Windows 10: Sandboxed Thunderbird won't open links in Chrome

Discus and support Sandboxed Thunderbird won't open links in Chrome in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have Sandboxie 3.33.3 (64-bit) & Thunderbird 68.6.0 (32-bit). When I try to click a email link in a sandboxed Thunderbird, nothing happens, whether... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by phrab, Mar 19, 2020.

1. phrab Win User

Sandboxed Thunderbird won't open links in Chrome

I have Sandboxie 3.33.3 (64-bit) & Thunderbird 68.6.0 (32-bit). When I try to click a email link in a sandboxed Thunderbird, nothing happens, whether Chrome is open or not, sandboxed or not. Only when I disable forced programs, i.e. not using Sandboxie, can I open links.

Does anyone know of a solution?

Thanks in advance!

:)

phrab, Mar 19, 2020
  2. bo elam Win User

Links don't work when Thunderbird is used with Sandboxie

Hi phrab, the solutions right this moment are to upgrade Windows 10 to version 1809, or downgrade Sandboxie to 5.26 (what you did). In the Sandboxie thread, Barb mentioned that perhaps the issue could be DDE related. That type of issue are tough to fix in Sandboxie and take a long time to fix. So, I suggest you stay on SBIE 5.26 for now, and test next beta when it comes out (probably soon). You already know you can downgrade SBIE easily, so there ll be no harm done for you to try next beta when it comes out. About upgrading W10 to 1809, I am trying to skip it, so I cant recommend you do the update. But I believe is safe to do it, is just that I dont believe is a nice version of W10. I see going from 1803 to 1809 as a downgrade.

Sandboxed Thunderbird Links don't open Chrome - Sandboxie Support

Bo

bo elam, Mar 19, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Chrome won't open any page [Solved]

I started my laptop and found out that chrome did not load any page for some reason, not even settings pages.
    I've tried re-installing chrome, and disabling comodo firewall, it does not help.
    Anyone having suggestions how to fix this?

P4-630, Mar 19, 2020
  4. Sandboxed Thunderbird won't open links in Chrome

windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

Sandboxed Thunderbird won't open links in Chrome

1. Sandboxed Thunderbird won't open links in Chrome - Similar Threads - Sandboxed Thunderbird won't

2. Links in windows not opening in chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Links in windows not opening in chrome: Chrome is up to date Version 120.0.6099.130 Official Build 64-bitOS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.19045 Build 19045If I click on a link in windows, like a saved browser shortcut in a folder it will not open in Chrome, if I change my default browser app to Firefox...
  3. Links in windows not opening in chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Links in windows not opening in chrome: Chrome is up to date Version 120.0.6099.130 Official Build 64-bitOS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.19045 Build 19045If I click on a link in windows, like a saved browser shortcut in a folder it will not open in Chrome, if I change my default browser app to Firefox...
  4. Links in windows not opening in chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Google Chrome Won't Open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google Chrome Won't Open: So, recently every time I try to open Google Chrome, my computer just thinks for a sec, and then stops. at the end, Chrome doesn't open. the only way I have managed to open Chrome is by opening the hidden icon menu in Windows 10 and then clicking the mini Chrome icon and then...
  6. Chrome won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome won't open: my chrome stopped working today. it won't open. So i deleted it and got the latest google. but it still won't work. i have some games on my laptop from steam and that's it....
  7. Google Chrome won't open.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google Chrome won't open.: My Google Chrome file & shortcut won't open, and my Antivirus can't delete the files that I think are causing this. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-wont-open/a9076741-2043-4e2d-9a87-d017ae2b5d57
  8. [URGENT] Sandbox Won't Open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    [URGENT] Sandbox Won't Open: Bought MS 10 Pro, and it Windows Sandbox is enabled in features. It just won't show/launch in task bar/load at all, only get admin popup! Help urgent need to test an .exe!...
  9. Windows Sandbox won't open

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Sandbox won't open: Ms version 1909 and pro but sandbox will not open, when i accept admin prompt show nothing in taskbar nor loads at all no error either help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-sandbox-wont-open/01dae79c-43f2-4bac-b36f-029f13ef1c2e
  10. Windows Sandbox won't open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Sandbox won't open: I have Windows 10 Pro and enabled sandbox feature, but when I clicked it no loading screen error etc. I also didnt install that update that made it not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-sandbox-wont-open/08d1a049-6529-4b21-8655-bc63fffcb189

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sandboxie thunderbird email open link in browser