Windows 10: SATA CD drive

Discus and support SATA CD drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my HP desktop will not recognize the sata CD drives.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by chip shot, Nov 8, 2019.

1. chip shot Win User

SATA CD drive

my HP desktop will not recognize the sata CD drives.

:)

chip shot, Nov 8, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

CD drive error

1) Close all open programs
    2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
    3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    SYSTEM
    CurrentControlSet
    Control
    Class
    {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.

UpperFilters
    LowerFilters
    UpperFilters.bak
    LowerFilters.bak
    5) If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete
    6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor
    7) Reboot your computer
    8) Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned. You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that the yellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone.

And it likely has something to do with the emulated drive you have listed there.

newtekie1, Nov 8, 2019
  3. KomouPoji Win User
    how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Nov 8, 2019
  4. jds63 Win User

SATA CD drive

CD/DVD Drive not reading discs

Other choice it to make sure have chipset drivers updated and IDE/ATA ATAPI Controllers updated drivers listed in Device Manager. Most cases it is not recognized at all, then be other steps to try as can even be registry fix i have seen in this from other posts here.

jds63, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

SATA CD drive

1. SATA CD drive - Similar Threads - SATA drive

2. Resurgence of Intel Rapid Storage Tech removing SATA drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Resurgence of Intel Rapid Storage Tech removing SATA drive: I've had this problem before (twice, in fact) and the last time I updated the IRStorage Tech driver. Which solved the problem for a few weeks. All of a sudden, the SATA drive is disconnected every time Windows 10 pro version 1903 goes to sleep. Today I also had a note...
  3. Having issues with win10 last state of hard drive as incorect, loading sata and esata...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Having issues with win10 last state of hard drive as incorect, loading sata and esata...: Having issues with win10 last state of hard drive as incorect, loading sata and esata drives as usb. After hard disk sentinel dropped one 2tb hard drive to 10% health, I started to investigate what could be causing the issue. It seems that every 2tb hard drive suffers...
  4. Mechanical sata hard drive with jumper setting?

Mechanical sata hard drive with jumper setting?: I have a sata hard drive "samsung sp2004c" and i noticed the hard drive causing a problem such as my system taking longer to startup and using crystal disk info where it says if the drive is good it says unknown and is greyed out. Is there something im not doing right? Ps:...
  5. Can You Other SATA Drives Effect Your OS on the System Drive?

Can You Other SATA Drives Effect Your OS on the System Drive?: I've got this Asus H170 board computer running win10 that I've got a long history of problems with. And I've got an Asus H61-MK board computer running win10 that I never get troubles with. A great puzzle. I might have found a clue. This board, this computer, yesterday and...
  6. Intel Rapid Storage Technology disconnecting SATA drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intel Rapid Storage Technology disconnecting SATA drive: Hi, Recently I've had several instances of Intel rapid stor tech disconnecting my SATA drive. Happens at least once a day. While restarting fixes that problem I'd prefer a way to fix it more permanently. I found this on FAQs, but it's only for Win 7,8. Is this the...
  7. New Bare-bones SATA Hard Drive (External) can't get "initialize" window to show on "disk...

New Bare-bones SATA Hard Drive (External) can't get "initialize" window to show on "disk...: New backup hard drive (WD) shows up on "disk management" as "D" but r-click won't produce the "initialize" option -- just properties. Any suggestions why the initialization function fails to surface upon r-click? Is there another way to this option? Tried restarting and...
  8. Can I retrieve my email, music and photos from an infected hard drive using a SATA to USB...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can I retrieve my email, music and photos from an infected hard drive using a SATA to USB...: Hello: Just got a call from my cousin in a different state who inexplicably fell for a version of the ransomware scam. Now they want $400. I think we all know the drill. I told her to buy a new hard drive or purchase a SATA to USB cable from Amazon an reformat her hard...
  9. Disappearing Hard drives, both external (USB) as well as internal (SATA)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disappearing Hard drives, both external (USB) as well as internal (SATA): Last three or four w10 64 bit updates I have occasionally seen internal disk drive 1 (G:) disappearing from file explorer, this has been significantly reduced with the latest (1903) but still occurs under certain circumstances which is critical as it causes backups to fail....
  10. Internal SATA hard drives show up as removable devices in 'Safely Remove Hardware'

Internal SATA hard drives show up as removable devices in 'Safely Remove Hardware': Hi, Issue; I've got two of my internal SATA hard drives (4 internal hard drive in total) showing as removeable drives in the 'safely remove hardware and eject media' tray icon list. I don't want to accidentally eject one of them so I would like them not to appear in the...