Windows 10: Sandbox

Discus and support Sandbox in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Where is a good place to read about Windows Sandbox? Where is a good place here on tenforums to discuss Sandbox and ask questions about it? I finally... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ztruker, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Ztruker Win User

Sandbox

Where is a good place to read about Windows Sandbox?
    Where is a good place here on tenforums to discuss Sandbox and ask questions about it?

I finally have 1903 installed on my main PC (Lenovo K450) so I can start looking at it and immediately have several questions that I'm sure have already been asked and answered here somewhere.

1. Says not activated
    2. How do I control Desktop setup so I can make it more user friendly when I 1st start it (pre-configure)?
    3. How do I access existing files and folders on the host.

:)

Ztruker, Jun 16, 2019
  2. Naresh_K Win User

Microsoft sandbox stoped working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please be informed that our developer team is aware of the issues with Sandbox and is working on resolving it. We do not have an ETA as of now, however I encourage you to send a feedback to our developer team via
    Feedback hub. As a suggestion you can try disabling and enabling
    the sandbox to check if that works. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Control Panel.
    2. Then click on all Control Panel Items.
    3. Then click on Programs and features.
    4. Then on the left hand side, click on Turn Windows features on or off.
    5. Then uncheck the option: Windows Sandbox.
    6. Then restart your computer.
    7. After restart, please enable it and check if the sandbox is working.

Also make sure that you meet all the requirements for Windows Sandbox.
    Your patience and understanding will be appreciated in this matter.

Regards

Naresh_K, Jun 16, 2019
  3. Naresh_K Win User
    windows sandbox Not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

There is a possibility that the feature is corrupted or not set up properly. I would advise you to disable Windows Sandbox first and then enable it. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Control Panel.
    2. Then click on all Control Panel Items.
    3. Then click on Programs and features.
    4. Then on the left hand side, click on Turn Windows features on or off.
    5. Then uncheck the option: Windows Sandbox.
    6. Then restart your computer.
    7. After restart, please enable it and check if the sandbox is working.

Also make sure that you meet all the requirements for Windows Sandbox.

Regards,

Naresh_K, Jun 16, 2019
  4. bvonr Win User

Sandbox

No internet connection on Windows Sandbox

Thanks so much for the info. I disabled Norton Auto Protect and Smart Firewall and sure enough I had internet on Sandbox. I am questioning why Norton would block the Ethernet adapters in Sandbox though??? Do you know what settings I need to change in Norton
    to allow the Sandbox to work right by any chance. If not don't worry, now that I know what the problem is I will talk to Norton. Again Thanks Sandbox :)

bvonr, Jun 16, 2019
Thema:

Sandbox

1. Sandbox - Similar Threads - Sandbox

2. Windows sandbox failed to initialize

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows sandbox failed to initialize: Hi everyone, I am trying to run Win Sandbox on my laptop but I keep getting this errorI have looked online to find a solution but nothing seems to work, I have followed these guides and tried all the troubleshooting in them:How to Fix the “Windows Sandbox Failed to...
  3. Windows sandbox failed to initialize

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows sandbox failed to initialize: Hi everyone, I am trying to run Win Sandbox on my laptop but I keep getting this errorI have looked online to find a solution but nothing seems to work, I have followed these guides and tried all the troubleshooting in them:How to Fix the “Windows Sandbox Failed to...
  4. Need Help Removing Windows Sandbox from Win11 Home.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help Removing Windows Sandbox from Win11 Home.: As the title suggests, I attempted to install Windows Sandbox on my Win11 Home laptop via CMD. Although I managed to install it, it does not seem to run, and I have yet to been able to get it to run. I've just decided to give up and delete Sandbox but disabling it via the...
  5. Need Help Removing Windows Sandbox from Win11 Home.

Need Help Removing Windows Sandbox from Win11 Home.: As the title suggests, I attempted to install Windows Sandbox on my Win11 Home laptop via CMD. Although I managed to install it, it does not seem to run, and I have yet to been able to get it to run. I've just decided to give up and delete Sandbox but disabling it via the...
  6. when i try to turn on windows sandbox it says it cant find file and WSL doesnt work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when i try to turn on windows sandbox it says it cant find file and WSL doesnt work: Dear Microsoft Support Team, I trust this email finds you well. My name is Cayman, and I am reaching out to seek assistance regarding a specific issue I am encountering with Windows Sandbox on my Windows 10 system. Describe the Issue:I am consistently facing an issue where...
  7. when i try to turn on windows sandbox it says it cant find file and WSL doesnt work

when i try to turn on windows sandbox it says it cant find file and WSL doesnt work: Dear Microsoft Support Team, I trust this email finds you well. My name is Cayman, and I am reaching out to seek assistance regarding a specific issue I am encountering with Windows Sandbox on my Windows 10 system. Describe the Issue:I am consistently facing an issue where...
  8. when i try to turn on windows sandbox it says it cant find file and WSL doesnt work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Can't finish the update for sandbox feature and getting: Something didn't go as planned etc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't finish the update for sandbox feature and getting: Something didn't go as planned etc.: Hi! I can't finish the update for sandbox on my Windows 11 Pro.Whenever I try to install sandbox from the features list, when I press restart, it restarts and it's the same as it updates, but it goes to 97% and it says: "Something didn't go as planned. Undoing changes." etc....
  10. Can't finish the update for sandbox feature and getting: Something didn't go as planned etc.

Can't finish the update for sandbox feature and getting: Something didn't go as planned etc.: Hi! I can't finish the update for sandbox on my Windows 11 Pro.Whenever I try to install sandbox from the features list, when I press restart, it restarts and it's the same as it updates, but it goes to 97% and it says: "Something didn't go as planned. Undoing changes." etc....