Windows 10: Sandboxie and Microsoft

Discus and support Sandboxie and Microsoft in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; To all users or potential users of Sandboxie - The current version does not allow a login to any Microsoft account. Attempt to do so will freeze the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Terry. O, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Terry. O Win User

Sandboxie and Microsoft

To all users or potential users of Sandboxie -

The current version does not allow a login to any Microsoft account.

Attempt to do so will freeze the screen and need hitting the "X" button.

The fixing of this problem seems very unlikely as Sandboxie is now going open source.

:)

Terry. O, Oct 18, 2019

2. Keyscrambler and Sandboxie

Hope it helps, it did me.

My default browser is Chrome, but I do use Firefox and IE.

I am sure that the Sandboxie configuration fix is exclusive to Keyscrambler and does not include any browser reference. It worked immediately with Sandboxied Chrome, Firefox and IE.

So it should work OK with any other browser that Sandboxie is compatible for use with.

It may be that this fix is only needed when Sandboxie is already installed and KS is added afterwards. If KS is already installed and Sandboxie is added afterwards, then the Sandboxie installation wizard should pick up KS as an inherent program and include it in the configuration list. If so, this fix would not be needed.

Bald Eagle, Oct 18, 2019
  3. comerjoe Win User
    Sandboxie

Since changing to Microsoft 10, I am unable to use sandboxie. Any advice?

comerjoe, Oct 18, 2019
  4. Sandboxie and Microsoft

Keyscrambler and Sandboxie

Many users including me have found that the new version of Keyscrambler Personal - Free edition 3.1.0.0 for IE, Firefox and now Chrome does not work when the browsers are opened with Sandboxie. This easy fix is how to cure the problem.

Download Keyscrambler Personal - Free to your Desktop from Download KeyScrambler or some other reputable site. Do not download with a Sandboxied browser.

Go through the wizard and select your preferences. I suggest you choose the tray icon and for the program to start with Windows opening. You will have to reboot when finished.

KS will then work perfectly with IE, Firefox and Chrome unsandboxied, but will not work with the browsers Sandboxied.

Now follow this :-

Open Sandboxie Control. Then -
    Sandbox>Defaultbox>Sandbox Settings>Resourse Access-expand>IPC Access-expand>Direct Access>ADD (2 items) as under.

In panel Add Resource Name - add both these in turn, copy/paste using CNTRL+C for copy and CNTRL+V for paste :-

Add>\RPC Control\KSControlEp.Default*>OK - then :-
    Add>BaseNamedObjects*\KSSettingsEvent*>OK - then :-
    Click OK at bottom of Control Panel.

Open browsers with Sandboxie. The KS icon should show in the tray.
    Orange = not active but ON, Green = active, Black animated = traffic, Red = OFF - RT click, select KS ON.

Browsers IE, Firefox and Chrome opened with Sandboxie will now have KS working perfectly.
    This procedure should work with the paid versions of KS.

All done.

Bald Eagle, Oct 18, 2019
Thema:

Sandboxie and Microsoft

1. Sandboxie and Microsoft - Similar Threads - Sandboxie Microsoft

2. [WIN11] Can't play Any 3D Game after KB5014019 on Sandboxie v5.55.22Classic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [WIN11] Can't play Any 3D Game after KB5014019 on Sandboxie v5.55.22Classic: I can play 3D Game on Sandboxie at march/april.Sandboxie Classic x64 v5.55.10, Win11 march/april updates, Geforce driver 512.15/512.59, AMD Zen3 Hardware virtualization enabled, VBS was disabled.but today I can play Any 3D Game on Sandboxie. Sandboxie Classic x64 v5.55.22,...
  3. [WIN11] Can't play Any 3D Game after KB5014019 on Sandboxie v5.55.22Classic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [WIN11] Can't play Any 3D Game after KB5014019 on Sandboxie v5.55.22Classic: I can play 3D Game on Sandboxie at march/april.Sandboxie Classic x64 v5.55.10, Win11 march/april updates, Geforce driver 512.15/512.59, AMD Zen3 Hardware virtualization enabled, VBS was disabled.but today I can play Any 3D Game on Sandboxie. Sandboxie Classic x64 v5.55.22,...
  4. Which is Better? Windows Sandbox or Sandboxie?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Which is Better? Windows Sandbox or Sandboxie?: I want to install a sandbox for my firefox browser and for a seedbox. So which is better and more secure? Windows sandbox or sandboxie? submitted by /u/deanro1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/tqjwzu/which_is_better_windows_sandbox_or_sandboxie/
  5. Trouble logging-in to Zoom in Sandboxie instance

Trouble logging-in to Zoom in Sandboxie instance: Hello! I wish to create a 2nd instance of Zoom via Sandboxie. It works well, the only issue is that registered meetings require you to sign into the registered account. I have successfully done this inside Sandboxie, but perhaps an update has altered settings that is not...
  6. Sandboxie License Activation

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sandboxie License Activation: I know this is a Windows 10 forum, but I was hoping someone could answer a Sandboxie question that's occurring on my WinXP machine. I have an old paid Sandboxie (version 5.06 32-bit), but it's worked for over a decade. I get the following message: [img] When I click...
  7. Why can't sandboxie open these files

Why can't sandboxie open these files: Not sure what folder to put this in - sorry. windows 10 pro 64-bit V. 1909 Build 18363.900 Why when scanning for bad programs can't sandboxie access these files?? I have dozens more which sandboxie can't access. C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore\DataStore.edb -...
  8. Why can't sandboxie open these files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why can't sandboxie open these files: Not sure what folder to put this in - sorry. windows 10 pro 64-bit V. 1909 Build 18363.900 Why when scanning for bad programs can't sandboxie access these files?? I have dozens more which sandboxie can't access. C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore\DataStore.edb -...
  9. Sandboxie

Sandboxie: Why is Sandboxie working so bad on Windows 10 pro 64 bit?? If you sandbox a site then try to do another site it takes forever for the 2nd site to appear. Usually I just delete the 1st site and create another for the 2nd sight. What a pain!!! 156676
  10. Problem upgrading to W10 1909 due to SandBoxie

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem upgrading to W10 1909 due to SandBoxie: Hello, I can't upgrade to 1909 because i'm asked to uninstall 2 ! instances of SandBoxie, which I have uninstalled long ago. There's is no way I can uninstall it now. I removed all occurence of SandBoxie in the registry to no avail. I removed all occurence of SandBoxie in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sandboxie freeze microsoft