Windows 10: Sandboxie License Activation

Discus and support Sandboxie License Activation in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I know this is a Windows 10 forum, but I was hoping someone could answer a Sandboxie question that's occurring on my WinXP machine. I have an old paid... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by phrab, Aug 12, 2020.

1. phrab Win User

Sandboxie License Activation

I know this is a Windows 10 forum, but I was hoping someone could answer a Sandboxie question that's occurring on my WinXP machine. I have an old paid Sandboxie (version 5.06 32-bit), but it's worked for over a decade. I get the following message:

Sandboxie License Activation [​IMG]

When I click activate, I get this message:

Sandboxie License Activation [​IMG]

I ignored it at first because I thought it was a mistake, but Sandboxie now blocks webbrowser & also Thunderbird's access to the internet.

Any idea of how I can contact their servers (if they're still running)?

Thanks in advance

:)

phrab, Aug 12, 2020
  2. bo elam Win User

Sandboxie 5.30 has been released

Hi phrab. The issue you are having activating the license is not being caused by you, your system or installation. The Sandboxie servers are causing the issue. I suggest you read the thread below, and follow the steps suggested by Barb. Likely, even if you follow her suggestions, your license might still not be activated. But don't worry, other users have also experienced issue activating their license this past couple of days. So, a fix is coming. Probably Monday.

I think its important to be calm. Dont start tweaking stuff that might mess up your computer. Also, dont click to activate, let the system do it on its own.
    Activation Failed - Please provide feedback - Sandboxie Forum - Sandboxie - Sophos Community

Let me know how things go.

Bo

bo elam, Aug 12, 2020
  3. phrab Win User
    Sandboxie 5.30 has been released

Thanks for the information. I tried to follow the "Activation Failed etc." link that you posted, but it asked for both a product key and a system code. I have the product key, but don't know what a system code is, so I can't even try to enter it manually. But I'll wait until Monday. (In the meantime, after updating, I'm having network issues & Macrium Reflect thinks I'm using a trial version although I bought it two years ago. Oh, well) I'll let you know what ultimately happens with Sandboxie. Thanks again!

phrab, Aug 12, 2020
  4. Sandboxie License Activation

Keyscrambler and Sandboxie

Many users including me have found that the new version of Keyscrambler Personal - Free edition 3.1.0.0 for IE, Firefox and now Chrome does not work when the browsers are opened with Sandboxie. This easy fix is how to cure the problem.

Download Keyscrambler Personal - Free to your Desktop from Download KeyScrambler or some other reputable site. Do not download with a Sandboxied browser.

Go through the wizard and select your preferences. I suggest you choose the tray icon and for the program to start with Windows opening. You will have to reboot when finished.

KS will then work perfectly with IE, Firefox and Chrome unsandboxied, but will not work with the browsers Sandboxied.

Now follow this :-

Open Sandboxie Control. Then -
    Sandbox>Defaultbox>Sandbox Settings>Resourse Access-expand>IPC Access-expand>Direct Access>ADD (2 items) as under.

In panel Add Resource Name - add both these in turn, copy/paste using CNTRL+C for copy and CNTRL+V for paste :-

Add>\RPC Control\KSControlEp.Default*>OK - then :-
    Add>BaseNamedObjects*\KSSettingsEvent*>OK - then :-
    Click OK at bottom of Control Panel.

Open browsers with Sandboxie. The KS icon should show in the tray.
    Orange = not active but ON, Green = active, Black animated = traffic, Red = OFF - RT click, select KS ON.

Browsers IE, Firefox and Chrome opened with Sandboxie will now have KS working perfectly.
    This procedure should work with the paid versions of KS.

All done.

Bald Eagle, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

Sandboxie License Activation

1. Sandboxie License Activation - Similar Threads - Sandboxie License Activation

2. License and activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    License and activation: I purchased a computer at a Restore. I formatted the hard drive to erase the existing data, now it requires activation. Since the computer was donated to the Restore from a college, I do not have access to an activation code. HELP!...
  3. Activation License

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activation License: I have Windows 10 Enterprise edition. I downloaded and installed it free from Microsoft, several years ago nowMy Activation screen says the Windows 10 is activated using your organization's activation service..............I am getting 'Windows license will expire soon'...
  4. Sandboxie

Sandboxie: Why is Sandboxie working so bad on Windows 10 pro 64 bit?? If you sandbox a site then try to do another site it takes forever for the 2nd site to appear. Usually I just delete the 1st site and create another for the 2nd sight. What a pain!!! 156676
  5. Licensing and activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Licensing and activation: What is the difference between the OEM key, volume key, retail key, digital licenced key and activation code key, and can I re-use the same key multiple times in the same pc after re- formatting, if so which one is best ?...
  6. licensing activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    licensing activation: keep receiving error Ox80070781 which means? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/licensing-activation/c797eee8-4ecd-4c80-84b7-236b62a2718a"
  7. Sandboxie and Microsoft

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sandboxie and Microsoft: To all users or potential users of Sandboxie - The current version does not allow a login to any Microsoft account. Attempt to do so will freeze the screen and need hitting the "X" button. The fixing of this problem seems very unlikely as Sandboxie is now going open...
  8. Sandboxie with Chrome confusion.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sandboxie with Chrome confusion.: First time user here of Sandboxie and I'm trying it out with Chrome. Under the view files and folders in the Sandboxie control there is a User files\Personal\AppData\Local, LocalLow and roaming folders. It looks like the Chrome userdata contents under Local are being written...
  9. Win10 setup with Sandboxie

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Win10 setup with Sandboxie: Hi, I am trying to use Sandboxie to install Win 10 64 bit on my Win 8.1 PC Well into the setup, Win10 asks for a Windows username and password. I do have want they ask for but when I type @ in the username, it is displayed as ". How can I progress past this? Pls...
  10. Sandboxie

Sandboxie: I am running sandboxie in Windows 7 pro 64-bit. There is no sandboxie that I can find for Windows 10 64-bit. Have no idea what to replace it with. Some sites for supposedly sandboxie type programs come with ready made viruses.*Sad 2889