Windows 10: Sandisk usb cruzer corrupted?

Discus and support Sandisk usb cruzer corrupted? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, I fear that my USB stick is corrupted. I had been using my usb stick between work and home and my work network is notoriously laggy. I THINK... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by brutha analog, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Sandisk usb cruzer corrupted?

Hi all,
    I fear that my USB stick is corrupted. I had been using my usb stick between work and home and my work network is notoriously laggy. I THINK that the network or my pc, may have corrupted my USB.
    I've plugged and unplugged the usb, but it's not recognized by the laptop and is asking to reformat. I have some important files on the usb and have tried to figure a way to download the files off the USB.

I'm kinda desperate here. Any tips? I went to the SANDISK site, but it's not useful.

I'm on WIN10, 1909
    Thanks,

:)

brutha analog, Feb 5, 2021
  2. Ztruker Win User

sandisk cruzer 32G

I have 3 SanDisk Cruzers, all 16GB and they work fine with 10. They show up as

SanDisk Cruzer USB Device under Disk Drives in Device Manager.

Ztruker, Feb 5, 2021
  3. Steffan Win User
    Is my SanDisk Cruzer destroyed?

I plugged in my USB drive and I get notification USB device not recognized. In This PC it shows but it looks like this:
    Sandisk usb cruzer corrupted? [​IMG]

When I right click to try and format it, nothing happens. I also tried renaming the drive letter, nothing. I tried many USB fix tools, such as, USB drive defender, Flobo, mUSB Fixer, USB Refresh, USBFix 2016, and most of them didn't even see the device in the list. I am running out of ideas. If it is of any help, it's SanDisk Cruzer 16GB.

Edit: Just tried HP USB Disk Storage Tool. This is what it shows:

Sandisk usb cruzer corrupted? [​IMG]

And of course, it does not want to run format...

Steffan, Feb 5, 2021
  4. Sandisk usb cruzer corrupted?

SanDisk Cruzer 64GB USB Problem

Alright I tried the first solution and it did nothing, can't find the driver the USB either. Let me expand on my story since I have a better understanding of what is going on now...

So a Samsung Chrome book has an issue something like. Chrome OS is missing or damaged do this and that. So I downloaded the Chrome OS recovery tool.

The first USB used to write the Chrome OS image on was a DataTraveler 4GB. It failed at the Writing image part so I used a new USB my Cruzer Edge 64GB which I use for many things. I backed up my file before hand then wiped the drive.

This time the Chrome recovery OS worked. However after inserting the USB into the Chrome book. It said the recovery tool failed and to visit a website link which doesn't work for me. Anyway enough of the Chrome book talk...

The Chrome OS tool has left me in a bad state.

The first USB the DataTraveler 4GB, I insert into my PC. I have used CMD to wipe all of it's contents and to Format it. I've also used the Chrome OS tool to remove the image from the USB so as far as I am aware the USB has nothing on it. However after inserting
    my USB it doesn't show up in the device list for me to put new files onto it not only that but with the USB as soon as I remove the USB Drive. Sometimes my PC makes a terrible buzzing sound sometimes it doesn't but it always gets poor performance afterwards.
    As soon as I remove the USB it turns my PC to 1 FPS forcing me to restart.

With the other USB, my Cruzer Edge 64GB which I use to store a lot of files on. I inserted it into all USB ports. It's not making a connected sound like my other USB. It shows in the Device list. I have used CMD to wipe all the contents, formatted it and
    uninstalled the driver and reinserted it into the PC. However no matter what the USB isn't showing in the devices list for me to put back all the files I had stored on it back to where it should be.

So I have no idea if other USBs will work on the PC. I have none to try out but that is my problem so far. Any advice to fixing this issue that Google have caused to happen?

EDIT:

Forgot I had an unpacked SanDisk Cruzer U 16GB Drive stored away. I used it in the PC. Works fine so it's not all USB's that are broken on the PC. Just the two above. I'm assuming they are both corrupted or something.

Jordan84792, Feb 5, 2021
Thema:

Sandisk usb cruzer corrupted?

1. Sandisk usb cruzer corrupted? - Similar Threads - Sandisk usb cruzer

2. UEFI Boot SanDisk Cruzer Blade USB Flash Drive Install Live Chat Saids "Update Version"...

in Windows 10 Customization
    UEFI Boot SanDisk Cruzer Blade USB Flash Drive Install Live Chat Saids "Update Version"...: Omnya Bafarat's HP Laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uefi-boot-sandisk-cruzer-blade-usb-flash-drive/22495471-1680-4411-a6e9-b0854003e6de
  3. How to fix/format Sandisk Cruzer Blade that malfunctioned and is now write protected?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to fix/format Sandisk Cruzer Blade that malfunctioned and is now write protected?: Hey guys! So I have a 16 GB Sandisk Cruzer Blade, during use it malfunctioned and at one point it couldn't be read properly by my computer; it had a different name and it only had 64 MB of space detected when I tried to format it. Now I can open it again but my computer...
  4. Windows 10, Lenovo Ideapad 330S, SanDisk USB Cruzer 64GB Drive appears and disappears from...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10, Lenovo Ideapad 330S, SanDisk USB Cruzer 64GB Drive appears and disappears from...: About four days ago October 21, 2020, I plugged a SanDisk USB Cruzer 64GB Drive into Port 3. A few moments after the UBS drive was plugged in, an error message appeared in the lower right-hand corner of my screen: USB device malfunctioned and is not recognized. In the...
  5. I can't launch Sandisk cruzer u3 system in windows 10

I can't launch Sandisk cruzer u3 system in windows 10: [ATTACH] I can't launch SanDisk Cruzer 8GB & 16GB pendrive U3 system in Windows 10 and it come out message as above. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-launch-sandisk-cruzer-u3-system-in-windows/b23c68e5-23fc-4401-a5ab-5d24d2e77164
  6. regarding sandisk cruzer blade pendrive

regarding sandisk cruzer blade pendrive: my new sandisk pendrive worked well a few times but then stopped working suddenly. when i insert my pendrive now it recognises that there's a device plugged in by making a sound and also shows up on my computer as USB drive(H) but that icon appears faintly. when i click on...
  7. Is Windows 10 compatible with SanDisk Cruzer Force 32GB flash drive?

Is Windows 10 compatible with SanDisk Cruzer Force 32GB flash drive?: Is Windows 10 compatible with SanDisk Cruzer Force 32GB flash drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-windows-10-compatible-with-sandisk-cruzer-force/a7b56a55-3aae-4450-ac5e-da01f3e6cc37
  8. SanDisk 64GB Cruzer Glider Flash Drive

SanDisk 64GB Cruzer Glider Flash Drive: I am unable to get Windows 10 to detect it. When I put it into any USB Port, I get a messaged saying that Windows can't recognize it. When I go into Device drivers, I see "(Unknown USB Device (Port Reset Failed) I've tried everything I can think of. I even thought that it...
  9. sandisk cruzer 32G

sandisk cruzer 32G: My testing of Windows 10 shows that the Sandisk Cruzer has no driver in Windows 10 for it. I have no idea how to send feedback to Microsoft so this can be added. 2521
  10. Is my SanDisk Cruzer destroyed?

Is my SanDisk Cruzer destroyed?: I plugged in my USB drive and I get notification USB device not recognized. In This PC it shows but it looks like this: [img] When I right click to try and format it, nothing happens. I also tried renaming the drive letter, nothing. I tried many USB fix tools, such as,...