Windows 10: Sandboxie 5.28 - Trojan or False Positive - Inquiry

Discus and support Sandboxie 5.28 - Trojan or False Positive - Inquiry in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; According to both Virus Total & OPSWAT, Sandboxie 5.28 contains the Trojan Shelma. See for yourself. Just download Sandboxie 5.28 then upload to the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TK42, Mar 26, 2019.

1. TK42 Win User

Sandboxie 5.28 - Trojan or False Positive - Inquiry

According to both Virus Total & OPSWAT, Sandboxie 5.28 contains the Trojan Shelma. See for yourself. Just download Sandboxie 5.28 then upload to the 2 following online scanners.

https://www.virustotal.com/#/home/upload

https://metadefender.opswat.com/#!/

Informed Sandboxie about this, but received no answer. Maybe this is a false positive. How can I be sure?

:)

2. JDLinn Win User

False Positive - Rundas!plick Trojan

We have a small "exe" that we use extensively at "Return to Misty Moorings" This is for our "Season Switcher". When the program is run, the software is quarantined as a Rundas!plick Trojan. There is no Trojan or any other problem with this software, Malwarebytes
    and Spybot both show it does not have a problem. But every time our users try it with Defender, it is "quarantined". This is giving our site and our efforts for our fans a bad name from Microsoft's false positive. The program can be found at:

Return to Misty Moorings - NOTAMS

The "solution" from the Microsoft "help" chat was to "Turn off Windows Defender". That we can do and I can tell my thousands of followers on the site that this is Microsoft's suggestion (not a very good marketing idea). We need someone on the Defenders
    team to get our software "CLEARED" so this does not keep showing up as a Rundas!plick Trojan.

Please tell us who to contact or what needs to be done next.

Doug Linn/RTMM

JDLinn, Mar 26, 2019
  3. database of malware producing false positives or false negatives

Many months ago I communicated with Malwarebytes about a trojan that was detected by Defender that was not detected by Malwarebytes. They indicated that Microsoft Defender is likely a false positive and to wait weeks or months for Microsoft to update their
    database. To date the Defender continues to detect a trojan that is not detected by Malwarebytes.

Defender does not detect any malware on quick scans. However on full scans it detects this trojan that is not detected by Malwarebytes.

How does an end user determine whether one antivirus program is producing false positives or false negatives?

questions_, Mar 26, 2019
  4. oily_17 Win User

Avast: False Positive Much?

Take a read here CD, it seems OK, Avast giving a false positive -

dficlub.org

oily_17, Mar 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Sandboxie 5.28 - Trojan or False Positive - Inquiry - Similar Threads - Sandboxie Trojan False

2. wacatac.H!ml trojan false positive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wacatac.H!ml trojan false positive?: Hello,I have had a false positive with this file for a few days now.https://builds.enginehub.org/job/worldguard/23827KB2310138 - 1.409.145.0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wacatachml-trojan-false-positive/a6508c5b-4ebd-4624-8bb2-235ccd89ebf5
  3. wacatac.H!ml trojan false positive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wacatac.H!ml trojan false positive?: Hello,I have had a false positive with this file for a few days now.https://builds.enginehub.org/job/worldguard/23827KB2310138 - 1.409.145.0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wacatachml-trojan-false-positive/a6508c5b-4ebd-4624-8bb2-235ccd89ebf5
  4. Trojan Malware possible false positive help please

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trojan Malware possible false positive help please: So recently I received a windows threat protection notice for a severe level Trojan:Win32/Malgent. It says it was "blocked", and I removed it the second I got the notification, so the files it said were affected are no longer on my pc windows 10. I did extensive research on...
  5. Wacatac trojan horse infection or false positive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wacatac trojan horse infection or false positive?: Hi,I booted up my computer and immediately recieved a notification that Wacatac was detected by Microsoft security.I ran a scan to remove it, so now its saying no virus is detected but "remediation is incomplete" in protection history.I ran a scan with Malwarebytes and KVRT...
  6. Wacatac trojan horse infection or false positive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wacatac trojan horse infection or false positive?: Hi,I booted up my computer and immediately recieved a notification that Wacatac was detected by Microsoft security.I ran a scan to remove it, so now its saying no virus is detected but "remediation is incomplete" in history.I ran a scan with Malwarebytes and KVRT and both are...
  7. Wacatac trojan horse infection or false positive?

Wacatac trojan horse infection or false positive?: Hi,I booted up my computer and immediately recieved a notification that Wacatac was detected by Microsoft security.I ran a scan to remove it, so now its saying no virus is detected but "remediation is incomplete" in history.I ran a scan with Malwarebytes and KVRT and both are...
  8. False Positive for Trojan Virus

False Positive for Trojan Virus: Can anyone tell me how and where i can submit my website to be re-looked at? Microsoft Defender is blocking my website that was hacked in the past but i have since addressed all those problems and I guess Microsoft Defender is going off of the old information. I need to...
  9. Trojan Inquiry

Trojan Inquiry: Hello, recently I was doing an experiment and I downloaded a file which contains a trojan. Windows Defender automatically stopped it and I ran a full scan with malware bytes and windows defender. It was a Trojan:Win32/Dridex. My question is, can trojans be detected easily?...
  10. Defender Found Trojan in USMT.ppkg - real or false positive?

Defender Found Trojan in USMT.ppkg - real or false positive?: I recently bought an MSI Raider GE431. I ran a full anti-virus scan using Windows Defender. It found the following: Trojan:Win32/Generic!rfn Affected items: containerfile: C:\Recovery\Customizations\USMT.ppkg file:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sandboxie Trojan.Shelma!