Windows 10: Sandboxie

Discus and support Sandboxie in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am running sandboxie in Windows 7 pro 64-bit. There is no sandboxie that I can find for Windows 10 64-bit. Have no idea what to replace it with.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jack, Nov 11, 2014.

1. jack Win User

Sandboxie

I am running sandboxie in Windows 7 pro 64-bit.
    There is no sandboxie that I can find for Windows 10 64-bit.
    Have no idea what to replace it with.
    Some sites for supposedly sandboxie type programs come with ready
    made viruses.*Sad

:)

2. John582n Win User
    John582n, Nov 11, 2014
  3. comerjoe Win User
    Sandboxie

Since changing to Microsoft 10, I am unable to use sandboxie. Any advice?

comerjoe, Nov 11, 2014
  4. Sandboxie

The Howling Wolves, Nov 12, 2014
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

IMO that type of Software is redundant these days -- why not simply run a Full Virtual Machine using Free software such as VMPLAYER (VMWARE) or VBOX from Oracle. It's a far better solution to testing / running multiple OS'es etc and isolating software from your HOST machine until you are ready to install it.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Nov 12, 2014
  6. LMiller7 Win User
    Most software that runs on Windows 7 and Windows 8 will also run on Windows 10. Compatibility with a program like Sandboxie is more complicated. Many commercial and shareware products will not advertise compatibility with an OS until it is officially released. You can't guarantee compatibility with an OS that isn't finished. The program may work great today but completely fail after the next update.

LMiller7, Nov 12, 2014
  7. jack Win User
    I have found a better solution IMHO than vm-programs.
    If you have multiple HDs then get a power switch that will isolate a particular HD,
    thereby avoiding the hassle of dual booting and VM programs.
    I have this jury rigged right now and it works fine.
    But Ebay has a 4 button power switch which I am getting to control
    2 or more HDs.

jack, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Sandboxie

1. Sandboxie - Similar Threads - Sandboxie

2. [WIN11] Can't play Any 3D Game after KB5014019 on Sandboxie v5.55.22Classic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [WIN11] Can't play Any 3D Game after KB5014019 on Sandboxie v5.55.22Classic: I can play 3D Game on Sandboxie at march/april.Sandboxie Classic x64 v5.55.10, Win11 march/april updates, Geforce driver 512.15/512.59, AMD Zen3 Hardware virtualization enabled, VBS was disabled.but today I can play Any 3D Game on Sandboxie. Sandboxie Classic x64 v5.55.22,...
  3. [WIN11] Can't play Any 3D Game after KB5014019 on Sandboxie v5.55.22Classic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [WIN11] Can't play Any 3D Game after KB5014019 on Sandboxie v5.55.22Classic: I can play 3D Game on Sandboxie at march/april.Sandboxie Classic x64 v5.55.10, Win11 march/april updates, Geforce driver 512.15/512.59, AMD Zen3 Hardware virtualization enabled, VBS was disabled.but today I can play Any 3D Game on Sandboxie. Sandboxie Classic x64 v5.55.22,...
  4. Which is Better? Windows Sandbox or Sandboxie?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Which is Better? Windows Sandbox or Sandboxie?: I want to install a sandbox for my firefox browser and for a seedbox. So which is better and more secure? Windows sandbox or sandboxie? submitted by /u/deanro1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/tqjwzu/which_is_better_windows_sandbox_or_sandboxie/
  5. Trouble logging-in to Zoom in Sandboxie instance

Trouble logging-in to Zoom in Sandboxie instance: Hello! I wish to create a 2nd instance of Zoom via Sandboxie. It works well, the only issue is that registered meetings require you to sign into the registered account. I have successfully done this inside Sandboxie, but perhaps an update has altered settings that is not...
  6. Sandboxie License Activation

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sandboxie License Activation: I know this is a Windows 10 forum, but I was hoping someone could answer a Sandboxie question that's occurring on my WinXP machine. I have an old paid Sandboxie (version 5.06 32-bit), but it's worked for over a decade. I get the following message: [img] When I click...
  7. Why can't sandboxie open these files

Why can't sandboxie open these files: Not sure what folder to put this in - sorry. windows 10 pro 64-bit V. 1909 Build 18363.900 Why when scanning for bad programs can't sandboxie access these files?? I have dozens more which sandboxie can't access. C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore\DataStore.edb -...
  8. Why can't sandboxie open these files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why can't sandboxie open these files: Not sure what folder to put this in - sorry. windows 10 pro 64-bit V. 1909 Build 18363.900 Why when scanning for bad programs can't sandboxie access these files?? I have dozens more which sandboxie can't access. C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore\DataStore.edb -...
  9. Sandboxie

Sandboxie: Why is Sandboxie working so bad on Windows 10 pro 64 bit?? If you sandbox a site then try to do another site it takes forever for the 2nd site to appear. Usually I just delete the 1st site and create another for the 2nd sight. What a pain!!! 156676
  10. Problem upgrading to W10 1909 due to SandBoxie

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem upgrading to W10 1909 due to SandBoxie: Hello, I can't upgrade to 1909 because i'm asked to uninstall 2 ! instances of SandBoxie, which I have uninstalled long ago. There's is no way I can uninstall it now. I removed all occurence of SandBoxie in the registry to no avail. I removed all occurence of SandBoxie in...