are working on a resolution and estimate a solution will be available in late June.

hsehestedt, Jun 8, 2019
Thema:

Sandbox wont start

1. Sandbox wont start - Similar Threads - Sandbox wont start

2. Windows Sandbox Failed To Start

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Sandbox Failed To Start: Hi, I am running Windows 10 Pro 1909 Build 18396.900 on an Intel Hades Canyon with 32 Gigabytes of RAM and two NvME Drives from Samsung and Crucial. Virtualization is turned on in Bios Trying to experiment with Windows Sandbox but keep getting error Windows Sandbox...
  3. Windows Sandbox failed to start. 0xffffffff

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Sandbox failed to start. 0xffffffff: This is related to this April 2020 thread which was was locked without any responses to it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-sandbox-failed-to-start-0xffffffff/b74a8cf9-f55d-4f66-bfd8-575b4604b738 Happening on Windows 10 2004 10.0.19041 Any...
  4. Sandbox won't start

Sandbox won't start: I'm running Windows Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363. It's been awhile since I enabled and used the sandbox, and I wanted to use it yesterday. I enabled the necessary virtualization and sandbox components. When I run the sandbox, the virtual machine screen comes up to...
  5. Windows Sandbox failed to start. 0xffffffff

Windows Sandbox failed to start. 0xffffffff: Win 10 version 1909 OS Build: 18363.752 Antivirus: McAfee Total Protection v16.0 16.0.R24 WSL Enabled As the subject stated, I am unable to start sandbox with given error. Windows Sandbox failed to start. 0xffffffff Error: [ATTACH] List of Updates as follow:...
  6. Windows sandbox does not start

Windows sandbox does not start: I recently tried to use windows sandbox after enabling everything that's needed. However, when I run it I get the administrator prompt and then I get the icon, and that's it. I just see the windows sandbox icon on a blue background. Nothing starts. When I alt+tab there is no...
  7. Windows Sandbox not found in start menu

Windows Sandbox not found in start menu: Today I have manually updated Windows 10 to 1903 with the Update Tool. I activated Windows Sandbox in Windows Features and restarted my notebook. I have Hyper-v already enabled because I use Ubuntu virtualized. I have Windows 10 Pro. When I search Windows Sandbox in the...
  8. Windows Sandbox not found in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Sandbox not found in start menu: Today I have manually updated Windows 10 to 1903 with the Update Tool. I activated Windows Sandbox in Windows Features and restarted my notebook. I have Hyper-v already enabled because I use Ubuntu virtualized. I have Windows 10 Pro. When I search Windows Sandbox in the...
  9. Windows Sandbox fails to start

Windows Sandbox fails to start: [img] This is the message I get when trying to start Windows Sandbox on WIn10/64 Home Ver. 1903 after installing the Sandbox feature. I did check that I had both the Windows Sandbox feature and Virtualization enabled. The MS messages that show when clicking the Yes box are...
  10. Wont start

in Windows 10 Support
    Wont start: I scheduled a task in scheduler and now it just won't boot up is there any way I can get it to stop. I can't even remember what task it was. But I thought maybe isn't there a way to like edit the registry offline through parted magic while its offline to stop whatever it is?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sandbox wont start