Windows 10: SATA BIOS issues

Discus and support SATA BIOS issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I know it's not due to the operating system I'm having this issue but hoping I can get help. My BIOS won't detect more then 2 SATA devices connected to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Fatalerror0x00, Feb 9, 2016.

1. SATA BIOS issues

I know it's not due to the operating system I'm having this issue but hoping I can get help. My BIOS won't detect more then 2 SATA devices connected to my motherboard. All devices work assuming they are the only two connected and also doesn't matter which 2 ports. Any help is appreciated please. Thank you everyone!

:)

Fatalerror0x00, Feb 9, 2016
  2. Teddy2016 Win User

Issues with Windows 10 upgrade

See if BIOS (setup) detects the drives. There is an option in bios to use the sata as ide or raid. Plus an option to detect sata or ide first. If bios does not show the drives in the list, windows will not detect them. I remember having to mess with bios
    to get all drives online. Then when I booted win drivers were loaded. Running win 10 on a motherboard with one bay sata. (two plugs). One sata dvd rom and sata hard drive. Could not run in raid. I think it was enhanced mode. I really think it is bios setup
    that's giving you the issue.

Teddy2016, Feb 9, 2016
  3. PFN LIST CORRUPT -> Driver Verifier -> Detected Violation Help

The missing SATA driver and outdated BIOS were causing the issue?

OlliAuvinen, Feb 9, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

SATA BIOS issues

What model motherboard and/or computer do you have?

NavyLCDR, Feb 9, 2016
  5. I'm not sure but I shall find out once I get home tonight. Check back around midnight or tomorrow morning and that information will be provided

Fatalerror0x00, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

SATA BIOS issues

1. SATA BIOS issues - Similar Threads - SATA BIOS issues

2. BIOS sees DVD (sata) drive but Windows 10 does not.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BIOS sees DVD (sata) drive but Windows 10 does not.: I have connections on my motherboard for 8 sata drives and am using only 6, which includes the DVD drive. All of the hard drives and USB drives show in File Explorer but the DVD drive does not. How do I get the DVD drive to show in Windows 10?...
  3. 2.5" SATA III SSD not seen in BIOS as a boot disk

2.5" SATA III SSD not seen in BIOS as a boot disk: The machine is MSI Titan GT80 SLI and it has 4 SSDs: 3x2280 PCIe and 1x2.5" SATA III SSD. I have no issues with making images of the primary boot SSD, from one 2280 to another 2280 using Macrium Reflect. Then I use the bcdboot command to make the drive bootable. however, I...
  4. 2.5" SATA III SSD not seen in BIOS as a boot disk

in Windows 10 Support
    2.5" SATA III SSD not seen in BIOS as a boot disk: The machine is MSI Titan GT80 SLI and it has 4 SSDs: 3x2280 PCIe and 1x2.5" SATA III SSD. I have no issues with making images of the primary boot SSD, from one 2280 to another 2280 using Macrium Reflect. Then I use the bcdboot command to make the drive bootable. however, I...
  5. Updated Bios on Gigabyte MoBo -- lost 3 SATA ports

Updated Bios on Gigabyte MoBo -- lost 3 SATA ports: I built my Intel i5 PC in 2010. The mobo is the Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3 "Ultra Durable"... After recently upgrading to Windows 10, I attempted to upgrade my RAM from 4 to 8 GB. My mobo did not recognize the two available RAM slots. I decided (wrongly) to upgrade my 5+ year old...
  6. Having issues with BIOS & GPU

Having issues with BIOS & GPU: Motherboard Maximus Viii Formula Everytime i enter the UEFI BIOS and set my primary display as PCIE and save and exit when i go back into the bios the saved settings on primary display revert back to auto Asus M8F - YouTube 73569
  7. sata issue

sata issue: A new Windows update on my desktop took over 2 hours. The machine then transitioned into a "perpetual reboot". In other words, it continued rebooting itself but never to the point of reaching the login screen. I stopped the cycle by depressing the f12 key during the...
  8. Second SATA drive showing in BIOS but not Device Manager

Second SATA drive showing in BIOS but not Device Manager: I've just added a 2nd HD to my Dell system with Win 10. It shows in the BIOS and Seagate tools finds it. It does not show up in Device manager or Computer Management/Storage - Disc Management or anywhere. Not sure if this si Won 10 specific. Anyone else seen this or has any...
  9. BIOS and UEFI issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BIOS and UEFI issue: I have a brand new Asus K555 laptop running core i5 5th gen. But though it is new, it seems to be running BIOS. It is old fashioned cursor less one. But it supports secure boot, GPT disk and it boots in CSM mode. So I think I can install UEFI. Please advise. Thank you 38752
  10. BIOS Issue or what?

in Windows 10 Support
    BIOS Issue or what?: I'm uncertain where to post this message so apologies if it would be more appropriate elsewhere. My seven-year old Medion MD96630 notebook is running a clean install of Windows 10 which I had to have a Microsoft Engineer activate for me. Since then, on boot up, the...