Windows 10: Santorini reference shows up in Windows 10, Andromeda disappears

Discus and support Santorini reference shows up in Windows 10, Andromeda disappears in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft is working on a new and unified Windows experience internally codenamed Windows Lite OS. The company has not confirmed any public details... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jul 6, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Santorini reference shows up in Windows 10, Andromeda disappears

Microsoft is working on a new and unified Windows experience internally codenamed Windows Lite OS. The company has not confirmed any public details surrounding Windows Lite, but the initial reports revealed that the OS would run on various devices ranging from dual-screen hardware to affordable 2-in-1s.

Windows Lite is stated to deliver better performance, a unified Windows code experience, and improved security. Microsoft has also started preparing shells for LiteOS to deliver a customized and tailored experience on different form factors.

Windows Lite also has a shell called ‘Santorini’ and it could power Microsoft’s long rumoured dual-screen Centaurus. Rumours suggested that Centaurus could be a device with both Windows Core OS plus the LiteOS’ Santorini shell or just Windows Lite OS.

For reference, the Greek word ‘Santorini’ represents one of the Cyclades islands in the Aegean Sea.

Santorini reference shows up

A new reference of Santorini has appeared in Windows 10 20H1 Build 18934 as Microsoft makes progress in enabling Windows to work on foldable and dual-screen form factor devices.

Santorini reference shows up in Windows 10, Andromeda disappears Santorini-reference.jpg

The mentions of Andromeda mobile shell, which was part of Windows Core OS, have disappeared from Windows 10 20H1 bits.

Microsoft’s pocketable Andromeda may have been delayed as there’s still no compelling reason for the software giant to bring a foldable mobile form-factor device to market, while a large dual-screen device like Centaurus makes more sense.

The post Santorini reference shows up in Windows 10, Andromeda disappears appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jul 6, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 6, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 6, 2019
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Delta6326, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Santorini reference shows up in Windows 10, Andromeda disappears - Similar Threads - Santorini reference shows

2. Windows beeping - Icon in taskbar showing up and disappearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows beeping - Icon in taskbar showing up and disappearing: I am running a Microsoft Surface Pro 7 on Windows 11 Pro. Every 2 - 3 minutes I get a beeping noise and the icon shown in attached photo shows up for split second. I had to capture with a video and take screenshot. I'm not familiar with this icon and the beeping noises are...
  3. Windows beeping - Icon in taskbar showing up and disappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows beeping - Icon in taskbar showing up and disappearing: I am running a Microsoft Surface Pro 7 on Windows 11 Pro. Every 2 - 3 minutes I get a beeping noise and the icon shown in attached photo shows up for split second. I had to capture with a video and take screenshot. I'm not familiar with this icon and the beeping noises are...
  4. Invoke-Restmethod CMD showing up and disappearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Invoke-Restmethod CMD showing up and disappearing: Not sure if this is the right place to submit this.A client has a Win11 Pro device that is coming up with this CMD prompt window intermittently:We're concerned if it's a security risk first and foremost. Windows Defender isn't alerting us to anything suspicious, though. I'm...
  5. Invoke-Restmethod CMD showing up and disappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invoke-Restmethod CMD showing up and disappearing: Not sure if this is the right place to submit this.A client has a Win11 Pro device that is coming up with this CMD prompt window intermittently:We're concerned if it's a security risk first and foremost. Windows Defender isn't alerting us to anything suspicious, though. I'm...
  6. Can't launch Mass Effect Andromeda

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't launch Mass Effect Andromeda: Electronic Arts Support redirected me here for an issue with the game Mass Effect Andromeda not launching. When I press play in Origin, the software disappears and reappears half a second later with nothing showing up in Task Manager....
  7. show stop code reference by pointer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    show stop code reference by pointer: i wanna upgrade to windows 11 but whenever i try it stop and blue screen come. stop code with reference of pointing is the prombem ...plz suggest.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/show-stop-code-reference-by-pointer/4fa9e20d-3922-4d6e-95ff-ebadf28e3bfc
  8. settings window disappears after showing up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    settings window disappears after showing up: after clicking on the start window icon, and then clicking on the settings icon, the settings screen appears for a second, and then disappears completely....
  9. Windows Core OS, Andromeda and Polaris references spotted in SDK

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Core OS, Andromeda and Polaris references spotted in SDK: Microsoft has been working for quite some time on the mythical foldable device called codenamed Andromeda and the company’s new modular platform Windows Core OS. The software giant has remained tight-lipped on the release of Andromeda and modular operating system, though more...
  10. Microsoft’s Andromeda: A Folio of the Future

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s Andromeda: A Folio of the Future: [Over the past few weeks, we have been hearing a lot about the ‘Andromeda’ device that Microsoft is building. The hardware, if it is ever released, is Microsoft’s vision of the mobile future or at least a device that allows them to stay in the mobile conversation. If you...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Santorini microsoft windows