Windows 10: Sandboxie and Microsoft

Discus and support Sandboxie and Microsoft in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; To all users or potential users of Sandboxie - The current version does not allow a login to any Microsoft account. Attempt to do so will freeze the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Terry. O, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Terry. O Win User

Sandboxie and Microsoft

To all users or potential users of Sandboxie -

The current version does not allow a login to any Microsoft account.

Attempt to do so will freeze the screen and need hitting the "X" button.

The fixing of this problem seems very unlikely as Sandboxie is now going open source.

:)

Terry. O, Oct 18, 2019

2. Keyscrambler and Sandboxie

Hope it helps, it did me.

My default browser is Chrome, but I do use Firefox and IE.

I am sure that the Sandboxie configuration fix is exclusive to Keyscrambler and does not include any browser reference. It worked immediately with Sandboxied Chrome, Firefox and IE.

So it should work OK with any other browser that Sandboxie is compatible for use with.

It may be that this fix is only needed when Sandboxie is already installed and KS is added afterwards. If KS is already installed and Sandboxie is added afterwards, then the Sandboxie installation wizard should pick up KS as an inherent program and include it in the configuration list. If so, this fix would not be needed.

Bald Eagle, Oct 18, 2019
  3. comerjoe Win User
    Sandboxie

Since changing to Microsoft 10, I am unable to use sandboxie. Any advice?

comerjoe, Oct 18, 2019
  4. Sandboxie and Microsoft

Keyscrambler and Sandboxie

Many users including me have found that the new version of Keyscrambler Personal - Free edition 3.1.0.0 for IE, Firefox and now Chrome does not work when the browsers are opened with Sandboxie. This easy fix is how to cure the problem.

Download Keyscrambler Personal - Free to your Desktop from Download KeyScrambler or some other reputable site. Do not download with a Sandboxied browser.

Go through the wizard and select your preferences. I suggest you choose the tray icon and for the program to start with Windows opening. You will have to reboot when finished.

KS will then work perfectly with IE, Firefox and Chrome unsandboxied, but will not work with the browsers Sandboxied.

Now follow this :-

Open Sandboxie Control. Then -
    Sandbox>Defaultbox>Sandbox Settings>Resourse Access-expand>IPC Access-expand>Direct Access>ADD (2 items) as under.

In panel Add Resource Name - add both these in turn, copy/paste using CNTRL+C for copy and CNTRL+V for paste :-

Add>\RPC Control\KSControlEp.Default*>OK - then :-
    Add>BaseNamedObjects*\KSSettingsEvent*>OK - then :-
    Click OK at bottom of Control Panel.

Open browsers with Sandboxie. The KS icon should show in the tray.
    Orange = not active but ON, Green = active, Black animated = traffic, Red = OFF - RT click, select KS ON.

Browsers IE, Firefox and Chrome opened with Sandboxie will now have KS working perfectly.
    This procedure should work with the paid versions of KS.

All done.

Bald Eagle, Oct 18, 2019
Thema:

Sandboxie and Microsoft

1. Sandboxie and Microsoft - Similar Threads - Sandboxie Microsoft

2. Sandboxie 5.33.6, an step toward open source

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sandboxie 5.33.6, an step toward open source: Sandboxie 5.33.6 was released yesterday. This version is not an official release, or even a beta, but we are being asked to test it and see if we are able to do with SBIE what we are used to doing with SBIE. This version is an step toward open source. They are getting ready...
  3. Chrome extension no longer works within Sandboxie

Chrome extension no longer works within Sandboxie: Just recently, one of my Chrome extensions fails silently within SB. It works OK outside SB. The extension is "Stylus", which has versions for Firefox, and almost every other browser. The extension adds a line of CSS to colour all visited links red (as in IE version...
  4. Sandboxie error: SBIE2102 File too large 957837253

Sandboxie error: SBIE2102 File too large 957837253: I have Sandboxie 5.31.6 on Windows 10 Pro. I get the following error - SBIE2102 File too large 957837253 If the final number is bytes, then I've never seen a file that size *Smile I would be grateful for any advice. 150734
  5. Sandboxie no longer works with my bookmarks program

Sandboxie no longer works with my bookmarks program: SB 5.33.1. Win 10 Pro. Chrome fully up-to-date. I use a very reliable third-party bookmarks program called miTaggedMarks (mTM). mTM has co-existed with SB since at least 09 Feb 2017 (the date of my oldest mTM installation EXE). Recently, when I close mTM, any bookmarks...
  6. Sandboxie 5.31.6 is out, compatible with W10 1909

Sandboxie 5.31.6 is out, compatible with W10 1909: Sandboxie 5.31.6 was released today. This version is compatible with W10 1909, and earlier versions of W10. Sandboxie 5.31.6 available for download - Sandboxie Forum - Sandboxie - Sophos Community Read and follow the New instructions for downloading. Sandboxie - Download...
  7. Sophos makes SANDBOXIE a FREEWARE!!

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Sophos makes SANDBOXIE a FREEWARE!!: Good news people... Sophos has decided to make Sandboxie free again, and it will be eventually open-source! Click HERE for the homepage. Sophos is excited to announce that we are making Sandboxie a free tool, with plans to transition it to an open source tool. This new...
  8. win 10 update 1903 Sandboxie

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 10 update 1903 Sandboxie: Win 10 ver 1903 will not upgrade/update due to incompatible software (Sandboxie) error window recommends to remove it manually. Did so with remove programs, nochange. Removed all references to Sandboxie in the registry, removed the folder in programs, no change. Still get...
  9. How long before Sandboxie is stable in Windows 10????????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How long before Sandboxie is stable in Windows 10????????: Sandboxie is giving REGhives errors in Sandboxie 136020
  10. Windows 10 using Sandboxie - Emoji Picker Panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 using Sandboxie - Emoji Picker Panel: With the browser opened by Sandboxie and using Winkey + point, the emoji panel comes up, but the emoji will not insert in the text. Nothing happens on the click. Using a non-Sandboxied browser, the emoji work perfect, no problem. The solution is provided by Barb of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sandboxie freeze microsoft