Windows 10: Sandboxie 5.28 has been released

Discus and support Sandboxie 5.28 has been released in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Sandboxie 5.28 has been released. If you like to try a full blown Sandbox program, Sandboxie is the one. Its been around since 2004. This is a mature... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by bo elam, Feb 15, 2019.

1. bo elam Win User

Sandboxie 5.28 has been released

Sandboxie 5.28 has been released. If you like to try a full blown Sandbox program, Sandboxie is the one. Its been around since 2004. This is a mature program designed for Windows that does what is supposed to do (keep the system intact). Unlike the Windows sandbox, in this program, by default, nothing is saved out of the sandbox. But it has settings available to allow the user to save downloads, bookmarks, etc. To maximize isolation, you create separate sandboxes for different programs, etc.There are a lot of things users can do to relax or tighten the sandbox with SBIE. Things we wont be able to do with the Windows sandbox. What I do personally is strike a balance between usability and security in my sandboxes, with the result of being as secure as I can be without losing any usability, thats what I achieve. If you like to try it, there is a free version with no expiration date. The difference in the free and paid versions are features, features that are unlocked when you register your version of SBIE. This are the fixes and changes in Version 5.28.

Version 5.28

Released on 15 February 2019.

Added support for Windows 10 v1809.

Fixed issues with Adobe Acrobat Pro and Reader 2019 related to the "Save As" dialog displaying blank .

Fixed a path issue that would prevent applications from running/installing inside a Sandbox [Cannot run any executables inside sandbox after Windows 10 October Update 1809 [Fixed in Beta 5.27.2] - Sandboxie Support.

Fixed LibreOffice unable to launch issue.

Improved templates for Waterfox profile access.

Addressed SBIE2209 Cannot translate SID to user name: [22 / 1332] message that would trigger when using a Sandbox restricted to specific users only.

Tested OK on Fast Ring x64 18312 / FR x86 18309 (newer versions than the ones listed here will most likely not work).

You can get the installer from this links.
    Sandboxie - Download Sandboxie
    Sandboxie - All Versions

Bo

:)

bo elam, Feb 15, 2019

2. Keyscrambler and Sandboxie

Hope it helps, it did me.

My default browser is Chrome, but I do use Firefox and IE.

I am sure that the Sandboxie configuration fix is exclusive to Keyscrambler and does not include any browser reference. It worked immediately with Sandboxied Chrome, Firefox and IE.

So it should work OK with any other browser that Sandboxie is compatible for use with.

It may be that this fix is only needed when Sandboxie is already installed and KS is added afterwards. If KS is already installed and Sandboxie is added afterwards, then the Sandboxie installation wizard should pick up KS as an inherent program and include it in the configuration list. If so, this fix would not be needed.

Bald Eagle, Feb 15, 2019
  3. comerjoe Win User
    Sandboxie

Since changing to Microsoft 10, I am unable to use sandboxie. Any advice?

comerjoe, Feb 15, 2019
  4. Sandboxie 5.28 has been released

Keyscrambler and Sandboxie

Many users including me have found that the new version of Keyscrambler Personal - Free edition 3.1.0.0 for IE, Firefox and now Chrome does not work when the browsers are opened with Sandboxie. This easy fix is how to cure the problem.

Download Keyscrambler Personal - Free to your Desktop from Download KeyScrambler or some other reputable site. Do not download with a Sandboxied browser.

Go through the wizard and select your preferences. I suggest you choose the tray icon and for the program to start with Windows opening. You will have to reboot when finished.

KS will then work perfectly with IE, Firefox and Chrome unsandboxied, but will not work with the browsers Sandboxied.

Now follow this :-

Open Sandboxie Control. Then -
    Sandbox>Defaultbox>Sandbox Settings>Resourse Access-expand>IPC Access-expand>Direct Access>ADD (2 items) as under.

In panel Add Resource Name - add both these in turn, copy/paste using CNTRL+C for copy and CNTRL+V for paste :-

Add>\RPC Control\KSControlEp.Default*>OK - then :-
    Add>BaseNamedObjects*\KSSettingsEvent*>OK - then :-
    Click OK at bottom of Control Panel.

Open browsers with Sandboxie. The KS icon should show in the tray.
    Orange = not active but ON, Green = active, Black animated = traffic, Red = OFF - RT click, select KS ON.

Browsers IE, Firefox and Chrome opened with Sandboxie will now have KS working perfectly.
    This procedure should work with the paid versions of KS.

All done.

Bald Eagle, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

Sandboxie 5.28 has been released

1. Sandboxie 5.28 has been released - Similar Threads - Sandboxie has been

2. WizTree 4.00 has been released

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WizTree 4.00 has been released: Disk Space Analyzer WizTree 4.00 has been released - gHacks Tech News 181275
  3. Windows 10 version 21H1 has been released

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 version 21H1 has been released: Microsoft released Windows 10 version 21H1, a new feature update for its Windows 10 operating system, on May 18, 2021. John Cable, Vice President, Program Management, Windows Servicing and Delivery, published the news on the Windows Experience Blog. The phased rollout of...
  4. My account has been locked for past 28 days

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My account has been locked for past 28 days: Hello Everyone! I am just a student of class 9 and I used my Microsoft Account mainly for the perpetual license of Office 2019 Home and Student associated with it. My account has been locked for the past 28 days; I have no idea why. I firmly believe that I have not broken...
  5. Sandboxie

Sandboxie: Why is Sandboxie working so bad on Windows 10 pro 64 bit?? If you sandbox a site then try to do another site it takes forever for the 2nd site to appear. Usually I just delete the 1st site and create another for the 2nd sight. What a pain!!! 156676
  6. Account has been locked since Apr 28 2020

Account has been locked since Apr 28 2020: Hi, My account has been locked since Apr, 28th 2019 - more than 10 days ago. I followed the instructions and filled the requested form aka "Microsoft locked account review form" https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/concern/AccountReinstatement. The form was submitted and...
  7. Sandboxie 5.30 has been released

Sandboxie 5.30 has been released: Sandboxie stable version 5.30 was released today. If you are a Sandboxie user, then you are probably aware that sandboxie.com and the Sandboxie servers have been down this past few days. This problem has caused users to experience issue when activating their licenses,...
  8. Sandboxie

Sandboxie: I am running sandboxie in Windows 7 pro 64-bit. There is no sandboxie that I can find for Windows 10 64-bit. Have no idea what to replace it with. Some sites for supposedly sandboxie type programs come with ready made viruses.*Sad 2889
  9. AIMP v 4.50 has been released as Final

AIMP v 4.50 has been released as Final: Download Center » AIMP for Windows AIMP v4.50, build 2056 18.12.2017 | 10.0 MByte | MD5: 9d08b820fb639774faf4c3f22d817ad5 [img] Requirements: Windows Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 (8.1) / Windows 10 Minimal screen resolution: 1024x768 Download from:...
  10. A GandCrab ransomware decryption tool has been released

in Windows 10 News
    A GandCrab ransomware decryption tool has been released: Victims of one the newest - and most unusual - families of ransomware could now be able to recover their files without giving into the demands of criminals because decryption tools have been released for free. A GandCrab ransomware decryption tool has been released as part...