Windows 10: Sandbox

Discus and support Sandbox in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Where is a good place to read about Windows Sandbox? Where is a good place here on tenforums to discuss Sandbox and ask questions about it? I finally... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ztruker, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Ztruker Win User

Sandbox

Where is a good place to read about Windows Sandbox?
    Where is a good place here on tenforums to discuss Sandbox and ask questions about it?

I finally have 1903 installed on my main PC (Lenovo K450) so I can start looking at it and immediately have several questions that I'm sure have already been asked and answered here somewhere.

1. Says not activated
    2. How do I control Desktop setup so I can make it more user friendly when I 1st start it (pre-configure)?
    3. How do I access existing files and folders on the host.

:)

Ztruker, Jun 16, 2019
  2. Naresh_K Win User

Microsoft sandbox stoped working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please be informed that our developer team is aware of the issues with Sandbox and is working on resolving it. We do not have an ETA as of now, however I encourage you to send a feedback to our developer team via
    Feedback hub. As a suggestion you can try disabling and enabling
    the sandbox to check if that works. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Control Panel.
    2. Then click on all Control Panel Items.
    3. Then click on Programs and features.
    4. Then on the left hand side, click on Turn Windows features on or off.
    5. Then uncheck the option: Windows Sandbox.
    6. Then restart your computer.
    7. After restart, please enable it and check if the sandbox is working.

Also make sure that you meet all the requirements for Windows Sandbox.
    Your patience and understanding will be appreciated in this matter.

Regards

Naresh_K, Jun 16, 2019
  3. Naresh_K Win User
    windows sandbox Not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

There is a possibility that the feature is corrupted or not set up properly. I would advise you to disable Windows Sandbox first and then enable it. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Control Panel.
    2. Then click on all Control Panel Items.
    3. Then click on Programs and features.
    4. Then on the left hand side, click on Turn Windows features on or off.
    5. Then uncheck the option: Windows Sandbox.
    6. Then restart your computer.
    7. After restart, please enable it and check if the sandbox is working.

Also make sure that you meet all the requirements for Windows Sandbox.

Regards,

Naresh_K, Jun 16, 2019
  4. bvonr Win User

Sandbox

No internet connection on Windows Sandbox

Thanks so much for the info. I disabled Norton Auto Protect and Smart Firewall and sure enough I had internet on Sandbox. I am questioning why Norton would block the Ethernet adapters in Sandbox though??? Do you know what settings I need to change in Norton
    to allow the Sandbox to work right by any chance. If not don't worry, now that I know what the problem is I will talk to Norton. Again Thanks Sandbox :)

bvonr, Jun 16, 2019
Thema:

Sandbox

1. Sandbox - Similar Threads - Sandbox

2. Windows 10 Pro - windows sandbox shows unactivated Windows 10 Enterprise

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Pro - windows sandbox shows unactivated Windows 10 Enterprise: I thought windows sandbox was supposed to gives us a sandboxed version of the windows version we were running, but windows sandbox not only shows Windows 10 as being Enterprise, but it is unactivated. this is not so much a problem, except A. I don't have a license for Win10...
  3. Gigabit lan not going past 140mbs outside sandbox vm

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Gigabit lan not going past 140mbs outside sandbox vm: sorry for the bad English. I have a gigabit connection (940mb day1 700mb tested with my laptop port today) my motherboard is an MSI z170 gaming m5, the LAN port is e2400 Atheros killer, the cable is cat6, the switch is gigabit and it always worked. For a bit, I found the...
  4. Installing Visio 2002 in Sandbox

Installing Visio 2002 in Sandbox: Just an interesting observation: Visio 2002 is nominally not compatible with Windows 10 although I have been able to install it. The end result is problematic - doesn't work on my desktop system but does work on my laptop. While I've moved to Visio 2010 I thought I'd try 2002...
  5. Windows Sandbox graphics driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Sandbox graphics driver: Hi, Is DirectDraw acceleration supported by Windows Sandbox? I guess it should be supported if you graphics drivers support WDDM 2.5+. I have such support: [ATTACH] But in sandbox graphics device is "Unknown" without acceleration and every application that is using...
  6. Windows 10 Sandbox in Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Sandbox in Windows 10 Home: Is there a way to run Windows Sandbox in Windows 10 Home 1903? 139747
  7. Sandbox totally broken

Sandbox totally broken: So I wanted to test the Windows 10 Sandbox, which finally was "fixed" with KB4512941, so you can finally at leat open it. So... opening works now, and I get this: - Permanent 10% svchost.exe usage in Sandbox: https://i.imgur.com/Mfk66Gb.png - Search doesnt work, clicking...
  8. Sandbox totally broken

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sandbox totally broken: So I wanted to test the Windows 10 Sandbox, which finally was "fixed" with KB4512941, so you can finally at leat open it. So... opening works now, and I get this: - Permanent 10% svchost.exe usage in Sandbox: https://i.imgur.com/Mfk66Gb.png - Search doesnt work, clicking...
  9. Best Sandbox software?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Best Sandbox software?: When I get a Windows 10 Pro laptop, I will be using VMWare Workstation for virtualization of old systems. So that means I won't be using Windows Sandbox because I fear the two virtualization types will conflict. What is the best alternative? 139669
  10. Windows Sandbox bug!

Windows Sandbox bug!: I just downloaded and installed the KB4512941 patch for Windows 10. Before that patch the sandbox doesn't even start here. Now it starts but the screen is always blinking. Something is wrong yet. Some ideas to solve this? H5yDdoRGX9U 139635